PDA

View Full Version : d15b question

SLo_MKIII
10-20-2008, 02:40 PM
so im considering getting a ef sedan with the stock d15b2 and i was doing a little reading about how the z6 and y8 have a problem with power steering bracket not fitting etc. so i was wondering if anyone has done this d15b sohc vtec swap into a ef and had any similar problems?

Elbow
10-20-2008, 02:51 PM
I did, didn't have a problem. But didn't have powesteering as my EF didn't have powersteering...

SLo_MKIII
10-20-2008, 02:53 PM
I did, didn't have a problem. But didn't have powesteering as my EF didn't have powersteering...

if i take the power steering out would it be fine? the steering rack wouldnt lock up or anything right? i read in another forum that it would but this is my 3rd w/o it and havent had a problem yet:thinking:

Elbow
10-20-2008, 03:07 PM
No it won't lock up lol. Just plug the holes.

SiRed94
10-20-2008, 05:44 PM
I had a Z6 in my 4dr EF, and kept power steering on it. I used either a B2 or A6 PS bracket and pump. If I remember correctly, you have to drill the hole on the PS bracket that connects to the side mount larger so the bolt can be angled correctly. And place a washer in between the PS bracket and mount bracket. But, I ended up taking it off because I couldn't find a VSS with the PS ports on it at the time, so it felt extremely loose at higher speeds. But you can disconnect it and run it without the pump without any problems to the rack.