12-24-2007, 07:28 PM
Nice price.

slow_hatch
12-24-2007, 07:38 PM
Why not :D

Kaiser
12-24-2007, 10:15 PM
http://atlanta.craigslist.org/car/483604594.html
I'd assume the same reason that people put them into 240's. Except a Supra is a body that actually could have a V8 and not be utterly ridiculous. I must also add, that engine should have been mounted about two inches further back if possible, I wonder how nose-heavy that thing feels to drive...

BUGMAN
12-24-2007, 10:21 PM
Why not :D

Agreed. Some of the coolest things I have seen has come from a few rednecks sitting around bored with spare parts. Sometimes it doesn't turn out so well but sometimes it does.

This is kinda cool but it would blow my mind if I pulled up beside it at a red light and heard the engine rumbling.

RandomGuy
12-25-2007, 04:59 AM
because smallblock 350 swaps cost less than d series swaps and the 7m motor sucks monkey nuts

speedminded
12-25-2007, 08:30 AM
http://atlanta.craigslist.org/car/483604594.htmlWhat's your question on it? This is the general tech forum.

I'd assume the same reason that people put them into 240's. Except a Supra is a body that actually could have a V8 and not be utterly ridiculous. I must also add, that engine should have been mounted about two inches further back if possible, I wonder how nose-heavy that thing feels to drive...That engine is under 700 lbs with a 4 speed transmission and the 7M-GE is around 450 plus the weight of the transmission. Not too much difference and it will put out quite a bit more power and torque ;)

Kaiser
12-25-2007, 10:09 AM
What's your question on it? This is the general tech forum.

That engine is under 700 lbs with a 4 speed transmission and the 7M-GE is around 450 plus the weight of the transmission. Not too much difference and it will put out quite a bit more power and torque ;)

The 7M-GE is mounted a little bit further back, more of the weight is toward the center of the car. I agree with your point to some degree, and for going in straight lines it's fine for the power/weight difference. Like I said though, I wondered how nose-heavy it felt. If you really think the frame and body balance is enough to offset the new engine, then hey, maybe I'm wrong. I was wondering, I do want to drive it. I just think V8's are overrated.

Oh, and Speed: There is no question, he's made a couple of these that should probably be moved to "car talk."

Edit: I should reiterate again too, that I think a V8 in a supra is not a dumb idea. I do think a V8 into a 240 IS a dumb idea, and I'm just commenting on how it would drive. Supras are not terribly great-handling cars to begin with, adding even an extra 100lbs on the front and adjusting that weight forward just a little would require some serious suspension retuning.

IOnlyLookStock
12-25-2007, 01:41 PM
because smallblock 350 swaps cost less than d series swaps and the 7m motor sucks monkey nuts

Perfectly stated. I couldn't have put it any better myself.

I like the 350 swapped into the back of a crx myself..

speedminded
12-25-2007, 02:20 PM
The 7M-GE is mounted a little bit further back, more of the weight is toward the center of the car. I agree with your point to some degree, and for going in straight lines it's fine for the power/weight difference. Like I said though, I wondered how nose-heavy it felt. If you really think the frame and body balance is enough to offset the new engine, then hey, maybe I'm wrong. I was wondering, I do want to drive it. I just think V8's are overrated.

Oh, and Speed: There is no question, he's made a couple of these that should probably be moved to "car talk."

Edit: I should reiterate again too, that I think a V8 in a supra is not a dumb idea. I do think a V8 into a 240 IS a dumb idea, and I'm just commenting on how it would drive. Supras are not terribly great-handling cars to begin with, adding even an extra 100lbs on the front and adjusting that weight forward just a little would require some serious suspension retuning.If you use a later model pushrod V8 you can get an aluminum block with it....they are lighter than the cast iron KA's with tons more power and torque with even more potential.