PDA

View Full Version : Tank, his supra, and the "cover up"

Pages : [1] 2

Vteckidd
04-15-2007, 11:45 PM
Just because he will prob post this over here, and i want to have the first word.

Tank blew his supra up again, and he started a thread on supraforums.com. I want our side out before he has a chance to skew it his way like he did on supraforums.

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=427530

Why dont we tell the ENTIRE story Tank.

My name is mike, i run the shop where Mr. Tankards car was worked on. Let me tell you everything from day 1.

Mr. Tankard approached us about wanting to purchase a custom 4in exhaust in October of 2006. I had heard stories of Mr. Tankard and he had expressed concern over another local shop that had "done him wrong". I quoted him a price for the exhaust an we did it. Mr. Tankard inquired about tuning his setup on his supra the day he came to do the exhaust.

Mr. Tankards setup was a GT42 , TH350, 1000cc inj, AEM, Jun replica Intake manifold, STOCK NA BLOCK. He stated the car had never been tuned an he had installed the turbo himself with some help from some other friends. The install was half assed, we had to fix an elbow on the turbo to make the IC pipe even fit, i told him it was $140/hour to tune his AEM. Mr. Tankard said "i only have enough money to tune for 1 hour". With such little time, all we did was driveability mostly. we did NO WOT pulls

After 1 hour, the car made 255whp, 5500rpms, and we were done. I wrote Mr. Tankard an invoice stating that his car was not safe to boost. The following weekend, i hear from SEVERAL CREDIBLE witnesses and people about how Mr. Tankard was claiming that "Mainstream got 500whp out of my car". Which was simply not true.

Mr. Tankard contacted me about a week later wanting to fully tune his car. We agreed on a date and i reminded him it was $140/hour for tuning. The day BEFORE his scheduled tuning appointment, Mr. Tankard calls me an says his car shut off an was making a horrible noise. He decribed a "knocking" noise. We told him he would have to tow the car to us because i couldnt diagnose it over the phone.

The car came to us on a tow truck, the distributor was loose (as in all bolts were backed out) and the injector o rings were BLOWN out of the manifold. The car would turn over, but wouldnt crank. We felt it was due to the massive vaccum leak caused by the blown out injector o rings, and the distributor being off. Mr. Tankard had another shop called TOPSPEED install his turbo kit. We noticed that they had used the wrong injector o rings. We quoted Mr. Tankard $300 to remove his intake manifold, replace the orings, drill the manifold properly, an reinstall. That HAD to be done to have the car START. Mr. Tankard agreed.

We fixed the O rings an the car cranked up. It was knocking louder than ANY car i have ever heard, especially a supra. We contacted mr. tankard an told him his motor was gone. The only thing at the time we could think of was that the dizzy had rotated, timing was all out of whack, the car detonated, and blew the rod bearings out.

I explained to Mr. Tankard that the original bill for $300 had to be settled up, and i gave him a quote for fixing the car. He agreed to have the car repaired. IIRC his estimate was for $3500 to basically RR a supra motor, assemble, and reinstall. Mr. Tankard expressed how he was on a tight budget so we helped him where we could.

We told mr. tankard we would need a deposit to begin work. this was about the end of October. We also told him we needed to settle up on the $300 bill. A few weeks go by, an we receive no payment from Mr. Tankard. Meanwhile, he is sending me PMs about how he bought a nitrous kit, AVCR, big screen tv, and other items. This whole time we never were paid.

After about 2 months, I call Mr. Tankard for about the 6th time, and told him enough was enough, we would start charging storage on his vehicle. Mr. Tankard shows up about 6 days later , to FINALLY pay his bill, 2 MONTHS after it was done. His bill had gone from $300 to $390. He paid his bill and told me he would give me a deposit for the car soon.

The end of december comes, and Mr. tankard sends me via paypal a deposit to get started on his motor.

Mr. Tankard supplied the USED RODS,USED PISTONS, USED BLOCK. I bought all brand new pumps, gaskets, seals, timing belt, ACL Race Bearings.

On Jan 5th i started ordering parts for his car. Now we are one of the busiest shops in Atlanta, so i put Mr. Tankards car on the schedule for Jan. 22-27th. that would be the time we STARTED work on his car provided all parts were present. Mr. Tankard repeatedly pushed us to "hurry " up on his car, he expressed how we were working on other cars an not his, complained, etc. This was the same guy that took 2 months to pay me $300, yet he was agitated that when he paid his deposit we didnt "jump right on it".

Mr. Tankard deployed overseas shortly after we began work on his car. We took our time and assembled his motor. We completed the car, and upon completion the only problems we noticed were his Water Temp Gauge didnt work (he stated it never had) and his Boost gauge did not work. His Car has some cheap over lay white face gauges, and everything is miscalibrated. His car reads "0" rpms when it is cold idling. his tach was at least 1200 rpms off by my dynojet. Mr. Tankard never paid us to fix his gauges. We did however replace his Temp Sensor, but his gauge still didnt work.

We dynoed the car, and upon doing a few mild boost pulls, the car boost creeps like CRAZY. Wanting to be gentle on the car, we notice that Mr. Tankard has a 35mm wastegate for his GT42 turbo. We stop tuning, contact mr. tankard, an tell him that his car cannot be tuned due to the boost creeping issue. We also found out the wastegate had a 22PSI WASTE GATE SPRING. So, we can now theorize that the car blew up in the first place because it was prob doing 22psi on pump gas untuned and Mr. Tankard didnt realize it.

We sell and install a Tial 44mm Wastegate an 1 bar spring for Mr. Tankard. After the wastegate change, boost is kept in check, and the car makes 467whp at 17psi with a vacuum T. it makes 44xwhp at 1 Bar. The car NEVER OVERHEATES, NEVER CREPT HOT, NEVER BLEW COOLANT OUT , NEVER showed ANY signs of overheating. Matter of fact the only problem we had was blowing the front main seal out. We replaced the front main seal with a Beck-Arnley seal an that was the only problem we had.

Mr. Tankard had no boost controller, so we couldnt really turn the boost up reliably. We told Mr. Tankard to drive the car at 470whp an enjoy it and invest in a boost controller before we turned the boost up. We also told Mr. Tankard that his car was EXTREMLY short geared, in 3rd gear on his NON OVERDRIVE TH350, he was doing 119mph. We told him to invest in an overdrive tranny or buy a different rear end gear as his car would prob cruise at very high rpms on the highway.

We took the car on several street tests around the shop, prob running off about 20miles on the car. Never had any problems. This was the END of FEB when we finished the car.

I contacted mr. Tankard for final payment, an was told i would have to wait until the "first of the month". I was slightly pissed that Mr. Tankard had repeatedly rushed us to finish this car, yet he AGAIN could not make payment. We wondered if we were going to have to wait 2 months to receive payment like the first time. Well the fist of march comes an Mr. Tankard pays as agreed.

We were contaced that Mr. tankard was going to be back in the states to pick up his car sometime on April 10th. On APril 10th, we cranked up his car (it had been a month since it had ran) an the car had some electrical problems with the ALARM and the idle was a tad too high because it has no IAC (it has an aftermarket manifold). The car drove normal. Me and one of my senior techs drove the car on a test drive and we did beat on the car to make sure the a/f ratios were fine since the weather was a bit warmer than when we had tuned it. the a/f were fine, an the car never went over 202 F. This car has a 195 degree thermostat that was BRAND NEW.

Mr. Tankard then drove his car around the shop, came back, said thanks, and left. I reminded Mr. Tankard that his car still had a malfunctioning Temp gauge, and his Power steering line was leaking. About 30minutes later he calls me saying the car broke down and just "shut off". I asked him to describe the problem an he said "The car started to smoke from underneath the hood , then started to misfire, and i kept driving, then it just shut off". I told him to stay put an we would go pick the car up.

Turbo Dave an i took off with a truck an trailor. When we get to the area, we notice the car has about 1 gallon of coolant on the ground, and theh FACTORY OEM PAINT on the valve covers has melted. We try to start the car, and it is locked up. We knew the motor was gone.

We towed the car back to the shop an inspected everything. The twin 12 in electric fans were still working, the car had coolant in it, and the spark plugs were PERFECT as far as a/f ratios go. there was green hue on them indicating the Headgasket was blown.

The car had been SEVERELY OVERHEATED and Mr. Tankard chose to drive on the car rather than pull over. He drove the car into the ground, so to speak.

The motor is beyond repair, the thermostat was fine, and the car never showed any signs of overheating when we dynoed the car for 5 hours.

Mr. Tankard admitted that he was "cruising at about 3800rpms" which in reality is more like 5000-5200rpms since his tach is off due to the cheap overlay face gauges. He also admitted that he was "going under 80mph, not beating on the car, just cruising".

Since the car no longer runs, we can only assume either he was beating on the car for an extended amount of time, or he was crusing at too high of an RPM due to the short rear end gear and the car got hot. We will never know because Mr. Tankard chose to drive the car an not pull over at the first sign of trouble. Had Mr. Tankard pulled over an contacted us, we would have tried to duplicate the situation in an attempt to see why the car got hot, but we were never given that chance.

Mr. Tankard has almost no knowledge when it comes to cars. Which is not something i would make fun of him for, just pointing it out. He has a reputation for getting work done by shops, then blowing his car up , and then blaming the shop that performed the work. He has had this Supra blow up twice now (less than a week having work done to it) and he blew up a Honda Civic he used to own. He is crass, arrogant, and a compulsive liar. Almost no shop will work on his cars anymore. We simply feel that he bought a bunch of "race car parts" for his street car, and bad things come from that. Do you really think that 3 seperate atlanta shops all of whom have outstanding reputations, have all screwed him over, or is it something else?

We truly fell bad for Mr. Tankards situation, but how are we supposed to warranty a motor that HE OVERHEATED. A motor he supplied USED Parts for? Had the car overheated on the dyno, we would stand behind our work and looked into it. But we never saw any problems from the car. To make this thread andto post private PMs i had sent him back an forth is the last straw.

I will post DETAILED PICS of the gauges, swap, motor, invoices,etc tomrrow, i am at home an can not get those items until i am at work.

I also had a death in my family last week and have been unavailable , Mr. Tankard knew this, but he chose to PM me 4 times anyway asking about his car, and made this thread because i had "not responded to his previous PMs".

Mike
Mainstream Performance

ATK_Designs
04-15-2007, 11:48 PM
damn...I thought Tank is a cool and understandable guy?

