PDA

View Full Version : General Chat Polishing SIs

mightyone
09-09-2007, 12:34 PM
Anybody know a site or have any tips on polishing SIs.

DerrickT
09-09-2007, 12:47 PM
www.honda-tech.com

Search Feature.

ash7
09-09-2007, 12:49 PM
i just finished polishing out my set of "sawblades"

To achieve a mirror finish you will need:
0) spray bottle full of water
1) 220 grit
2) 400 grit
3) 1000 grit
4) 2000 grit
5) Mothers Billet polish (the 15$ can at autozone)
6) lots of time and patience

I used a metal brush attachment for my drill to get the paint off three of the wheels. By the time i got to the fourth wheel i was sick and tired of that, and decided to use paint stripper. (bad idea) It took the paint right off in a matter of minutes, but for whatever reason, that wheel that i used it on has a slight haze and isn't a mirror like the others.

Take time to clean the wheel in between stages and make sure you keep a constant stream of clean water on whatever you're sanding, you don't want all the debris the paper takes off to be constantly rubbing on the metal.

Take your time bro, it's a lot of work. It's not hard, just tedious and repetative.

www.honda-tech.com/zerosearch
-jonathan

RBS
09-09-2007, 01:34 PM
^ :werd:

SRCRX
09-09-2007, 09:30 PM
www.honda-tech.com (http://www.honda-tech.com/)

Search Feature.

:goodjob:

mightyone
09-10-2007, 05:32 PM
Alrighty, So the grits you put on, that means that I should sand it down in that order? Oh and what is that link for, I don't know where to go on that website.

mightyone
09-10-2007, 05:33 PM
A metal brush? What kind of metal brush should I buy, is there a name brand or something I should look for. I'm still kind of new to polishing rims, could you be a little bit more detailed.

mightyone
09-12-2007, 06:41 PM
No more responces.............

ryanh300
09-12-2007, 07:34 PM
dude go to honda-tech.com like they said and search

there is also about 20 threads on IA if you just search..its alot easier than asking people.

ash7
09-12-2007, 07:39 PM
- Walk into Home Depot and ask those guys to explain what a metal brush attachment is...

- Yes you do them in that order, that's what the numbers are there for

- You click on the link we gave you, type in "polishing wheels", click "ARCHIVE" over on the right side, and click SEARCH on the form.

*sigh*
-jonathan

ryanh300
09-12-2007, 07:41 PM
- Walk into Home Depot and ask those guys to explain what a metal brush attachment is...

- Yes you do them in that order, that's what the numbers are there for

- You click on the link we gave you, type in "polishing wheels", click "ARCHIVE" over on the right side, and click SEARCH on the form.

*sigh*
-jonathan

exactly, thats what the search feature is there for. probably every question aboyt anything honda will be on h-t

ash7
09-12-2007, 07:45 PM
exactly, thats what the search feature is there for. probably every question aboyt anything honda will be on h-t

...you wouldn't believe some of the stuff I've found on there...

i think that anything about ANYTHING can be found on hondatech

-jonathan

ryanh300
09-12-2007, 07:49 PM
...you wouldn't believe some of the stuff I've found on there...

i think that anything about ANYTHING can be found on hondatech

-jonathan

I agree :goodjob: