PDA

View Full Version : bolt broke off in intercooler

patrick4588
07-03-2007, 03:05 PM
when i was mounting my intercooler, one of the bolts broke off inside the threads. how do i get it out?

sullen
07-03-2007, 03:06 PM
old tool and die trick
get a center punch small enough to get in the hole. get a hammer. orient the punch at an angle, aligned to force the bolt to move counter clockwise. hit the punch repeatedly. that should work.

or... go buy a easyout. i have some if you are nearby...

patrick4588
07-03-2007, 03:19 PM
im in warner robins, so im not nearby. how much is an easy out? ill try the first thing before i buy one. thanks.

RandomGuy
07-03-2007, 03:26 PM
easyout doesnt work... dude the easiest way is to just grind the sides flat and use a wrench/socket to turn it out with some pb blaster

dunno easyout never worked for me

slowrolla97
07-03-2007, 04:28 PM
I have gotten mani bolts out and valve cover bolts and many other kind of bolts out with an easy out. You just have to have enough room to make a straight hole with a drill.

sullen
07-03-2007, 04:32 PM
how do you grind the sides of a broken bolt down in the threads? please tell me...im waiting to hear back on this one. easy outs are kinda expensive actually. like $12. but yea, just have to be able to drill a completely | vertical hole in the bolt. doesnt have to be deep, just enough for the easy out to get some grip on the tip of the thing. if that wont work try my first trick. used that many times on lots of broken shit. always works...

HalfBaked
07-03-2007, 04:34 PM
Just drill it out.

AnthonyF
07-05-2007, 10:16 AM
old tool and die trick
get a center punch small enough to get in the hole. get a hammer. orient the punch at an angle, aligned to force the bolt to move counter clockwise. hit the punch repeatedly. that should work.

or... go buy a easyout. i have some if you are nearby...

x2 they are a few bucks