Thread: Which to Build ?

Default Which to Build ?

Here's the situation. I am looking for build up one of the motors I have and can't really decide which one to go with: either a d16z6 or jdm b18c.

The d16z6 is currently in my car and the b18c is just a bare block(took out the internals).

I have the budget to build the b18 or rebuild and turbo the d16. I just can't seem to decide. One way or another, I will sell the other as a way to help pay for parts.

Also, I am looking for a good shop around the atlanta area that is familiart with honda/acura motors.

Thanks for the recommendations.
    92 EH2 - Current "We will build him, better, stronger, faster."
    98 EJ8 - Stolen ( Thieves)

Quote Originally Posted by bafbrian
    Here's the situation. I am looking for build up one of the motors I have and can't really decide which one to go with: either a d16z6 or jdm b18c.

The d16z6 is currently in my car and the b18c is just a bare block(took out the internals).

I have the budget to build the b18 or rebuild and turbo the d16. I just can't seem to decide. One way or another, I will sell the other as a way to help pay for parts.

Also, I am looking for a good shop around the atlanta area that is familiart with honda/acura motors.

Thanks for the recommendations.

built turbo D

^^^ yea thats just cooler....
    -If You Own A Honda And Say "Headers", Go Jump Off Bridge...........

i say if u have the money and the means to build the b-series engine. go with that . you will get plenty of power out of a turboed d but im not to sure on the reliability of the engine at that point. im sure u can build a reliable bosted-d but to run the same numbers as a boosted-b the reliability might be lower.... now this is all my own understandings so im sure others will chime in and corret me if im wrong...

Wishes his VTAK will work UPMotorsport's Avatar

For whatever way you go, take your car to Mainstream. They are the best honda/acura guys around. shit, any type of car, they can do it
    :boobies: 1997 Civic EX-Parting out FULLYBUILT LS/VTEC and TURBO KIT, PM ME IF INTERESTED:boobies:
    MAINSTREAM PERFORMANCE