PDA

View Full Version : Should I get a Corrado VR6 or a Mkv Rabbit?

Jecht
02-13-2007, 11:19 AM
I'm sick of being slow. I've always liked Corrados. I'm not sure if I should save my money and get the Mkv Rabbit I've wanted for a while now, or if I should find a nice Corrado.
http://www.hostdub.com/albums/4NFANAC/DSC00691.sized.jpg
or
http://www.carbuyersnotebook.com/archives/vwrabbt.jpg

thegreatfnr
02-13-2007, 11:25 AM
I love raddos. They are very cool cars and share the same chasis as the A2s so they handle great.

The only issue with them from what i hear is that they tend to be in the shop alot, even more so if its got a grenade in there. So if reliability is an issue you might wanna get a new rabbit.

Lee :cheers:

Jecht
02-13-2007, 11:31 AM
I love raddos. They are very cool cars and share the same chasis as the A2s so they handle great.

The only issue with them from what i hear is that they tend to be in the shop alot, even more so if its got a grenade in there. So if reliability is an issue you might wanna get a new rabbit.

Lee :cheers:
I know the G60 engine is unreliable... but isn't the VR6 much more reliable? I want the VR6 anyways. The G60 doesn't make a nice growl!

4dmin
02-13-2007, 11:46 AM
tons of potential, HOT, not many on the streets, and save you some $$$ b/c you could probably pay cash for it. go VR6

Congogrey
02-13-2007, 11:58 AM
I would go with the VR6. You can tune the hell out of it and it is a nice chassis for the track.

4dmin
02-13-2007, 12:00 PM
your jetta is a 2.slo right... ? is it paid for or do you have payments? is it auto or manual? personally if there are no payments and its manual i would boost the 2.slo

Jecht
02-13-2007, 12:04 PM
your jetta is a 2.slo right... ? is it paid for or do you have payments? is it auto or manual? personally if there are no payments and its manual i would boost the 2.slo
2.slow, paid for, and its manual. I would boost it there are reliability issues. Even though there are people that have run this engine above 15psi of boost on the stock internals before, I still wouldn't trust the car after turbocharging it.

OneSlow5pt0
02-13-2007, 12:26 PM
i love the corrado,but art they hard to find,dont see many of them...but they look great

Jecht
02-13-2007, 12:59 PM
i love the corrado,but art they hard to find,dont see many of them...but they look great
They are kinda hard to find, but I've found a dark green VR6 one here in Georgia. I emailed the seller a short while ago. :goodjob:

4dmin
02-13-2007, 01:01 PM
2.slow, paid for, and its manual. I would boost it there are reliability issues. Even though there are people that have run this engine above 15psi of boost on the stock internals before, I still wouldn't trust the car after turbocharging it.

personally i would weigh odds... b/c a new low mileage 2.slo goes for under 500 so... boosting that would be CHEAP!!!!... your talking 3k for new motor + turbo setup. vs. 3k for car alone.

buy a 2.slo build it then boost it... :goodjob: save yourself payments.

Jecht
02-13-2007, 02:25 PM
personally i would weigh odds... b/c a new low mileage 2.slo goes for under 500 so... boosting that would be CHEAP!!!!... your talking 3k for new motor + turbo setup. vs. 3k for car alone.

buy a 2.slo build it then boost it... :goodjob: save yourself payments.
Oh no lol I wouldn't have to make payments on a rado, I can pay cash. I absolutely hate the ABA engine! lol

Sol-Badguy
02-13-2007, 02:30 PM
Tough choice..

I like the Corrado's though.

Kyle
02-13-2007, 02:39 PM
I say corrado.

On a side note I found my dream project car, with a lot of work done already. It's a red Mk2 GTI with a VR6 swap already done. It's so sexy and only $3.5K, I am considering postponing my WRX for it.

Jecht
02-13-2007, 02:41 PM
I say corrado.

On a side note I found my dream project car, with a lot of work done already. It's a red Mk2 GTI with a VR6 swap already done. It's so sexy and only $3.5K, I am considering postponing my WRX for it.
Haha kinda funny considering that the admin just got rid of his VR6 swapped Mk2! :lmfao:

OneSlow5pt0
02-13-2007, 02:42 PM
yea,i went on autotrader to see some corrados,and i saw a 95 Vr6 with 50K miles for 12K black with black leather,it looked good as hell

4dmin
02-13-2007, 02:50 PM
Oh no lol I wouldn't have to make payments on a rado, I can pay cash. I absolutely hate the ABA engine! lol

but see thats the thing you pay cash for the vr6 and then you gotta come up w/ more money to work on it.... you could of boosted your aba at this point.... the 2.1L kits for aba output between 150-170whp depending on setup then you go BOOST and your easily run 300+whp on a bullet proof motor.

