PDA

View Full Version : 240sx running rich

DaRussian
12-13-2007, 05:41 PM
ok i just fixed my 1995 240sx, i changed the valves on it. and now its running rich, it works good but i can smell the exhuast stinks and throws black smoke. what could be the problem and how could i fix it.

JDMirza
12-13-2007, 05:42 PM
Stock KA24DE ? What kind of Valves did you use ? OEM Stock ? Aftermarket ?

Plain and Simple, it's unburnt fuel. Running way too rich, check if you got any oil leaks around. Might help if you lift the car up somewhere around a local shop. Check if Oil is entering an Area that is not allowed. Like for example, Spark Plug chambers. Plus when you replaced your valves, did you use a new valve cover, and head gasket, it can be a stressed valve cover gasket, or maybe a stressed head gasket.

240atlanta.com
zilvia.net
240sx.org

ask around those websites. l8r man.

DaRussian
12-13-2007, 09:23 PM
Stock KA24DE ? What kind of Valves did you use ? OEM Stock ? Aftermarket ?

Plain and Simple, it's unburnt fuel. Running way too rich, check if you got any oil leaks around. Might help if you lift the car up somewhere around a local shop. Check if Oil is entering an Area that is not allowed. Like for example, Spark Plug chambers. Plus when you replaced your valves, did you use a new valve cover, and head gasket, it can be a stressed valve cover gasket, or maybe a stressed head gasket.

240atlanta.com
zilvia.net
240sx.org

ask around those websites. l8r man.

i got a new head gasket and old valve cover.

Jigoku Z
12-14-2007, 11:33 PM
Could be a faulty coolant temp sensor or a dirty connection. Cause your car to stay in open loop...

JDMirza
12-14-2007, 11:42 PM
I'm sorry, I meant to say Valve Cover Gasket.