PDA

View Full Version : Which to Build ?

bafbrian
03-21-2007, 08:45 PM
Here's the situation. I am looking for build up one of the motors I have and can't really decide which one to go with: either a d16z6 or jdm b18c.

The d16z6 is currently in my car and the b18c is just a bare block(took out the internals).

I have the budget to build the b18 or rebuild and turbo the d16. I just can't seem to decide. One way or another, I will sell the other as a way to help pay for parts.

Also, I am looking for a good shop around the atlanta area that is familiart with honda/acura motors.

Thanks for the recommendations.

bigdare23
03-21-2007, 08:53 PM
Here's the situation. I am looking for build up one of the motors I have and can't really decide which one to go with: either a d16z6 or jdm b18c.

The d16z6 is currently in my car and the b18c is just a bare block(took out the internals).

I have the budget to build the b18 or rebuild and turbo the d16. I just can't seem to decide. One way or another, I will sell the other as a way to help pay for parts.

Also, I am looking for a good shop around the atlanta area that is familiart with honda/acura motors.

Thanks for the recommendations.

built turbo D

Turbodude06
03-21-2007, 10:37 PM
^^^ yea thats just cooler....

Hektik
03-21-2007, 10:54 PM
i say if u have the money and the means to build the b-series engine. go with that . you will get plenty of power out of a turboed d but im not to sure on the reliability of the engine at that point. im sure u can build a reliable bosted-d but to run the same numbers as a boosted-b the reliability might be lower.... now this is all my own understandings so im sure others will chime in and corret me if im wrong...

UPMotorsport
03-21-2007, 11:24 PM
For whatever way you go, take your car to Mainstream. They are the best honda/acura guys around. shit, any type of car, they can do it