PDA

View Full Version : MOTOR MOUNTS...???

dkjohnson04
05-25-2008, 03:28 PM
in the market for some aftermarket mounts for my 96 teg. currently pretty stock motor wise, intake/plugs/wires/exhaust/clutch.......(B18B) looking for some opinions or peoples experience, good or bad with any aftermarket mounts...... i am looking at hasport and avid at the moment..dont mind vibrations either!!

thanks for any input reps will be given!! :goodjob:

IF YOU HAVE SOME FOR SALE LMK!!! :D:D:D:D

dkjohnson04
05-25-2008, 08:15 PM
bump..............just got home from andretti speed lab...that place is the shizzznit!!

gsrteg
05-25-2008, 09:19 PM
keep your stock mounts, and buy the polyurethane mount inserts...They work well, and a lot cheaper than, replacing for a new hasport or other mount set...which is pointless unless you doing a type R swap or turbo...Just get the inserts, they make engine stiff as heck and less engine hop = better handling, more vibrations, and better performance.

Tech5
05-25-2008, 09:21 PM
True But a Biatch to install
keep your stock mounts, and buy the polyurethane mount inserts...They work well, and a lot cheaper than, replacing for a new hasport or other mount set...which is pointless unless you doing a type R swap or turbo...Just get the inserts, they make engine stiff as heck and less engine hop = better handling, more vibrations, and better performance.

Barefoot
05-25-2008, 10:06 PM
True But a Biatch to installdont even get me started. that rear mount what a bitch.

dkjohnson04
05-26-2008, 12:50 AM
thats what i am now considering. a set of hasport mounts is over half the price of the B20 i will be buying pretty soon lol................ reps given for input though! so, about the rear mount???? do you have to remove intake mani to access it???? I am a nOOb at this

Tech5
05-26-2008, 12:56 AM
No you would have to remove the lower intake bracket , catalytic convertor ,rear mount bracket , but its a tight spot, then you have to re align the tranny/motor back with that bracket an rear mount just some work