CHADbee
04-15-2007, 11:54 PM
lol

81911SC
04-15-2007, 11:57 PM
Thats sad.

GirlieZ
04-15-2007, 11:58 PM
i had heard discrediting information on tank before from some reliable sources, and i believed them when i heard it. not a doubt in my mind.

i guess that means he wont race collins. ..was that car an auto?

slow_hatch
04-15-2007, 11:58 PM
You can't handle the truth :taun:

CHADbee
04-15-2007, 11:59 PM
tiger says

"i told u so and he wants his reps"

2jz240sx
04-16-2007, 12:01 AM
damn mike...
nice lenghty write up...
i read the last 2 sentences...lol

rickgiblin
04-16-2007, 12:05 AM
i remember seeing his supra up there when my car was being worked on. i think that your shop has every mean to stand behind what you are saying, MSPI is a strait up shop and doesnt dick around. thanks for the work on my car. and yes its still running... havent blown this engine yet...lol

HalfBaked
04-16-2007, 12:07 AM
Hmm.

How long have I been fucking saying this about him...

I knew he couldn't build a fucking supra when he tried to make payments on an S13 he wanted to buy from Bryant!!!

HAHAHA TANK!

HAHAHAHAHA. REPS TO MIKE.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

koukis14
04-16-2007, 12:08 AM
Damn, what an asshole. I get customers like that all the time. I raised my voice to a customer for the first time Saturday and said "you are a liar and our converstion is over". Have fun, the guy sounds like a cock. Good luck.

IndianStig
04-16-2007, 12:09 AM
this seems like a sticky situation. sorry for your loss mike.

2jz240sx
04-16-2007, 12:09 AM
well now that i got one project car nearing the end, and it turned out damn goooood!
i will only take my cars to them from now on...
and soon will start another project with them...
real great group of guys!
anybody messin with them, ill kick their ass!

.:Zero:.
04-16-2007, 12:12 AM
Damn, this thread is packed like a gay man's ass!!!

R.Kelly
04-16-2007, 12:13 AM
wowzers

RandomGuy
04-16-2007, 12:13 AM
word on the street is that mainstream put a potato in his exhaust causing his car to explode

PhAtBoYMr2
04-16-2007, 12:14 AM
damn that sucks

2jz240sx
04-16-2007, 12:14 AM
how do you know what a packed gay mans ass looks like????

1civic
04-16-2007, 12:16 AM
A lession learned....You get what you pay for... :doh:

.:Zero:.
04-16-2007, 12:18 AM
how do you know what a packed gay mans ass looks like????
Mike has a bunch of dirty magazines in his room :crazy:

2jz240sx
04-16-2007, 12:22 AM
hahaha

i've seen mike at the mall and bars...
that mo-fo has some moves...
a regular pimp...
although he gets shy when i say "ladies ladies ladies" really loud as walking by...lol...
GLORY!

Tank_
04-16-2007, 12:22 AM
Sorry guys.

It is my fault.

I had to hurry home and I overboosted my car causing it to overheat.

I had Popeyes in the passenger seat and I didn't want it to get cold. My mother would be so pissed if I brought her cold Popeyes. I mean seeing that I do live at her house but play it off like its mine because I want people to think I have money and I want people to think I'm a baller when I'm really not.

Sorry guys, I especially apologize to Mike about this whole situation.

2jz240sx
04-16-2007, 12:23 AM
LMAO
that is mean guys!
1 post huh?
lol...

Psycho
04-16-2007, 12:24 AM
^1 post?

Psycho
04-16-2007, 12:25 AM
LoLz, I couldn't believe it at first. But then I saw the 1 post.

HalfBaked
04-16-2007, 12:25 AM
LOL.

Maybe Tank had to get a new name because he couldn't afford his already free one!

2jz240sx
04-16-2007, 12:26 AM
lol yea someone made it up!

Psycho
04-16-2007, 12:28 AM
lolz

HalfBaked
04-16-2007, 12:28 AM
lol yea someone made it up!
Nah, I'm sure that is Tank.

It sounds believeable.

I mean he is broke. He posted pictures of this badass house saying it was his and his alone, yet he can't afford to get his car dyno'd for more than 1 hour?!

LOL!

THIS THREAD HAS TOTALLY JUST MADE MY NIGHT!

HalfBaked
04-16-2007, 12:29 AM
lolz
repped!!!!

Nyteryder
04-16-2007, 12:36 AM
cant wait for his reply. I will save my comments until the thread gets alittle more entertaining

HalfBaked
04-16-2007, 12:40 AM
I just love it because everything I've ever said to Tank that he has denied has pretty much been contradicted by what Mike has said in this thread.

I wanna go and bump any thread where Tank has talked about how much money he has had.

ATK_Designs
04-16-2007, 12:43 AM
I don't know him much, but last when we talked, Tank sounded very sincere and nice, especially toward my parents.

But that was the only time we talked when he bought my TV, like a yr ago.

I'm sure they'll find a way to work it out nicely.

btw, Tank = Bleach (IA's Username) right?

sirkus
04-16-2007, 12:46 AM
First sign of the car malfunctioning... he should have stopped. Pulled over and called you guys. You don't just drive a car that's fucking up. Especially a damn almost 500hp turbo car that you just fucking paid 3k+ for a ton of work to be done.
It's all on him. :yes:

Stormhammer
04-16-2007, 12:46 AM
... curious, if I showed up with a tow truck first on Tuesday, can I get dibs on the Supra? :D

My mother would have me as her favorite child

Stormhammer
04-16-2007, 12:47 AM
First sign of the car malfunctioning... he should have stopped. Pulled over and called you guys. You don't just drive a car that's fucking up. Especially a damn almost 500hp turbo car that you just fucking paid 3k+ for a ton of work to be done.

yeah, thats pretty much sums it up right there :goodjob:

Frög
04-16-2007, 12:50 AM
Sorry guys.

It is my fault.

I had Popeyes in the passenger seat and I didn't want it to get cold. My mother would be so pissed if I brought her cold Popeyes. I mean seeing that I do live at her house but play it off like its mine because I want people to think I have money and I want people to think I'm a baller when I'm really not.

lol!

Tank
04-16-2007, 12:52 AM
Sorry guys.

It is my fault.

WOW .............. you really dont want to lose face that bad huh mike, you all made a simple mistake yet you cant admit it. but instead make a thread so your nutswingers can jump on the bandwagon. pssshhhh dont bother me man as you said about batlground and many other shops in your own words infront of me and my friends. Shops cover shit up when they fuck up cause if not they wouldnt be in business. However life goes on Mike its a car and althought yall didnt manage to make sure the thermastat was functioning properly thats cool. Have your laugh and cover up. Ill get my supra up soon enough mikey....... For all those wondering why mike posted this is because i asked a simple question on supraforums.................

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=427530

and then i told mike about it, and he jumped to defensive "a hit dog will holla mike" and you and i as well as a few select others know the truth. no matter what show you put on for IA, have fun with my 3600 buck donation.

Tank

Tank
04-16-2007, 12:55 AM
there was no sign i was on 20 east heading back to work the car cut off luckily i was in the far lane so i merged off....................when i popped the hood radiator fluid was everywhere and the car wouldnt turn over........ My bestfriend Mo "saiyogen on here" was with me....if it had of backfired or anything i would have known. however no sign other then it cutting off.........

sirkus
yeah, thats pretty much sums it up right there :goodjob:
I mean really.. I have several friends that are stupid like that.. "If it fucks up, then it's not on me" But what they don't realize is, the shop only puts a promise on what they do. They do the test drive, if it runs fine, they'll release the car to the owner. The second the owner gets in the car, it's his duty to fucking watch the car, and not dog the piss out of it until it shows it can handle it.

And besides.. if he was serious about building a 500hp supra, he'd have a working fucking temp gauge. I can't even drive a piece of shit car without one. :tongue1:

R3RUN
http://www.importatlanta.com/upload/files/141/happyis8.gif

Tank
04-16-2007, 12:56 AM
I don't know him much, but last when we talked, Tank sounded very sincere and nice, especially toward my parents.

But that was the only time we talked when he bought my TV, like a yr ago.

I'm sure they'll find a way to work it out nicely.

btw, Tank = Bleach (IA's Username) right?

i changed my name back to tank and thats person who you remember is the same person i am to this day, No matter how folks may try to twist and make it seem otherwise..........

2jz240sx
those are some fightin words!

but even if and its a big IF...
the thermo was bad for some reason should have noticed your engine getting hot...
and pull over in that situation...

i have had no problems with my 15k swap.
so i cannot say anythin negative...
A+++ work!

sirkus
there was no sign i was on 20 east heading back to work the car cut off luckily i was in the far lane so i merged off....................when i popped the hood radiator fluid was everywhere and the car wouldnt turn over........ My bestfriend Mo "saiyogen on here" was with me....if it had of backfired or anything i would have known. however no sign other then it cutting off.........
So it didn't even show any signs of it trying to die? It just cut off?

Stormhammer
Tank, even you said you still drove it when it made a funny noise - thats a no no

and used parts is also a no no - there's no guarantee on their condition

You should have also gotten the temp gauge fixed ( its a must in a turbo car ) or at least gotten an aftermarket one in - I own a Starion, these little bitches are tempermental as hell, so engine management and having correctly working gauges are key, and if any funny noise happens, its to the side of the road

and he already posted the link to the thread

I'm not siding with him nor you, but, there are some things that I've seen from you both about the car that I personally would have done something about, even if it meant being a few more weeks without

seandonn
04-16-2007, 12:57 AM
wow tank tell him whats up g :)

sirkus
04-16-2007, 01:00 AM
I'm not siding with him nor you, but, there are some things that I've seen from you both about the car that I personally would have done something about, even if it meant being a few more weeks without
Same here... :yes:

seandonn
04-16-2007, 01:02 AM
its both of your faults so stop trippin

2jz240sx
04-16-2007, 01:02 AM
whats up isnt his pocket book...
if you are going to spend money on expensive non warrantied parts then buy NEW!
i beat the shit out of my car...
purrrrs like a bear!

Tank
04-16-2007, 01:04 AM
So it didn't even show any signs of it trying to die? It just cut off?
correct after i pulled over and popped the hood i notice the oveflow and radiater fluid plowing out

R3RUN
04-16-2007, 01:05 AM
whats up isnt his pocket book...
if you are going to spend money on expensive non warrantied parts then buy NEW!
i beat the shit out of my car...
purrrrs like a bear!
lol, bears dont purr they rawr.

