PDA

View Full Version : Bleeding ABS Brake System

BIG WORM
07-24-2008, 12:23 PM
I have bled the whole system 3 times and there are no leaks or air in lines, but I have NO brakes whatsoever. There must be a certain order which you have to bleed the ABS unit and the wheels or something. Not a big deal yet I'll probably figure it out later, just wondering if there is something major I'm leaving out...

RL...
07-24-2008, 01:59 PM
I have bled the whole system 3 times and there are no leaks or air in lines, but I have NO brakes whatsoever. There must be a certain order which you have to bleed the ABS unit and the wheels or something. Not a big deal yet I'll probably figure it out later, just wondering if there is something major I'm leaving out...

I bled my brakes a few weeks ago, and I didn't have touch the abs system at all. I even kept all the wheels on my car, there are several write ups about bleeding brakes online so I won't go into detail, but you must have messed up somewhere. And yes, you bleed the brakes in a certain order, and don't let the master cylinder get too low on fluid. Go buy a Haynes book for your car. Best $15 I've spent towards my car. Good luck.

Fr33way
07-24-2008, 02:47 PM
You start from the farthest caliper away from the MC and get closer each time.

suprapower
07-24-2008, 03:37 PM
you could have a ****ed up master cylinder

AnthonyF
07-25-2008, 08:05 AM
FIRST OFF-are you doing this with a friend or by yourself?

You might have drained out too much at a time and didnt refill it fast enough.

Bleed out the master cylinder...Get one person in the car, one person with a wrench on the master cylinder. Bleed each line quite a few time and make sure you keep filling the reservoir. If that doesnt fix it, your master cylinder could be bad.

-Ant.

BIG WORM
07-25-2008, 08:49 AM
Yea I have so many Haynes and Chilton manuals, I am just so impatient with them that I usually just eventually figure stuff out after I lose my mind in frustration with those books. Thank God I bled those brakes 4 times before I thought to replace the master cylinder because then I got to bleed them 3 more times and that makes 7 times all the way around the same car. I think thats one for the Guiness book.

BIG WORM
07-27-2008, 04:56 PM
94 and 95 integras have a bleeder valve on the abs anyone know what to do with it?

tank500999
07-30-2008, 10:40 PM
check all the soft brake lines make sure the brake fluid is not contaminated.

Carbon~IS
08-01-2008, 01:40 PM
I don't know about other ABS units, but on the IS you have to pressurize the system to about 14.7psi to bleed the abs you can't pedal bleed it.

ash7
08-01-2008, 02:22 PM
^ it is the same with DC ABS brakes.

-jonathan

BIG WORM
08-06-2008, 11:00 AM
how do i build the pressure up other than pumping the pedal? The pressure goes up way past 14psi when you crank it up and the hydraulic modulator comes on.