PDA

View Full Version : motor mount madness

Mr. Clean
12-30-2007, 09:19 PM
alright i have a b16 in a del sol and my buddy JDMjoe86 has a d something in a 92 eg.

our driver side top engine mount looks the same. why is this?

he is convinced they should NOT be the same because it is a D vs. B, but them bit*hes are the same. and if you look at the picture of the coffee and cream eg, it has a different mount with the b series in it. and when i go to buy mounts at autozone or whatever the mount that is seen on the coffee and cream eg is what it brings up for MY del sol driver top mount but its not it

discuss:

top is the dirty b, bottom is the oldie d

khaxnguyen
01-01-2008, 03:56 PM
off subject but clean car!!!! lol

Mr. Clean
01-01-2008, 04:00 PM
off subject but clean car!!!! lol

wish it was mine haha

i think its jdmjeff's

silversol
01-01-2008, 04:40 PM
you have a b16 style mount on yours which will bolt to the stock d series style mount. if you look at the one on top of the transmission is also the same. there are two diffrent style mounts the mount under the cam gears the b16 style and the style found on 94+ integra ls and gsr. which is whats picture on that hatch.

silversol
01-01-2008, 04:45 PM
edit some of the 92-95 "EX" model civic with the d16z6 also used the integra style mount.

bafbrian
01-01-2008, 04:55 PM
The difference is not the mount, it is the bracket that bolts up to the motor.

silversol
01-01-2008, 05:04 PM
you have a b16 style mount on yours which will bolt to the stock d series style mount. if you look at the one on top of the transmission is also the same. there are two diffrent style mounts the mount under the cam gears the b16 style and the style found on 94+ integra ls and gsr. which is whats picture on that hatch.

thats what i said

Mr. Clean
01-01-2008, 05:19 PM
cool cool...i was just kind of concerned that someone may have fabbed up something to fit a d series mount that wouldnt be as effective.

the mount that is on the coffee and cream hatch is like $130 and the mount on my car is $37.99 haha, so i guess its good that i have the cheap one but it may be a piece of shi-t

RBS
01-01-2008, 05:49 PM
to my knowledge, all b/d series driver side mounts are the same . . . well not exactly the same, but you can use either one LoL

bafbrian
01-02-2008, 10:23 AM
to my knowledge, all b/d series driver side mounts are the same . . . well not exactly the same, but you can use either one LoL

There is a difference depending on which bracket you use.

I bought a driver's engine bracket for a 99/00 SI and the studs are like ( o_O ) whereas the Teg's are like ( O_O ). I know that is probably about as a clear as mud without a real picture.