Tank
04-16-2007, 01:06 AM
Tank, even you said you still drove it when it made a funny noise - thats a no no

and used parts is also a no no - there's no guarantee on their condition

You should have also gotten the temp gauge fixed ( its a must in a turbo car ) or at least gotten an aftermarket one in - I own a Starion, these little bitches are tempermental as hell, so engine management and having correctly working gauges are key, and if any funny noise happens, its to the side of the road

and he already posted the link to the thread

see thats the thing there was no noice neither me or Mo who brought me up there to pick up the car noticed anything. na we even stopped and got gas "since there was less then a 1/4 tank left" still no issue but when i hit the highway "with MO behind me" 5 minutes later the car cut off without a sound or issue......mind you i had the targa off, windows down, and no music on i would have noticed if something was wrong

2jz240sx
04-16-2007, 01:07 AM
oh yea...
it is too late lol...

yeah ROAR!
here my ROAR!

well this thread will just keep getting better and better
im off to bed...will read the whining and stupidity tomorrow!
night folks

Tank
04-16-2007, 01:08 AM
its both of your faults so stop trippin

again see thats the thing i never blamed them in the first place if you read my post on supraforums it says no where that the car was fucked up by MAINSTREAM PERFORMANCE it says im asking for reasons that could solve the problem, Matter a fact i even went a step further to say "I WAS NOT BLAMING THE SHOP" so why in gods name did mike get so defensive if he had nothing to worry about.................

2jz240sx
04-16-2007, 01:08 AM
if you said it was plowing out, then should have smelled something!
shit is strong

Tank
04-16-2007, 01:11 AM
oh yea...
it is too late lol...

yeah ROAR!
here my ROAR!

well this thread will just keep getting better and better
im off to bed...will read the whining and stupidity tomorrow!
night folks
it wont get better maybe mike will come back in here to impress his crowd im only here to answer questions on what happened...........hell i didnt even think about making a thread on it in the first place mike felt it nessasary to have the first word on a matter i wasnt even gonna bring up. i was gonna pick up my car tuesday and the following week have the new 2jzgte installed that i got last night..................but ill be here for a few more minutes for questions afterwards night night :-)

Tank
if you said it was plowing out, then should have smelled something!
shit is strong
again after i stopped.........think of steam in a sense when i stopped is when it came out along with the huge puddle that mike mentioned............ there was no smell...... matter a fact until the car cut off there wasnt no signs of anything wrong. the car died wasnt no power loss or anything straight up died and i merged off to check it out.

NevrNufTorq
just my 2 cent as alway and turbo dave and mike are my boys so take out of this what you will. but, tank, you knowingly admit on this forum and others that you know nothing about cars. here's exactly what's wrong with yours, i have the black supra there the day you picked yours up. no car except for maybe an s2000(wife has one) is made to run for long periods of time at 5000 rpm's!!!! and your supra does it at 80 mph according to the dyno sheet. my supra is fully built and i can actually rev mine to 9000 and i would never run mine at 5000 for a long period of time. your car runs that high rpm just cruising down the highway. and guess what, i dont beat on mine, but my car has also never seen las than 90 on the highway. that would put you at about 5500 rpm's if you cruise where i cruise mine. take out of this what you will, you shoulda changed rearends!!! oh, and mine is an auto 400 so i have the exact same gearing as you.

sirkus
04-16-2007, 01:12 AM
again see thats the thing i never blamed them in the first place if you read my post on supraforums it says no where that the car was fucked up by MAINSTREAM PERFORMANCE it says im asking for reasons that could solve the problem, Matter a fact i even went a step further to say "I WAS NOT BLAMING THE SHOP" so why in gods name did mike get so defensive if he had nothing to worry about.................
It's an auto right? You should have had a damn working temp gauge man...

R3RUN
04-16-2007, 01:12 AM
Probably because you posted private shit on a public forum. Not to mention that while I was reading the thread on supraforums I got a strong sense that Mainstream was going to get end up being blamed for a possible bad temp sensor that they had no problems with. Just a thought though.

ct9a gsr
04-16-2007, 01:13 AM
Mike has been a very good and trustworthy friend to me... and I am sorry Mike to hear about your loss... many of us on here know what it feels like to lose a lost one... especially recently and I can fully understand what you may have felt. I am truely sorry you have to deal with outside shit when dealing with a lost one and helping your own family through it too.

Now Tank... I've tried talking to you via PM's to help you get your act straight and to try to make myself like you despite of the many things I've been hearing. Even after what you've been spreading around about TopSpeed, I still chose to not dislike you but shrug it off... however now, I've fk'n lost ALL respect for you. If anything, how can you be so damn rude and disrespectful to Mike who's not only been trying to help you out in all ways possible but ALSO dealing with a lost one... yet you sit here like an immature little brat posting for e-advice on your car on SupraForums and trying to get someone to post an excuse for your own stupid wrong-doings so you can hopefully point the blame at MainsStream? Do you really thinking that random-ass people on SupraForums who haven't even touched your car will have more knowledge and understanding of the situation than MainStream themselves... who, may I add, has worked on how many 2jz's?...

I have said this before, but... I'll say it again. SOME PEOPLE ARE NOT MEANT TO DRIVE FAST CARS. YOU ARE ONE OF THEM TANK. You want a full race setup but you don't even have the mechanical knowledge to know when a car is over-heating? You pulled over after the car seized up... AFTER radiator fluid was bubbling and pouring all in your engine bay? You know... its one thing to lack mechanical knowledge... but its another to have absolutely no common sense. Hell, even random people that don't know a damn thing about cars can smell the first signs of coolant inside a car. Trust me, my friends have mentioned it before to me due to my previous coolant leaks.

You know... I usually try to stay out of these drama-like threads and what not... however, what you're saying, writing, and your overall attitude pisses me off too much to stay silent. Maybe what pissed me off the most is you saying that Mike is trying to use the fact that his family member passed away as a cover-up for your Supra blowing up... I can't believe you'd even say something like that. Not only are you fk'n stupid but you're a blatent asshole too. NO, I AM NOT A MAINSTREAM BANDWAGON/CAMP GROUPPIE. I'm saying this from my own mind.

NevrNufTorq
04-16-2007, 01:14 AM
oh, and if you went for 5 miles on the 20 at 80 that means you were at minimum 5000 rpm's for at least 4-5 minutes straight!!! you wouldnt even hold that high sustained rpm on a road course

Tank
04-16-2007, 01:17 AM
just my 2 cent as alway and turbo dave and mike are my boys so take out of this what you will. but, tank, you knowingly admit on this forum and others that you know nothing about cars. here's exactly what's wrong with yours, i have the black supra there the day you picked yours up. no car except for maybe an s2000(wife has one) is made to run for long periods of time at 5000 rpm's!!!! and your supra does it at 80 mph according to the dyno sheet. my supra is fully built and i can actually rev mine to 9000 and i would never run mine at 5000 for a long period of time. your car runs that high rpm just cruising down the highway. and guess what, i dont beat on mine, but my car has also never seen las than 90 on the highway. that would put you at about 5500 rpm's if you cruise where i cruise mine. take out of this what you will, you shoulda changed rearends!!! oh, and mine is an auto 400 so i have the exact same gearing as you.
very good points andvery nice supra you own also, however i bought a gs400 rear end geard at 3.26 versus the na auto rear end at 3.77, how do i knwo this lil information i researched it. But i would have had it changed however there schedule was booked up. since you was there you witnessed teh idle issue they was having and saw my witness there. but i asked mike and dave if there would be any issues and i got "no as long as you dont touch the boost controller your fine" so liek anyone else who picks up there car from a shop i was confident in the work done and left. however you make good points, but remember this is the same tranny i drove from Topspeed with aith the na auto rear and never before has the first motor overheated and i had the car for 2 weeks. in those 2 weeks i drove from home to work on the setup. i live in stockbridge but i work in east point "army" so if it was teh tranny id figure i would have seen this problem before you know..........but thanks for your comments

tank

sirkus
04-16-2007, 01:18 AM
Mike has been a very good and trustworthy friend to me... and I am sorry Mike to hear about your loss... many of us on here know what it feels like to lose a lost one... especially recently and I can fully understand what you may have felt. I am truely sorry you have to deal with outside shit when dealing with a lost one and helping your own family through it too.

Now Tank... I've tried talking to you via PM's to help you get your act straight and to try to make myself like you despite of the many things I've been hearing. Even after what you've been spreading around about TopSpeed, I still chose to not dislike you but shrug it off... however now, I've fk'n lost ALL respect for you. If anything, how can you be so damn rude and disrespectful to Mike who's not only been trying to help you out in all ways possible but ALSO dealing with a lost one... yet you sit here like an immature little brat posting for e-advice on your car on SupraForums and trying to get someone to post an excuse for your own stupid wrong-doings so you can hopefully point the blame at MainsStream? Do you really thinking that random-ass people on SupraForums who haven't even touched your car will have more knowledge and understanding of the situation than MainStream themselves... who, may I add, has worked on how many 2jz's?...

I have said this before, but... I'll say it again. SOME PEOPLE ARE NOT MEANT TO DRIVE FAST CARS. YOU ARE ONE OF THEM TANK. You want a full race setup but you don't even have the mechanical knowledge to know when a car is over-heating? You pulled over after the car seized up... AFTER radiator fluid was bubbling and pouring all in your engine bay? You know... its one thing to lack mechanical knowledge... but its another to have absolutely no common sense. Hell, even random people that don't know a damn thing about cars can smell the first signs of coolant inside a car. Trust me, my friends have mentioned it before to me due to my previous coolant leaks.

You know... I usually try to stay out of these drama-like threads and what not... however, what you're saying, writing, and your overall attitude pisses me off too much to stay silent. Maybe what pissed me off the most is you saying that Mike is trying to use the fact that his family member passed away as a cover-up for your Supra blowing up... I can't believe you'd even say something like that. Not only are you fk'n stupid but you're a blatent asshole too. NO, I AM NOT A MAINSTREAM BANDWAGON/CAMP GROUPPIE. I'm saying this from my own mind.

That's pretty much dead on. I mean, jesus christ.. anyone who wanted to build a race car would have a damn working temp gauge. Constantly watching the gauges, after it was just fucking built..

RandomGuy
04-16-2007, 01:19 AM
......mind you i had the targa off, windows down, and no music on i would have noticed if something was wrong
http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/d/d1/Ferrari-Logo.svg.png
http://images.motortrend.com/roadtests/oneyear/112_0508_05s+2004_Jaguar_XJR+Hood_Emblem.jpg
http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/f/f1/Mercedes-Benz_Station_Wagon_exiting_with_turn_signal_on_.jp g
http://imgup-lb.automotive.com:8080/files/1005653.w420.jpg
http://www.drooker.com/graphics/images/Screaming-Infant.jpg
http://www.4-makingmoney.com/images/money.jpg
http://quarknet.fnal.gov/toolkits/ati/graphics/unequal.jpg
http://www.comicmonsters.com/CMimages/thing.jpg

In the Ferrari or Jaguar, switchin four lanes
With the top down screamin out
Money ain't a thang

Nyteryder
04-16-2007, 01:19 AM

Damn this makes the 2nd time in one night. +1

sirkus
04-16-2007, 01:20 AM
http://images.motortrend.com/roadtests/oneyear/112_0508_05s+2004_Jaguar_XJR+Hood_Emblem.jpg
http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/f/f1/Mercedes-Benz_Station_Wagon_exiting_with_turn_signal_on_.jp g
:lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:

R3RUN
04-16-2007, 01:20 AM
LOL at randomguy.

81911SC
04-16-2007, 01:21 AM
:cry:

Stormhammer
04-16-2007, 01:21 AM

LOLL you get reps for that!

Tank
04-16-2007, 01:22 AM

Charles im very disapointed to here you say these words but ok allow me to respond..............

1. i never brought up the fact on mikes grand parent passing as a crutch matter a fact he PM'd me as the excuse of him not answering my replies. hell i knew about his loss before the weekend ive got aim messages and pm's showing that i knew and was compassionate on that note.

2. who said they wasnt trying to help me, before tonight there was no issue but the minute i posted on supraforums asking for some possible reasons why my car overheated he got defensive. if i was bad mouthing him why did i pm him telling him about the thread. Also ask yourself this charles if i was bashing mainstream why would i say in my first post that "I AM NOT BLAMING THE SHOP". Your comments are unfounded and out of line charles, but i know your good friends with mike so i expect as much thanks for you comments

tank

Stormhammer
04-16-2007, 01:24 AM
look - Tank, just saying that its possible that running the high RPMs and w/o a temp gauge at that speed the engine may have had a meltdown

Whats done is done - I just recommend before you fix your engine, you get a new rear end and get the temp stuff working

R3RUN
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to RandomGuy again.

PhAtBoYMr2

wtf

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

RandomGuy
04-16-2007, 01:25 AM
look - Tank, just saying that its possible that running the high RPMs and w/o a temp gauge at that speed the engine may have had a meltdown

Whats done is done - I just recommend before you fix your engine, you get a new rear end and get the temp stuff workingyou kidding? anything above 4.9 is ideal for daily driving specially on a car that makes a gob of torque

sirkus
04-16-2007, 01:26 AM

Whats done is done - I just recommend before you fix your engine, you get a new rear end and get the temp stuff working
Invest in making a good investment.

Tank
04-16-2007, 01:26 AM

also keep in mind charles i was deployed and not due back til june 15th i returned early cause my wife "who is german" mother was murdered in her home country im on emergency leave as im typing this so i can take my pregnant wife "4 months" to germany for a funeral and return to kuwait............so again why would i even burden or bring up a loss one when im in the same situation............think about it, oh and Mike also knew this

Tank
04-16-2007, 01:27 AM

understandable and i had a new rear end 3 weeks ago its been at mainstream awaiting to be installed which it wasnt................but once again ive learned a good lesson and will be more careful next time on my setup

ct9a gsr
04-16-2007, 01:28 AM
I'm not here to quarrel with you Tank. You've shown what kind of person you are to not only me but many others as well.

Re: serious questions

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

you know what man, i had a DEATH IN MY FAMILY. Answering your PMs on my OFF DAYS is not at the top of my priority list. sorry. that may be rude, but thats the way it is.

Come get your car tuesday, we are done.

well i sent the secratary for the shop a Private message on the local boards showing this thread and here was my response so i guess i my boy was right saying it was a cover up................

t me ask this when a shop does something like this is there any standing for the customer.............

I will say this again, you are a blatent asshole and piss me off... severely.

Tank
04-16-2007, 01:31 AM
Invest in making a good investment.
very true and as ive said before and am not afraid to admit im still learning however when i put my car in a shop and pick it up im under teh impression the car is ready to roll.........Mike said they test drove the car 'i watched tehm leave" and they beat on it, I test drove the car also with MO in it "short distance", reason i never one time blamed Mainstream was cause i didnt know what caused it so instead i began with them to fix it, however since i posted on supraforums asking about it here we sit.............in my eyes id ont think i did anything wrong to warrant such childish and inappropriate behaviour such as these threads or lies being made but we are at this point. so ill pick up my car and all parts and begin again this time a lil wiser................

Tank

Tank
04-16-2007, 01:32 AM
I'm not here to quarrel with you Tank. You've shown what kind of person you are to not only me but many others as well.

I will say this again, you are a blatent asshole and piss me off... severely.
well ok if that makes you sleep better but cant please them all especially when i know im not in the wrong with what your saying..................sorry you feel that way Charles good luck with your anger

Tank

sirkus
04-16-2007, 01:33 AM
understandable and i had a new rear end 3 weeks ago its been at mainstream awaiting to be installed which it wasnt................but once again ive learned a good lesson and will be more careful next time on my setup
I'd buy another turbo motor.. put it together and fix anything and everything wrong with the car, then build it. :tongue1:

Tank
04-16-2007, 01:34 AM
I'd buy another turbo motor.. put it together and fix anything and everything wrong with the car, then build it. :tongue1:
Motor and tranny was purchased last night.........thats why i was pm'n mike yesterday and today to se what he found on his side, but i took care of that in my eyes i was trying to have my car back up and running before MAY but thanks for the advice..............

tank

Tank
04-16-2007, 01:35 AM
Are there any more questions on what happened while i was in the car

81911SC
04-16-2007, 01:36 AM
Are there any more questions on what happened while i was in the car
Did you yank it and then the coolant blew?

Stormhammer
nah, if I were you I would drop this thread, let it die ( both you and Mike ) and sort issues out personally

R3RUN
Did you tokyo driftzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz?

sirkus
04-16-2007, 01:37 AM
Motor and tranny was purchased last night.........thats why i was pm'n mike yesterday and today to se what he found on his side, but i took care of that in my eyes i was trying to have my car back up and running before MAY but thanks for the advice..............

tank
Everyone makes mistakes and learns lessons.. I bought a mustang 5.0.. learned my lesson :yes:

sirkus
04-16-2007, 01:38 AM
nah, if I were you I would drop this thread, let it die ( both you and Mike ) and sort issues out personally
:stupid:

Tank
04-16-2007, 01:43 AM
Did you yank it and then the coolant blew?
huh i dont understand your question but i was just cruising no pulls no nothing just cruising......

Tank
04-16-2007, 01:44 AM
i have no issues helli didnt have a issue to begin with however i will answer quetions tonight only on this issue afterwards im not worried about this thread

tank

Tank
04-16-2007, 01:44 AM
Everyone makes mistakes and learns lessons.. I bought a mustang 5.0.. learned my lesson :yes:
true and this willmake my third ............so the 4th i hope thiings go better

Tank
04-16-2007, 01:45 AM
Did you tokyo driftzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz?
LOL and no although i will be stationed in japan this winter after my wife has our baby

tank

RandomGuy
04-16-2007, 01:46 AM
Are there any more questions on what happened while i was in the car What kind of 2J did you have? NA-US Spec: Gallo 24, or JDM 2jzgte?

81911SC
04-16-2007, 01:47 AM
huh i dont understand your question but i was just cruising no pulls no nothing just cruising......
Which shop will you be using next?

Tank
04-16-2007, 01:47 AM
What kind of 2J did you have? NA-US Spec: Gallo 24, or JDM 2jzgte?
after my na blew.....i went with a NA block and head with TT internals, i also had a set of crower 270 cams installed in the head and all motor assesories was replaced, like water pump and such............

tank

Tank
04-16-2007, 01:49 AM
Which shop will you be using next?
hmmmmmm dont know might not need one other then maybe tuning, basically im goin stock TT with TT tranny for awhile so i dont see a need for a shop other then a basic motor swap but ive got 4 in mind and 2 ready as soon as the motor arrives next week

tank

GGPIS3
Originally Posted by Tank
well i sent the secratary for the shop a Private message on the local boards showing this thread and here was my response so i guess i my boy was right saying it was a cover up................

t me ask this when a shop does something like this is there any standing for the customer.............

__________________________________________________ ____________________

i dont want to get involved... but after reading the sf thread and saw this one statement, i would also get defensive.

R3RUN
What kind of 2J did you have? NA-US Spec: Gallo 24, or JDM 2jzgte?
Lol, fnf2 reference ftw.

Tank
04-16-2007, 01:52 AM
Originally Posted by Tank

__________________________________________________ ____________________

i dont want to get involved... but after reading the sf thread and saw this one statement, i would also get defensive.
stop right there, read where that post was made after i received a pm from mike blowing me off and telling me to pick up my car out of the blue, prior to that post no mention of shops or bashing was made. Also on a side note Mike answers the phone and handles reciepts and such so wouldnt he also be considered a secretary. not saying he dont work on cars but i always thought thats what they do. it wasnt said in disrespect it was said to clarify who i talked to without using names.

tank

also that pipe you needed i still have you can have it the guy never bought it

Tank
04-16-2007, 01:57 AM
Anyone else got about 5 more minutes ill entertain questions .............

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 17 (16 members and 1 guests)
Tank, HalfBaked, phongie19, boostboy97, fight club, RandomGuy, NevrNufTorq, Stormhammer, PhAtBoYMr2, PRiMAdonna, Himoto, St0lenR, ubers2k, bluuuurr, R.Kelly, teglover85

HalfBaked
04-16-2007, 01:59 AM
My bestfriend Mo "saiyogen on here" was with me....if it had of backfired or anything i would have known. however no sign other then it cutting off.........

NEITHER OF YA'LL KNOW SHIT.

YOU WOULDN'T HAVE KNOWN ANYTHING. YOU WERE PROBABLY CRUISING TALKING ABOUT HOW BADASS YOUR CAR WAS. WHEN IN REALITY YOUR SHIT IS WEAK ASS SON.

YOU LEFT MAINSTREAM WITH A SINGLE TURBO SUPRA MAKING LESS POWER THAN MY STOCK TURBO SR!!!

LOL!

HalfBaked
04-16-2007, 02:00 AM
Lol, fnf2 reference ftw.
I totally made the gallo 24 reference like a week ago...

Tank
04-16-2007, 02:01 AM
NEITHER OF YA'LL KNOW SHIT.

YOU WOULDN'T HAVE KNOWN ANYTHING. YOU WERE PROBABLY CRUISING TALKING ABOUT HOW BADASS YOUR CAR WAS. WHEN IN REALITY YOUR SHIT IS WEAK ASS SON.

YOU LEFT MAINSTREAM WITH A SINGLE TURBO SUPRA MAKING LESS POWER THAN MY STOCK TURBO SR!!!

LOL!
thats not a question,im not here to entertain your lil comments only to answer questions that concern the incident thats all............................................... ..anyone with a intelligent question or comment

tank

RandomGuy
04-16-2007, 02:01 AM
after my na blew.....i went with a NA block and head with TT internals, i also had a set of crower 270 cams installed in the head and all motor assesories was replaced, like water pump and such............

tankyeah NA block with the TT internals is a US spec gallo 22 motor

gallo 24 is TT block with TT internals

HalfBaked
04-16-2007, 02:03 AM
thats not a question,im not here to entertain your lil comments only to answer questions that concern the incident thats all............................................... ..anyone with a intelligent question or comment

tank
I didn't have to ask you a question Tank.

But if you think you're a baller go to your checking accounts website and take a screen shot and post up how much you got in there right now...

PROVE THAT MIKE IS WRONG ABOUT HOW YOU COULDN'T AFFORD TUNING.

fight club
04-16-2007, 02:04 AM
question: was mo in the car with you or driving behind you because it seems that alot of the posts mix it up?
in the supraforums you said you were out 3xxx dollars and a new block. how is used parts constituting a new block? if it was a real rebuild id say yes, like rebuilt with new parts. used parts are a NO NO for anything automotive.
did you not smell coolant? its hard to miss the smell.
more questions later.

GIXXERDK
04-16-2007, 02:06 AM
Theres 3 sides to every story, his side, tanks side and the TRUTH

Tank
04-16-2007, 02:06 AM
I didn't have to ask you a question Tank.

But if you think you're a baller go to your checking accounts website and take a screen shot and post up how much you got in there right now...

PROVE THAT MIKE IS WRONG ABOUT HOW YOU COULDN'T AFFORD TUNING.
this is the last ill entertain you, prove that he is right and that that 91 sentra was not tuned and not scheduled by charles the same day without mike or dave knowing it..................with that im done with you

tank

HalfBaked
04-16-2007, 02:07 AM
I had been at Mainstream back months ago and overheard Dave talking to Mike about when Tank was going to pay for the work on his car.

Instead of paying for the work on HIS OWN CAR TANK WAS BUYING RANDOM SHIT. He was wasting the little dollars he had on other things!

HalfBaked
04-16-2007, 02:09 AM
this is the last ill entertain you, prove that he is right and that that 91 sentra was not tuned and not scheduled by charles the same day without mike or dave knowing it..................with that im done with you

tank

What the fuck are you talking about? I don't drive a 91 sentra, I didn't have it tuned at Mainstream. However I could afford to have it tuned for more than 1 hour which is true. My car has spent more time on the dyno being tuned then your car spent time on the road driving!!! And I afforded it all too you poor ass bitch.

Sorry that you can't use food stamps for car parts!

Tank
04-16-2007, 02:09 AM
question: was mo in the car with you or driving behind you because it seems that alot of the posts mix it up?
in the supraforums you said you were out 3xxx dollars and a new block. how is used parts constituting a new block? if it was a real rebuild id say yes, like rebuilt with new parts. used parts are a NO NO for anything automotive.
did you not smell coolant? its hard to miss the smell.
more questions later.
GOOD QUESTIONS

1.no it wasnt a new block "my bad on termonolgy" i kept saying that all parts was used however they was inspected by Mainstream performance prior to any motor work being done

2.no there was no smell while i was driving on the highway once the car cut off is when i noticed what was going on

3. Mo rode in the car with me during the test drive after mike and dave test drove it, we noted that the car idle was not fixed and that the power steering line was leaking which i didnt know anything about til that day.

ill wait a lil while longer if you have more questions

tank

fight club
04-16-2007, 02:12 AM
1. what speed were you driving?
2. do you agree that your gauges are off in the car?
3. if yes to two, what RRM would that put you at while on the highway?

HalfBaked
04-16-2007, 02:14 AM
My question.

Why do you lie and act like a badass on the internet?

boostboy97
04-16-2007, 02:15 AM
damn.. $3600.. my boy at toyota gets new TT shortblocks for$2500.. id go for more reliability if i were you . seems like your short on luck on the performance side

R3RUN
04-16-2007, 02:16 AM
I totally made the gallo 24 reference like a week ago...
Sorry, didnt see it I guess. Don't do as much reading as I used to.

GGPIS3
04-16-2007, 02:17 AM
eh.. like i said.. i dont want to get involved. i will say this though....

mike is alot of things, but i dont think he is a liar or a cover up artist. although when he feels as though he is being attacked, he will get very angry and defensive, as many people do. after a little time, he becomes rational again. but overall, he has a good head on his shoulders and does what he feels is right in terms of moral obligation.

on the other hand... tank

the way people word things have a direct effect on how people will respond. i've noticed you do have a tendency to word things in a manner that could be somewhat offensive whether it being true or not doesn't make it right. if you have lost your mother-in-law, which i doubt you would lie about, you should know better than to bother mike with car shit whether you are a customer or not. if mike chose to not acknowledge your existense when is he off, that is his perogative even if he is acknowledging other customers.

either way.... he is going through some tough shit and the last thing on his mind is your car. you have to understand when people are going through traumatic events in their life, it is quite normal for people to have outbreaks and do things they don't normally do...

i've talked to mike several times about your car and have gone to bat for you many times. i try to help mike look at the situation, not only from a business standpoint, but also from the customer. i too have been in unfortunate circumstances regarding my car and certains shops so i know how it feels.

if your only reason was truly just to speculate the problem with the car.... i dont see how it turned into this if you had chosen your words wisely.

there is one word that comes to mind. TACT.

it can make or break a situation.

HalfBaked
04-16-2007, 02:20 AM
Sorry, didnt see it I guess. Don't do as much reading as I used to.
It was way better. The guy thought it was a real motor choice for his car and asked where he could find more info on it. At that time I sent him to the tubgirl website.

HalfBaked
04-16-2007, 02:20 AM
I'm awaiting replies from Tank...

I doubt he will reply tho.

His internet was probably shut off because he couldn't afford it.

Tank
04-16-2007, 02:21 AM
1. what speed were you driving?
2. do you agree that your gauges are off in the car?
3. if yes to two, what RRM would that put you at while on the highway?
1. my speedometer doesnt work because of the transmission im running i would need some part for the GM tranny to work on the toyota cluster

2. well yeah maybe a lil bit ive never accually took notice before now, yet another reason i didnt argue with mainstream on there first reason of why the car overheated

3. i know i never went over 4k i was in the slow lane and i wasnt really trying to go back to work so fast lol but to answer your question never over 4k

thanks for your questions

tank

Frög
04-16-2007, 02:22 AM
id hate to be in tank's situation.. he is $3+k out and never blamed the shop or gave negative publicity.. why all this?

Tank
damn.. $3600.. my boy at toyota gets new TT shortblocks for$2500.. id go for more reliability if i were you . seems like your short on luck on the performance side
yep im sticking with stock tt setup now maybe small single down the road or once im settled in japan, thanks for the comment

tank

HalfBaked
Why was Mo with you if you were going to work?

Tank
04-16-2007, 02:24 AM
eh.. like i said.. i dont want to get involved. i will say this though....

mike is alot of things, but i dont think he is a liar or a cover up artist. although when he feels as though he is being attacked, he will get very angry and defensive, as many people do. after a little time, he becomes rational again. but overall, he has a good head on his shoulders and does what he feels is right in terms of moral obligation.

on the other hand... tank

the way people word things have a direct effect on how people will respond. i've noticed you do have a tendency to word things in a manner that could be somewhat offensive whether it being true or not doesn't make it right. if you have lost your mother-in-law, which i doubt you would lie about, you should know better than to bother mike with car shit whether you are a customer or not. if mike chose to not acknowledge your existense when is he off, that is his perogative even if he is acknowledging other customers.

either way.... he is going through some tough shit and the last thing on his mind is your car. you have to understand when people are going through traumatic events in their life, it is quite normal for people to have outbreaks and do things they don't normally do...

i've talked to mike several times about your car and have gone to bat for you many times. i try to help mike look at the situation, not only from a business standpoint, but also from the customer. i too have been in unfortunate circumstances regarding my car and certains shops so i know how it feels.

if your only reason was truly just to speculate the problem with the car.... i dont see how it turned into this if you had chosen your words wisely.

there is one word that comes to mind. TACT.

it can make or break a situation.

Good points and your correct i should have waited on the PM's but it was urgent and i did try to contact him during work hours at his job on saturday. But your correct very good points dan thanks

tank

Tank
04-16-2007, 02:27 AM
id hate to be in tank's situation.. he is $3+k out and never blamed the shop or gave negative publicity.. why all this?
well let me give ya a lil background man

Topspeed 5600 bucks for that whole incident

Mainstream 3600 bucks for this incident

Me=motorless supra so your correct it sucks even though i never blamed or bashed anyone/shop. My only hope is Mike calms down and maybe understands one day that i had no intention of bashing Mainstream performance

tank

R3RUN
It was way better. The guy thought it was a real motor choice for his car and asked where he could find more info on it. At that time I sent him to the tubgirl website.
Oh shit, thats pretty good. I might have to rep for that.

gtikid
:lmfao: @ Tank having yet ANOTHER blown up motor :lmfao:

Man you go from shop to shop blowing shit up and then blaming it on them...i'll be surprised if you ever get another shop to do anything for you, b/c we all sure as hell know you can't do anything for yourself. And then you try to get on forums and act all polite and educated to try and get on peoples good sides and seem "innocent", like if YOU were the VICTIM :rolleyes:

:slap:

HalfBaked
04-16-2007, 02:29 AM
Oh shit, thats pretty good. I might have to rep for that.
http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/showthread.php?t=113755&highlight=gallo

xLSTONEx
04-16-2007, 02:29 AM
damn, and I thought Rens supra was bad!

hahahaha

ct9a gsr
04-16-2007, 02:30 AM

Me=motorless supra so your correct it sucks even though i never blamed or bashed anyone/shop. My only hope is Mike calms down and maybe understands one day that i had no intention of bashing Mainstream performance

tank

so far

ISP performance -------couldnt install a b20vtec properly

Topspeed----could not install a na-t kit and tune it

Mainstream Performance---overheated brand new block

hopefully ill have my supra up within the next few months

thanks for your time again

The more I look back on other posts, the more I find it true that people say you're a compulsive liar.

Tank
04-16-2007, 02:32 AM
:lmfao: @ Tank having yet ANOTHER blown up motor :lmfao:

Man you go from shop to shop blowing shit up and then blaming it on them...i'll be surprised if you ever get another shop to do anything for you, b/c we all sure as hell know you can't do anything for yourself. And then you try to get on forums and act all polite and educated to try and get on peoples good sides and seem "innocent", like if YOU were the VICTIM :rolleyes:

:slap:
again another useless post, i dont care if you think im innocent or not. My reason for evening posting in this thread was to answer questions and move on. If you choose to feel a certain way fine, if your angry fine, wont make me lose sleep at night. however i will make it clear that i never blamed anyone for anything matter a fact i had a meeting wedsday in person with mike and dave and told them in person i didnt blame them. i have no knowledge to blame them for anything. matter a fact i still even in this thread havent blamed them nor did i on supraforums. so to conclude with you, your post is irrelevant and useless............if i wanted sympathy or people to side with me i would have made a thread on IA out right bashing mainstream perfomance, not made a post asking a question then PM Mike to check it out and tell me more about the thermastat................so in short im done with you also

tank

HalfBaked
04-16-2007, 02:32 AM
I CALLED ALL THIS MONTHS AGO!!!

JESUS CHRIST. I really wish people would listen to me.

Frög
04-16-2007, 02:33 AM

tank

god damn, id be pointing fingers and killing ____ers..

HalfBaked
04-16-2007, 02:34 AM
TALK SHIT ABOUT TANK AND GET POSITIVE REPS!

Tank
04-16-2007, 02:34 AM
The more I look back on other posts, the more I find it true that people say you're a compulsive liar.
and the more you post without looking past your own anger the worst its getting, my b20 did blow up who built it ISP, my na-t setup blew up who did it Topspeed, and my new motor overheated it and who rebuilt it Mainstream. no lies or bashing just facts....................so you to, til you can calm down ill let be.............

tank

Tank
04-16-2007, 02:35 AM
lol its happens man you live you learn ill know better next time though

gtikid
04-16-2007, 02:36 AM
again another useless post, i dont care if you think im innocent or not. My reason for evening posting in this thread was to answer questions and move on. If you choose to feel a certain way fine, if your angry fine, wont make me lose sleep at night. however i will make it clear that i never blamed anyone for anything matter a fact i had a meeting wedsday in person with mike and dave and told them in person i didnt blame them. i have no knowledge to blame them for anything. matter a fact i still even in this thread havent blamed them nor did i on supraforums. so to conclude with you, your post is irrelevant and useless............if i wanted sympathy or people to side with me i would have made a thread on IA out right bashing mainstream perfomance, not made a post asking a question then PM Mike to check it out and tell me more about the thermastat................so in short im done with you also

tank

Your also done with getting any work done on your car around here :lmfao:

Hey your motor blowing up doesn't bother me one bit. I could give 2 shits less about your incompetency. It won't bother my sleep at all ;) Ok, I lied, i'll have a harder time sleeping now, b/c i'll probably stay up laughing at you for blowing up another motor.

And now your out a lot of $$ and anywhere to get work done, hope you have fun sleeping :lmfao:

Oh, and your not trying to bash any shop, right? :rolleyes: :jerkit: All you gotta do is check Charles' post RIGHT ABOVE YOURS :slap:

HalfBaked
04-16-2007, 02:36 AM
and the more you post without looking past your own anger the worst its getting, my b20 did blow up who built it ISP, my na-t setup blew up who did it Topspeed, and my new motor overheated it and who rebuilt it Mainstream. no lies or bashing just facts....................so you to, til you can calm down ill let be.............

tank
MAYBE IF YOU WEREN'T A FUCKING RETARD YOU WOULDN'T BLOW SHIT UP.

IT DOESN'T MATTER WHO BUILDS YOUR MOTOR, IF YOU DRIVE YOUR CAR STUPID IT WILL BLOW UP!

FACE IT YOU DON'T KNOW SHIT ABOUT CARS AND SHOULD JUST BUY AN SUV TO DRIVE AROUND YOUR NEW FAMILY. I HOPE FOR YOUR CHILDS SAKE YOU KNOW MORE ABOUT RAISING A KID THAN DRIVING A CAR!

gtikid
04-16-2007, 02:38 AM
MAYBE IF YOU WEREN'T A FUCKING RETARD YOU WOULDN'T BLOW SHIT UP.

IT DOESN'T MATTER WHO BUILDS YOUR MOTOR, IF YOU DRIVE YOUR CAR STUPID IT WILL BLOW UP!

FACE IT YOU DON'T KNOW SHIT ABOUT CARS AND SHOULD JUST BUY AN SUV TO DRIVE AROUND YOUR NEW FAMILY. I HOPE FOR YOUR CHILDS SAKE YOU KNOW MORE ABOUT RAISING A KID THAN DRIVING A CAR!

No he'll probably just drop them off and KinderCare or KidsRkids, and then blame them for being fuck-ups....:D

GGPIS3
04-16-2007, 02:38 AM
one other thing tank....

and im sure you're starting to learn this through experience...

building a race car isn't as easy as 1 2 3... you can't just buy parts and expect everything to be perfect. especially working on a 10+ year old car, things are going to come up unexpectedly... shit, my lex is only 5 years old with only 60,000 miles and i run into issues on a daily basis and its not even on the road.

i know you've dumped alot of money into this car and all you want to do is enjoy it! sometimes you gotta just have a little more patience... just to make sure. if you know you need some parts that will make the car run better and safer, why not just let it sit and wait a little longer just so you can have that piece of mind?

also... get your gauges fixed. and learn how to take care of your motor and car overall. you need to know whats goin on with the motor in order to prevent blowing it up. you need to have working gauges in order to monitor the motor so that when something doesn't look right, even if you know nothing about cars, you at least pull over to inspect.

one of the first things i did when starting my boost project was asking questions like, what is the proper a/f ratio in boost, out of boost..what are my egts supposed to read and how high should they go.. what is too hot what is normal? what should my oil pressure be at? etc etc...

there are sooooo many questions to be asked and sooooo much to learn when owning a turbo car. one little mistake can cost you a motor...a tranny... etc.. it could be a matter of seconds..

i hope yall can work everything out... if not, good luck with the car...

Tank
04-16-2007, 02:44 AM
Conclusion:

As i stated before, i made the thread on supra forums looking for information and specifically posted "I WAS NOT BLAMING THE SHOP" however Mike took it upon himself to get defensive which i dont understand. i pm'd mike right after i made the thread asking him about the thermostat telling him hey hit me back ive been trying to contact you yesterday and today. Yes i knew about mikes loss and im very sorry for him however i thought i could contact him during his work hours at work for a urgent question. The question you might be asking?, well i had found a long block and tranny and wanted to make sure it was cool to buy. why was it urgent cause the guy had others in line to buy it and needed a response asap. so i bought it since i never got a response. I would like to apologize but i dont see where i did anything wrong so i wont. I will say i have no issues with Mainstream Performance nor mike i really wanted to ask a question on a forum. I am disappointed that Mike responded the way he did, and i think it was uncalled for. As for the questions thanks for the inquiries, and comments thank you also. I will also say this i didnt post in this thread for people to side with me or bash anyone or shop i posted to answer questions relevant to this issue only. Not once in this thread have i bashed mainstream performance regardless to some of the childish and immature repsonses that was not relevant to this issue. again thanks for your time and hopefully ill have my supra up and running correctly within the near future. with that im out of this thread from this point on.........

Tank

ct9a gsr
04-16-2007, 02:46 AM
Heh, I'm not angry too much anymore tank... I'm too busy LOL'n at all the times you hyped yourself up in the kills forum... how you're gonna be only racing Clark cause everyone else is too slow... how so many ppl aren't worth your gas/time... how you changed your name to God... how you mentioned DavidH's name a billion times and how his car runs low ETs so yours will do the exact same... but look at you now. LOL, even the people on the Japanese forums don't like you and can smell through your bullshit... "sponsored by mainstream", LOL.

Tank
Conclusion:

As i stated before, i made the thread on supra forums looking for information and specifically posted "I WAS NOT BLAMING THE SHOP" however Mike took it upon himself to get defensive which i dont understand. i pm'd mike right after i made the thread asking him about the thermostat telling him hey hit me back ive been trying to contact you yesterday and today. Yes i knew about mikes loss and im very sorry for him however i thought i could contact him during his work hours at work for a urgent question. The question you might be asking?, well i had found a long block and tranny and wanted to make sure it was cool to buy. why was it urgent cause the guy had others in line to buy it and needed a response asap. so i bought it since i never got a response. I would like to apologize but i dont see where i did anything wrong so i wont. I will say i have no issues with Mainstream Performance nor mike i really wanted to ask a question on a forum. I am disappointed that Mike responded the way he did, and i think it was uncalled for. As for the questions thanks for the inquiries, and comments thank you also. I will also say this i didnt post in this thread for people to side with me or bash anyone or shop i posted to answer questions relevant to this issue only. Not once in this thread have i bashed mainstream performance regardless to some of the childish and immature repsonses that was not relevant to this issue. again thanks for your time and hopefully ill have my supra up and running correctly within the near future. with that im out of this thread from this point on.........

Tank

QUOTED FOR TRUTH

............thanks dan will do and i hope for the same............

later

tank

GGPIS3
oh and just out of curiousity... why did you have a 22 lb wastegate spring with NA internals?????

without knowing anything else... i would say that would be the reason why you blew up your last motor. on NA internals, i wouldn't go past 17 lbs and thats pushing it. the only people i know who run 22-23 psi are those with gte internals using meth on pump.

R3RUN
04-16-2007, 02:47 AM
http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/showthread.php?t=113755&highlight=gallo
You sir have been repped.

ct9a gsr
04-16-2007, 02:49 AM
oh and just out of curiousity... why did you have a 22 lb wastegate spring with NA internals?????

without knowing anything else... i would say that would be the reason why you blew up your last motor. on NA internals, i wouldn't go past 17 lbs and thats pushing it. the only people i know who run 22-23 psi are those with gte internals using meth on pump.

Tank probably picked up the wastegate and went, "what liars... this thing doesn't weigh 22lbs! TS blew up my car!!!!one1!!!"

gtikid
04-16-2007, 02:50 AM
Tank probably picked up the wastegate and went, "what liars... this thing doesn't weigh 22lbs! TS blew up my car!!!!one1!!!"

:lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:...

GGPIS3
04-16-2007, 02:52 AM

lirl... that was actually funny

TIGERJC
04-16-2007, 02:53 AM
Like I said from the start, do the damn 2jz TT swap. That would have said you so much time and money

xLSTONEx
04-16-2007, 02:54 AM
Damn Tank, Mike and I have had our differences but he has worked on one of my cars and has always done his work as quickly and the best quality his shop could do. I still fully trust him to this day for anyone one of my future cars if it needed tuning or other work done. I feel confident in saying that you are a douchebag and you have no idea what the fuck you are talking about, you are white trash, you need to stop running your mouth and talking shit because you have been caught in multiple lies.

Oh and BTW, when mike got done putting a radiator in my car and gave it back to me before tuned he told me specifically, "Make sure you don't get on it." AND GUESS WHAT, I FUCKING DIDN'T, AND THATS WHY IT STILL RUNS! AND IT WAS A 2JZGTE AS WELL! So I know he is looking out for the best intrest in your car before it is ready to leave his shop.

GGPIS3
04-16-2007, 02:58 AM
you are white trash

LOL.. he aint white

xLSTONEx
04-16-2007, 03:02 AM
LOL.. he aint white
LOL, you get the point!

PSINXS
04-16-2007, 03:07 AM
i had heard discrediting information on tank before from some reliable sources, and i believed them when i heard it. not a doubt in my mind.

i guess that means he wont race collins. ..was that car an auto?
th350

AnclyT
04-16-2007, 03:20 AM
even if a motor is built correctly, there is no guarantee with boost/high performance cars

i dont want to get into this..

but don't hate the player, hate the game... shit, i do... LOL

2.3 Evo 8
04-16-2007, 03:39 AM
Tank, I don't know who's fault this was but from the outside looking in.... It sure sounds fishy. How could you not smell coolant? It has a very distinct smell to it.

Also, blowing up a motor doesn't necessarily fall on the person's shoulders that built it. I could jump in a fully built car and blow the motor. Does that mean it is the fault of the builder?

Knowledge is your biggest enemy right now, or therefor lack of. I would do a shit load of research on the Supra and then try rebuilding it again. I did research on the Evo forums for about 2 years before I even bought the car and started building it.

Don't expect it to happen over night either. Building a high horsepower car takes time

1. my speedometer doesnt work because of the transmission im running i would need some part for the GM tranny to work on the toyota cluster

So, let me understand this a little better.

1. Speedometer doesn't work?

2. Temperature gauge doesn't work?

3. RPM gauge is off by as much as 1500 rpms?

4. Tranny doesn't won't allow it to go over 119mph?

5. Limited by the gear?

I'm not taking sides, but it sounds like you were too stuck on buying parts to make your car "go fast" rather than buy the parts to fix it and monitor it.

Sinking all that money into a car without being able to monitor things like temp, rpms, and egt's is dangerous. Thats just asking for trouble.

Hell, I don't even trust the stock temperature gauge as they can be off as much as 60 degrees. I learned my lesson in a previous car when the stock gauge read everything was normal, but the aftermarket gauge read it was running too hot.

..and as far as the funny as remarks in this thread. :lmfao: I almost peed myself.

yerrow
04-16-2007, 05:17 AM

halfway there

The Ren
04-16-2007, 06:26 AM
damn, and I thought Rens supra was bad!

hahahaha

hey hey dont bring my car into this.. I know its a peice right now..Shit ive spent too much money trying to fix what the previous owner left me with... Ask Dan, Brandon, or Tracy.. they know how much ive put into it and all the problems ive had.. Im still dealing with problems.. but since I really dont have the money to fix it, it will sit in my garage until I do and I will continue to drive my daily...

SL33P3R
04-16-2007, 07:06 AM
I sold tank that motor, its kinda funny it blew up

KARMA CAME AND BIT YOU IN THE ASS TANK!! Hhahahhahahaha

Maniaç
04-16-2007, 07:12 AM
i can't believe i read the whole thread....

IndianStig
04-16-2007, 07:31 AM
very good points andvery nice supra you own also, however i bought a gs400 rear end geard at 3.26 versus the na auto rear end at 3.77, how do i knwo this lil information i researched it. But i would have had it changed however there schedule was booked up. since you was there you witnessed teh idle issue they was having and saw my witness there. but i asked mike and dave if there would be any issues and i got "no as long as you dont touch the boost controller your fine" so liek anyone else who picks up there car from a shop i was confident in the work done and left. however you make good points, but remember this is the same tranny i drove from Topspeed with aith the na auto rear and never before has the first motor overheated and i had the car for 2 weeks. in those 2 weeks i drove from home to work on the setup. i live in stockbridge but i work in east point "army" so if it was teh tranny id figure i would have seen this problem before you know..........but thanks for your comments

tank

how can you tell it never ran hot w/o a working temp gauge??? :thinking: lol had to ask

RandomGuy
04-16-2007, 07:48 AM
god damn, id be pointing fingers and killing NIGGers..wtf

AnthonyF
04-16-2007, 07:52 AM
i remeber when he said he claimed 500hp but i found out the truth that is was only making 2XX. he raced me that night also...so I can vouch (sp) that he was driving the car hard on a base tune. I knew he didn't know much about cars, which you should never make fun of for that..unless they act like a know-it-nothing. But i do remember all those things Mike. When he bashed TopSpeed and the MS.

we say the same things to our customers as you did. Trying to help them out and do it the CORRECT way.

Seymour222
04-16-2007, 07:55 AM
Great pooping material. Better than the paper.

RandomGuy
04-16-2007, 08:46 AM
bump

[/LOL]

SL33P3R
04-16-2007, 08:51 AM
I think tank may of ran out of excuses

1000cckiller
04-16-2007, 08:52 AM
Sorry Mike for you family loss, and Tank for the loss of your car.

Now on the case at hand, you know it gets me when people try to come on here and bash others and talk shit which half of, or I can say all of ya'll wont talk shit to tank out in person. Second I have been over all of the pm's between both parties and stuff could seem fishy on both sides, not just one. So the only ones who knows the whole story would be Mike and Tank so if you dont have positive shit to say STFU. Next Tank didnt bash Mike or MAinstream he went on Supra forums to ask a simple question and he got answers from some people on the board. He didnt say shit bad about them. Mike you know I have never had a problem with you, but to all these nut swingers who are riding you nuts you need to straighten them out because you know he didnt bash you or your shop. Yeah he might have pm'ed you too much over the weekend but thats because, you webpage shows you being open on saturdays but no one was answering the phone. So case in point he thought you were ducking him. Now because of this post the bashing has started. Half of you motherfuckers get your info from word of mouth which from one person to the next is fuckin twisted.

But lets not get anything drawn out of conclusion every SOB on this board has done some stupid shit Tank, Mike, Me, Charles, Nightrider, and so on so dont act like nothing has happened to any of ya'll before. So now the same people who are bashing Tank for his cred now are the bitches that come on here and talk shit but when you are out in person wont say a fuckin word and try to act so cool.

Now NevrNufTorg= no car except for maybe a s2000 can stay at 5000rpms, ha wtf are you somking um.............. Rx7, Evo, Civis........I can keep naming....

Ct9aGSr.... Man charles lets not talk about shop bashing, you were one of the main people trying to bash Batlground and then on top of trying to bash themyou were trying to get them to sponsor you......... You are a fucking Jackass. And you have this little sense of sarcasim that just gets on my fuckin nerves.

XlstonEx= that whit trash comment wasnt funny, it was actually pretty fuckin crackerish if you et what that means, my bestfriend is white but dont try to make a side joke related to race some will take that wrong, and you would suffer the outcome.

Sl33P3R..... finally the last one..... Aint you thelittle crybaby dude that got kicked out of PMS because you were that a crybaby. Didnt you use to always have words with tank so your post dont mean shit, from what I am concerned you might have sold him a shitty block because to dont like him, its his fault for buying that shit from you anyway. But as I remember you are a spoiled brat and you parents pay for everything.

Now I f anyone has anything to say I dont care.But dont bash people when you dont know the whole story only Tank And Mike knows the truth. If you got something to say to me come say to my face when I am out dont be a bitch an type behind the computer.

bigdare23
04-16-2007, 08:53 AM
I sold tank that motor, its kinda funny it blew up

KARMA CAME AND BIT YOU IN THE ASS TANK!! Hhahahhahahaha

:thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

1000cckiller
04-16-2007, 08:54 AM
:thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking:exactly +1

SL33P3R
04-16-2007, 08:56 AM
I just think its funny, me and tank have always had problems with each other, never seen eye to eye

I helped him out and sold him this motor for CHEAP (nothing wrong with it, Mainstream inspected)

and then it ended up blowing up

But i think after the endless shit talking and lieing tank does, he may of deserved this

going the cheap way on everything (used pistons, rods, crank) is never the best way

if tank is such a baller and can buy tv's and nitrous kits, he couldve bought pistons and rods

bigdare23
04-16-2007, 08:56 AM
Sorry Mike for you family loss, and Tank for the loss of your car.

Now on the case at hand, you know it gets me when people try to come on here and bash others and talk shit which half of, or I can say all of ya'll wont talk shit to tank out in person. Second I have been over all of the pm's between both parties and stuff could seem fishy on both sides, not just one. So the only ones who knows the whole story would be Mike and Tank so if you dont have positive shit to say STFU. Next Tank didnt bash Mike or MAinstream he went on Supra forums to ask a simple question and he got answers from some people on the board. He didnt say shit bad about them. Mike you know I have never had a problem with you, but to all these nut swingers who are riding you nuts you need to straighten them out because you know he didnt bash you or your shop. Yeah he might have pm'ed you too much over the weekend but thats because, you webpage shows you being open on saturdays but no one was answering the phone. So case in point he thought you were ducking him. Now because of this post the bashing has started. Half of you motherfuckers get your info from word of mouth which from one person to the next is fuckin twisted.

But lets not get anything drawn out of conclusion every SOB on this board has done some stupid shit Tank, Mike, Me, Charles, Nightrider, and so on so dont act like nothing has happened to any of ya'll before. So now the same people who are bashing Tank for his cred now are the bitches that come on here and talk shit but when you are out in person wont say a fuckin word and try to act so cool.

Now NevrNufTorg= no car except for maybe a s2000 can stay at 5000rpms, ha wtf are you somking um.............. Rx7, Evo, Civis........I can keep naming....

Ct9aGSr.... Man charles lets not talk about shop bashing, you were one of the main people trying to bash Batlground and then on top of trying to bash themyou were trying to get them to sponsor you......... You are a fucking Jackass. And you have this little sense of sarcasim that just gets on my fuckin nerves.

XlstonEx= that whit trash comment wasnt funny, it was actually pretty fuckin crackerish if you et what that means, my bestfriend is white but dont try to make a side joke related to race some will take that wrong, and you would suffer the outcome.

Sl33P3R..... finally the last one..... Aint you thelittle crybaby dude that got kicked out of PMS because you were that a crybaby. Didnt you use to always have words with tank so your post dont mean shit, from what I am concerned you might have sold him a shitty block because to dont like him, its his fault for buying that shit from you anyway. But as I remember you are a spoiled brat and you parents pay for everything.

Now I f anyone has anything to say I dont care.But dont bash people when you dont know the whole story only Tank And Mike knows the truth. If you got something to say to me come say to my face when I am out dont be a bitch an type behind the computer.

well put! +1

SL33P3R
04-16-2007, 08:59 AM
And no, Im not swinging off mikes nuts

My dad (im not lieing) has spent alot of money at mainstream and all i have gotten back is quality work and in a quick fashion. Tank just doesnt want to take responsibilty that he doesnt know anything about cars and spent his money on what he thought was a "street car" and ended up blowing it up

bigdare23
04-16-2007, 08:59 AM
I just think its funny, me and tank have always had problems with each other, never seen eye to eye

I helped him out and sold him this motor for CHEAP (nothing wrong with it, Mainstream inspected)

But i think after the endless shit talking and lieing tank does, he may of deserved this

going the cheap way on everything (used pistons, rods, crank) is never the best way

if tank is such a baller and can buy tv's and nitrous kits, he couldve bought pistons and rods

did you pay for everything on your car?

last time i check a teenager couldnt afford the shit you had on your car. shit I worked 3 jobs during my junior and senior year and couldnt afford that shit. you must be a balla :goodjob:

bigdare23
04-16-2007, 09:00 AM
And no, Im not swinging off mikes nuts

My dad (im not lieing) has spent alot of money at mainstream and all i have gotten back is quality work and in a quick fashion. Tank just doesnt want to take responsibilty that he doesnt know anything about cars and spent his money on what he thought was a "street car" and ended up blowing it up

but you have the nerves to talk about tank :lmfao:

SL33P3R
I didnt say i paid for everything on my car, or anything at all ;)

1000cckiller

if tank is such a baller and can buy tv's and nitrous kits, he couldve bought pistons and rodsThat the stupid shit I am talking about, when did tank tell you he bought a Tv, Key word You. Because I talk to Tank on a regular and he hasnt bought a Tv. Hear it from his mouth then speak on it. He did buy a nitrous kit though, but it doesnt have shit to do with the car.

SL33P3R
04-16-2007, 09:01 AM
I do have the nerves to talk about tank. He lies about everything and doesnt want to take responsibility for his own problems

I mean ive gotten IMs from tank saying "I just bought some cams, what do cams do?"

1000cckiller
04-16-2007, 09:01 AM
but you have the nerves to talk about tank :lmfao:Exactly +1 man I like you keep it coming

1000cckiller
04-16-2007, 09:02 AM
I do have the nerves to talk about tank. He lies about everything and doesnt want to take responsibility for his own problems

I mean ive gotten IMs from tank saying "I just bought some cams, what do cams do?"well lets see this so called pm

bigdare23
04-16-2007, 09:02 AM
sorry if I seem like I'm picking on ya sl33p3r, but some people that posted really have no place to post. Tank can be an ass/cocky on here but that does not mean he should get bashed when his car goes down (after putting alot of cheese into it). Just my 2 cents

God
04-16-2007, 09:04 AM
drama.
i expect nothing less from IA

SL33P3R
04-16-2007, 09:05 AM
stikiller- I said IM. I dont save my IMs. Im sure Tank remember that, but he will probaly think of an excuse or lie about it like normal

Bigdare- I know your not picking on me. the only reason i posted in here is because i know tank relatively well. I have dont business with him a couple times. and obviously im not the only one who notices that he knows NOTHING about what hes buying. and when he blows it up, BOOM he has no idea why and then starts pointing fingers, and doesnt take responsibilty for buying fast and furious gauges and them being 1200RPMS off

SL33P3R
04-16-2007, 09:06 AM
And bigdare, the only reason he is getting bashed that his supra is blown up, is because he automatically started pointing fingers, and that pissed mainstream off im sure. Mainstream goes out of their way to help customers ALL THE TIME, and i can vouch for that

1000cckiller
04-16-2007, 09:07 AM
Man we need to go out and have some drinks bigdare23, Man we would have a ball. But yeah when you put 2k+ money in you car you expect everything to be right. and also you expect if something is wrong or a shop thinks something might go wrong they would warn you about it. Batlground warnrd me about stuff from the get go and after I left they shop with my car.

RandomGuy
04-16-2007, 09:07 AM
post 65 sums up the entire thread:

http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/showpost.php?p=35636034&postcount=65

81911SC
04-16-2007, 09:09 AM
post 65 sums up the entire thread:

http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/showpost.php?p=35636034&postcount=65

It really does

SL33P3R
04-16-2007, 09:09 AM
2k is nothing into a supra. That will get you a fuel setup with a supra

2k is NOTHING into modding a car

1000cckiller
04-16-2007, 09:11 AM
And bigdare, the only reason he is getting bashed that his supra is blown up, is because he automatically started pointing fingers, and that pissed mainstream off im sure. Mainstream goes out of their way to help customers ALL THE TIME, and i can vouch for thatSmart guy to to Supra forums since you are so smart, he didnt point any fingers. He asked a simple question, and didnt even mention the shops name at first.

bigdare23
04-16-2007, 09:11 AM
Man we need to go out and have some drinks bigdare23, Man we would have a ball. But yeah when you put 2k+ money in you car you expect everything to be right. and also you expect if something is wrong or a shop thinks something might go wrong they would warn you about it. Batlground warnrd me about stuff from the get go and after I left they shop with my car.

check pm :goodjob:

1000cckiller
04-16-2007, 09:12 AM
And bigdare, the only reason he is getting bashed that his supra is blown up, is because he automatically started pointing fingers, and that pissed mainstream off im sure. Mainstream goes out of their way to help customers ALL THE TIME, and i can vouch for thatSmart guy go to Supra forums since you are so smart, he didnt point any fingers. He asked a simple question, and didnt even mention the shops name at first.

SL33P3R
04-16-2007, 09:16 AM
Somewhere in this thread he named all the shops hes taken his car to and what "according to him, they did wrong"

something like

topspeed- didnt know how to install transmission
Mainstream- rebuilt motor, then blew up

Ill find it, i saw it earlier this morning.

RandomGuy
04-16-2007, 09:17 AM
2k is nothing into a supra. That will get you a fuel setup with a supra

2k is NOTHING into modding a car

Easy to say when your parents pay for your shit :) Seriously thats some Nick Hogan type shit.

2K on a DSM or a 5.0 will pwn

if he did his own shit 3600k = one fast 2J

SL33P3R
04-16-2007, 09:19 AM
Well im just saying, with all the money my dad has put into my car, I know 2k can be spent in no time. I hate that everyone has the impression that im some spoiled ass brat. lol, ask mike, my dad has yelled at me at mainstream to stop changing shit on my car because he is sick of spending money on it.

my dad DEFF doesnt like spending money on my car, thats for sure hahah, i think hes goign broke

SL33P3R
04-16-2007, 09:20 AM
$3600 dollars isnt alot in a supra. If you go with top of the line stuff

3600 even if you do your own stuff, is a nice fuel setup and AEM EMS

$3600 BOOM right there

then another 4k (or more) for a really nice single setup

bigdare23
04-16-2007, 09:20 AM
I'm lose of words.................... LOL

SL33P3R please stop posting, because you are making yourself look worst and worst.

1000cckiller
04-16-2007, 09:21 AM
Well im just saying, with all the money my dad has put into my car, I know 2k can be spent in no time. I hate that everyone has the impression that im some spoiled ass brat. lol, ask mike, my dad has yelled at me at mainstream to stop changing shit on my car because he is sick of spending money on it.

my dad DEFF doesnt like spending money on my car, thats for sure hahah, i think hes goign brokeThat makes you ass aspoiled little bitch.

81911SC
04-16-2007, 09:22 AM

SL33P3R please stop posting, because you are making yourself look worst and worst.
+1 for worst and worst

1000cckiller
04-16-2007, 09:22 AM

SL33P3R please stop posting, because you are making yourself look worst and worst.please he is making all of us dumber

bigdare23
04-16-2007, 09:23 AM
+1 for worst and worst

hahahaha it's beyond worse and worse :lmfao:

bigdare23
04-16-2007, 09:24 AM
I'm out guys, because I'm loose'n it LOL.

RandomGuy
04-16-2007, 09:25 AM
I hate that everyone has the impression that im some spoiled ass brat. lol, ask mike, my dad has yelled at me at mainstream to stop changing shit on my car because he is sick of spending money on it.

OMG LMAO

Oh with that said in your defense, you're clearly not spoiled.

Thats where everyone else's parents would be like "wtf is mainstream, wal mart oil change is all we can do for you, get a job." Even if you're 16 or 17, i worked my ass off and bought my own car at 16

SL33P3R
04-16-2007, 09:28 AM
Im stating facts. Im saying honestly, $3600 isn't NOTHING into a supra. Go on supraforums and tell them you want a 800WHP supra and your budget is $3600. they will laugh.

Parts for supras arent cheap

Echonova
04-16-2007, 09:28 AM