Sol-Badguy
02-13-2007, 02:59 PM
but see thats the thing you pay cash for the vr6 and then you gotta come up w/ more money to work on it.... you could of boosted your aba at this point.... the 2.1L kits for aba output between 150-170whp depending on setup then you go BOOST and your easily run 300+whp on a bullet proof motor.
The sad thing is, I can't see him wanting that much power.

Jecht
02-13-2007, 03:02 PM
Well, I never do any engine work to my cars, and the only engine I've built before is an old air cooled Beetle engine. :???:

The sad thing is, I can't see him wanting that much power.

I am just about the only person that believes that there is such a thing as too much power. :(

OneSlow5pt0
02-13-2007, 03:06 PM
Well, I never do any engine work to my cars, and the only engine I've built before is an old air cooled Beetle engine. :???:

I am just about the only person that believes that there is such a thing as too much power. :(

i agree with that,like i want to get 200Hp on my RX-7 and thats it

Jecht
02-13-2007, 03:20 PM
i agree with that,like i want to get 200Hp on my RX-7 and thats it
180-250hp is about all you need in compact cars depending on the car's weight. With older cars you don't get traction control, so anything higher than that will have way too much wheelspin to be driveable. :goodjob:

OneSlow5pt0
02-13-2007, 03:33 PM
180-250hp is about all you need in compact cars depending on the car's weight. With older cars you don't get traction control, so anything higher than that will have way too much wheelspin to be driveable. :goodjob:

yea,see right now iv got bout 165 on a 2700 pound car,so 200 is more than anuff

4dmin
02-13-2007, 06:11 PM

if thats all you want why are you trying to swap from a aba? i would stick w/ the aba...

1) its cheaper
2) you can get those numbers NA(under 3k), Supercharged(under 1500), Turbo'd(under 3k)...
3) its more impressive then getting a NA vr6 ;)

katokars
02-13-2007, 06:18 PM
vr6 all the way with a side of turbo, if its fresh

Congogrey
02-13-2007, 06:23 PM
I voted for the VR6 in the poll but I also agree with Admin. Your Jetta could be made a lot better than the stock VR6 for less that you would probably buy the Corrado for. There are enough aftermarket suspension and engine parts that you could kill with your current Jetta.

Jecht
02-13-2007, 06:44 PM
Well, if I bought a Corrado, then my Jetta would be sold. I never modify my daily driver's engine in any way, so I won't turbocharge, supercharge, or build up my car's engine. The engine is the only thing not modified on my car - I already have a really good suspension setup, better brakes, good tires, and some cheap 16" wheels. When it comes to the engine though, I am not willing to do anything more than maintenance on it. Thus a stock Corrado VR6 would be a nice upgrade! lol

GermanMuscle
02-13-2007, 08:44 PM
go with a VR6 but dont get the corrado. before i bought my jetta i was thinking about a rado aswell but they are just so expensive to own and they suck as a DD, something about really bad blind spots

get either a mk2 swapped vr6 or a mk3 vr6

Jecht
02-13-2007, 08:54 PM
lol Nvm guys, I'll just wait until summer and throw my roof rack back on there and forget about this.

4dmin
02-14-2007, 07:44 AM
why don't you just rebuild the 2.slo + supercharge? you can do that for under 2g and it will be very reliable + get you the power you want. the install is very easy.

Kyle
02-14-2007, 11:34 AM
Cause he is a punk bitch and doesn't like performance in his DD. JP magius, but seriously thats why.

Total_Blender
02-14-2007, 06:58 PM
It will be hard to find a VR Corrado that hasn't had the motor fucked with somehow, and since you are looking for a stock motor, that will make it even harder. If you aren't prepared to work on a motor then you might as well forget about the Grenade-60 :laugh:

I'd go with the next best thing, a MkIII VR GTI. You might be able to find one of those in a pretty untouched shape.

If you decide to do a turbo ABA... put a 16v head on there. That should net a substantial chunk of power over just a regualr ABA turbo.

Jecht
02-16-2007, 10:27 AM
It will be hard to find a VR Corrado that hasn't had the motor fucked with somehow, and since you are looking for a stock motor, that will make it even harder. If you aren't prepared to work on a motor then you might as well forget about the Grenade-60 :laugh:

I'd go with the next best thing, a MkIII VR GTI. You might be able to find one of those in a pretty untouched shape.

If you decide to do a turbo ABA... put a 16v head on there. That should net a substantial chunk of power over just a regualr ABA turbo.

16v Head requires you to rebuild the engine so that it will run properly. Not worth it in my book.

Total_Blender
02-16-2007, 06:40 PM
16v Head requires you to rebuild the engine so that it will run properly. Not worth it in my book.

You would have to use ABF pistons if you are not gonna turbo it.

But you wouldn't need to rebuild it if you were gonna go with a turbo (maybe just a hone and new rings). The drop in compression from the 16v head would put you right at 9:1. Sucky for a n/a motor, but awesome for a turbo. :goodjob:

Chuckster
02-17-2007, 05:07 PM
i choose other just b/c im tired of fwd.

But if you dont care about that then either mod what you have now or get the rabbit. Even tho its prolly not that much faster then your 2.slo

_Christian_
03-11-2007, 09:15 AM
i love corrados and ur not cool unless u have a VR6

Kyle
03-11-2007, 11:19 AM
I wouldnt waste your time on this thread if you are thinking about posting. He got his feelings hurt when halfwit owned him so now he doesn't post.

VRBehavior
06-17-2007, 04:30 PM
Honestly I would advise on the Corrado VR6 ONLY if you can spend the time to get it worked on. Yes, Corrado's are in the shop alot simply because there's no such thing as a "mint" Corrado. Most of them have been driven to their limits and back so you'll have to have a decent amount of stuff changed out. I'm on my 2nd Corrado, and its a money pit. If you look smart for a decent one, its well worth it for the exclusivity of what it is. If you wanna save some money, get a G60 and tune that. Its lighter in the nose and its better in the corners than the VR6. I can tell you that from experience 'cause my first was a G60 and now I'm running a VR6. If you've got money to spend, the VR6 will always get you more power. Your labor's gonna be more an issue than the parts but, all in all, the G60 is cheaper to tune for performance and aggressive posture. Be smart about what Corrado's you look at so you don't get :idb:in the hole like me but when you find a decent one, be ready to put work in. If you just want an easy buy-&-blast it car, then go with the MkV Rabbit....its got a warrantee that I'm sure you'll obliterate in 6 months:lmfao:

VRBehavior
06-17-2007, 04:30 PM
.....and thats not mine! I'm not even close to that yet.

Jecht
06-20-2007, 02:53 PM
.....and thats not mine! I'm not even close to that yet.

Old thread, I'm selling my car and getting away from VW.

Kyle
06-20-2007, 04:31 PM
Old thread, I'm selling my car and getting away from VW.
Yes!!! :D

GermanMuscle
06-20-2007, 05:18 PM
WHY??????????

i regret selling my vw almost everyday

Kyle
06-20-2007, 07:42 PM
WHY??????????

i regret selling my vw almost everyday
Because he's Magius. He's gonna make a super sweet, very origianl JDM Honda. Gosh, freakin idiots.

15degvee
06-29-2007, 08:00 PM
If you didnt want so much for that damn 2.slow of yours, I'd buy it off you. It's a rare color that you really dont see everyday, and like everyone else has said in the thread a few months back, 2.0's can also bring smiles...

Kyle
06-29-2007, 08:01 PM
If you didnt want so much for that damn 2.slow of yours, I'd buy it off you. It's a rare color that you really dont see everyday, and like everyone else has said in the thread a few months back, 2.0's can also bring smiles...
Yeah, his price is 150% of the bluebook value.

Jecht
06-29-2007, 10:40 PM

$3700 for a car in excellent condition with the mods, stereo stuff, all the repairs, all the receipts for everything, and all the repair manuals? If you can find someone who wants to buy that stuff separately, I'll sell it to you for $2900.

However, I want to get away from VWs because of people like Kyle. If your opinion differs slightly, he will harass you. I would say that close to 75% of the people on VWvortex are just like him. Wow I like Hondas! So what? I also like Mazdas, Toyotas, a few american cars, BMWs, Nissans, etc. Believe me I like VWs but when there are people like Kyle it is enough to drive away those who have grown up around VWs like me. I'll stick to the aircooled VWs, their owners aren't such assholes about everything.

Oh and Kyle, I have one last thing to say. You can lower the price of your car and it won't bother you that much. Its different for those of us who have spent their own money on their car. I'm sorry, I don't have mommy and daddy spoil me because they know better than to raise a spoiled brat.

Pavlo
06-30-2007, 12:46 AM
Owning 2 hondas, and a bimmer before, VW is the best, although my ej1 will always be one of my favorite cars.

Kyle
06-30-2007, 09:15 AM
However, I want to get away from VWs because of people like Kyle. If your opinion differs slightly, he will harass you. I would say that close to 75% of the people on VWvortex are just like him.
I have only harrassed you about your price. That's it. I have never told you how to mod your car, what I like and dont like about your car. I fail to see the source of this BS.

Wow I like Hondas! So what? I also like Mazdas, Toyotas, a few american cars, BMWs, Nissans, etc. Believe me I like VWs but when there are people like Kyle it is enough to drive away those who have grown up around VWs like me. I'll stick to the aircooled VWs, their owners aren't such assholes about everything.
I distinctly remember you talking soo much shit about Hondas a few months back at a varsity meet. You were making fun of how all hondas are rice and sound the same. Halfwit was there he will vouch for this.

Oh and Kyle, I have one last thing to say. You can lower the price of your car and it won't bother you that much. Its different for those of us who have spent their own money on their car. I'm sorry, I don't have mommy and daddy spoil me because they know better than to raise a spoiled brat.
Alright man. Plenty of peoples parents bought them their first car. But I have been working 40 hour weeks since I was 16. Now I am selling my car because I can afford something better. EAD Mary.

Halfwit
06-30-2007, 07:28 PM
MARY(jecht) YOUR A GODADAMN IDIOT.

his parents raised a spoiled brat? i have met and talked to both of you, and kyle is down ot earth and intelligent, and your a freakin retard. u bashed hondas, mine in particul;ar cause i didnt have power windows(when u were riding around with a walmart cd player fed through a tape in your tape deck) dickhead. cut the crap. i feel sorry for any honda u ever own, but when u do get one, i have a aerospeed 1ft tall wing i got off a focus at the ford dealership ill sell you JDM DAWG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

stay down fag.

Jecht
06-30-2007, 11:07 PM
MARY(jecht) YOUR A GODADAMN IDIOT.

his parents raised a spoiled brat? i have met and talked to both of you, and kyle is down ot earth and intelligent, and your a freakin retard. u bashed hondas, mine in particul;ar cause i didnt have power windows(when u were riding around with a walmart cd player fed through a tape in your tape deck) dickhead. cut the crap. i feel sorry for any honda u ever own, but when u do get one, i have a aerospeed 1ft tall wing i got off a focus at the ford dealership ill sell you JDM DAWG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

stay down fag.

So I didn't like Hondas back then! Wow, might it be a possibility that I've changed my opinions about Hondas since then? You've met me what, a whole one time? I know I said a lot of things to you. I was mad. So whats the big deal? I haven't said anything mean to Kyle up until that last post of mine. I'm only angry because Kyle constantly told me to lower my asking price for my car. Its my fucking car. By going into my for sale thread and telling me that nobody will buy it for my asking price, the chance of it EVER selling for that price is gone. THAT is why I'm mad. I don't have a lot of money. If I don't get my asking price for my car, I don't have any money to buy another car. A loan is out of the question for me since I will have to pay for my tuition this upcoming semester. Yes that is my fault too; I realize I make mistakes. But do you get what I'm saying?

I rarely think of wings. I even hate the OEM one on my current car. Even on cars that I think one would look good (like the 96-00 Civic sedan with a Mugen wing), I wouldn't be willing to spend the money on a purely cosmetic mod. There are better things to spend money on.

Halfwit, I know what I said to you but I respect you for working hard and all. Same for you Kyle; I didn't know you worked that much. I do have problems with parents buying their kids cars though. Its mostly because when you don't work for something you don't appreciate it. I know you take care of your car though and I know you aren't like that.

Halfwit
07-01-2007, 12:39 PM
you cant say anything bad about ppl that their parents buy them their first car.

1: parents strive hard and work their ass off so that maybe there children wont have to work as hard, so that they can have a nice life. you dont have kids (i dont either) so u dont understand. i know i will buy my children their first car.

2: u have to understand, its not hte childs fault for having a car their parents bought for them. not many kids at age 16 are gonna turn down a free car? nah meen?
3: dont worry about what other ppl do to their car or how they treat it it doesnt affect you.

so what if they dont take care of it, or care about it, their fault, there parents will either buy them another one, or they will be sol. itll come back on them.

about the selling your car. why would you sell ur car b4 u have another one to drive?

if u want a different car, think of it like this, it is a present to yourself, so save up for it, buy it, then sell your car. then u sell ur car whamo u have extra money.

u can have anything u want in life, its only how long u want to wait for it.

Jecht
07-01-2007, 01:14 PM
you cant say anything bad about ppl that their parents buy them their first car.

1: parents strive hard and work their ass off so that maybe there children wont have to work as hard, so that they can have a nice life. you dont have kids (i dont either) so u dont understand. i know i will buy my children their first car.

2: u have to understand, its not hte childs fault for having a car their parents bought for them. not many kids at age 16 are gonna turn down a free car? nah meen?
3: dont worry about what other ppl do to their car or how they treat it it doesnt affect you.

so what if they dont take care of it, or care about it, their fault, there parents will either buy them another one, or they will be sol. itll come back on them.

about the selling your car. why would you sell ur car b4 u have another one to drive?

if u want a different car, think of it like this, it is a present to yourself, so save up for it, buy it, then sell your car. then u sell ur car whamo u have extra money.

u can have anything u want in life, its only how long u want to wait for it.

Well a new(er) car isn't a present to myself. My next car isn't going to be just a toy, I'm not looking at cars that I would want to modify. I'm even considering buying a first gen Prius just because in the long run it will save me a lot of money. If I buy a Prius, it would be cheaper than buying a regular car for the same price in less than a year. As I said before, I've got to pay for school now so all the money I make is going towards that.

Halfwit
07-01-2007, 01:24 PM
Well a new(er) car isn't a present to myself. My next car isn't going to be just a toy, I'm not looking at cars that I would want to modify. I'm even considering buying a first gen Prius just because in the long run it will save me a lot of money. If I buy a Prius, it would be cheaper than buying a regular car for the same price in less than a year. As I said before, I've got to pay for school now so all the money I make is going towards that.
thats why its a present to yourself.

if u have to pay for school now, then that is your PRIORITY and u should hold off on a car.

koukis14
07-01-2007, 06:47 PM
I would get the G60, or the rabbit. The Rabbit is a fun car and the 2.5 has fair power but it does not rev high at all, and the city mpg sucks. The G60 is going to be a tad hard to find parts for but they are good looking cars and rare, so you will not be some ass hole wiht a Civic, you will have taste. Come into work and we will take care of you if you want a rabbit. By the way, to keep the powertrain warranty in the Rabbit valid you have to keep the oil changed every 5k with synthetic oil. Honestly the 2.0 turbo in the new GTI costs less than the 2.5 to maintain. We have a nice package one manual Mark V GTI on the used car lot at work. Call in Monday and see if it is still there and take it for a drive. It is Jim Ellis VW on Cobb Parkway and the number is 770 955 6565.

sullen
07-01-2007, 06:56 PM
build a corrado motor for the turbo. make that shit blow corvettes away. but the vr6 corrado, or whatever. you just need something to drive around while you build the other motor, then take a weekend once the build is finished. swap it in, and BAM. instant badass car. and true, theres not alot of them around, so you have the cool raeness factor. just make sure the way you build it its reliable.

Mr2raceworks
07-01-2007, 10:42 PM
why don't you get what you man man. why you need other people to make up your own mind, it is your car you will be driving it, not us, nah mean

BLk92DA
07-02-2007, 08:15 AM
why don't you get what you man man. why you need other people to make up your own mind, it is your car you will be driving it, not us, nah mean

:stupid:

sullen
07-02-2007, 08:21 AM
was MR2 stoned when he wrote that?

Tech5
07-02-2007, 10:31 AM
Of course he was

sullen
07-02-2007, 10:33 AM
yea yea. i could tell. i know what you should get JECHT. a mind of your own and a sack of balls to tape between your legs.

DeutscheBAG!
07-03-2007, 01:11 PM
Hope you like putting out fires if u get the Corrado.

don't get me wrong, i miss my 93SLC dearly but the car was such a nightmare, i had to get rid of it.
90-92 Corrado G60:. Major problems: Generally fairly reliable. First cold start sometimes fails. Second start usually ok. Notchy transmission/Linkage/Reverse binding, many had their 2nd gear syncro die, most G60s do not have the clutch with Cd or Ni plated splines exasterbating shifting problems.

Common problems: exhaust hangers go bad (it's a heavy exhaust), auto belts malfunctioning (really, starter switch), windshield wipers miss a few areas, vibration damper gets loose on driver's side axle, supercharger dies between 50-?k miles (no corrolation found with those using AST or Neuspeeds smaller pulleys), sunroof dies after a couple of years, foglights crack due to heat.

Impressions: Low end lacking, notchy shifter, but otherwise a nice, sturdy, and practical car. Good handling, bad rear visibility. The usual rattles but better then other A2s or A1s.
Lots of aftermarket parts available to improve power and handling.

and on the Vr6 Major problems: Transmission Linkage binding, increasing notchiness. Several had their ABS system go bad, many had their 2nd gear syncro die older VR6s (92) do not have the clutch with Cd or Ni plated splines exasterbating shifting problems.
Common problems: Windshield wipers miss a few areas, sunroof dies after a couple of years, foglights crack due to heat.

Impressions: Great car, better than the G60 version in virtually all respects. Quiet

but wait..theres more>>VR6 Corrados manufactured between August, 1991 and November, 1992 were subject to a recall (campaign number 93V102000) to correct the routing of wiring harnesses. Incorrectly routed harnesses could wear and short during normal operation, causing the engine to stall or the radiator fan to stop operating.
A few 1993 Corrado SLCs have experienced a short in a power distribution module for the cooling system, leading to the meltdown of multiple wiring harnesses and potentially resulting in an engine compartment fire. VW is covering the repair costs (which can run US$4000-$5000) in some cases

if u decide for a rabbit, i would at least wait for the Rabbit S to come out..the power is being bumped to 170HP. plus, there are a lot of developements for the 2.5 coming very soon.

Kyle
07-03-2007, 01:14 PM
Very good writeup walker but Jecht wants a honda/acura now. I am glad to know all that about Corrados, the Vr6 is still one of my favorite cars but now I probably don't want to own one.

DeutscheBAG!
07-03-2007, 02:29 PM
Very good writeup walker but Jecht wants a honda/acura now. I am glad to know all that about Corrados, the Vr6 is still one of my favorite cars but now I probably don't want to own one.

i feel ya.. the corrado is a very rewarding drive when they're not trying to piss you off. if i could buy back now, i probably would seeing how this is probably the best vdub created.( in my opinion)

Jecht
07-04-2007, 10:15 PM

Sigh... I still don't know what I want. Not necessarily a Honda/Acura. I'm considering the Mazda Protege5, Toyota Prius b/c of gas mileage, 98+ Honda Accord, etc. I'm also considering just getting my Beetle street ready and buying a air conditioning kit for it.

Humphrizzle
07-05-2007, 09:30 AM
G60 corrado is much more affordable and cheaper to modify.

i'll be getting one one day.

Yohannes
07-05-2007, 02:22 PM
WOW..i didnt know there were so many dayum people who hated corrados...i think its a great car..than again it all depends on who owned the car prior to you...Remember, this car was not a cheap when it came out...so keep that in mind......A corrado is one of those cars you either like it or hate it..i personally like it...

like any other cars on the road, there are flaws..but some of the issues seem to be ignored by the PO and linger over to the next owner..now your the person is stuck with problems that werent fixed properly or rigged up...I have always wanted a corrado and I am building one at the moment...

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=2612946

yoyo

Total_Blender
07-05-2007, 03:39 PM
like any other cars on the road, there are flaws..but some of the issues seem to be ignored by the PO and linger over to the next owner..now your the person is stuck with problems that werent fixed properly or rigged up...

I think this is the root of most of the problems people have with Corrados. People mod them and don't do stuff right, and it makes life miserable for the next owner. :crazy:

Kyle
07-05-2007, 11:46 PM
WOW..i didnt know there were so many dayum people who hated corrados...i think its a great car..than again it all depends on who owned the car prior to you...Remember, this car was not a cheap when it came out...so keep that in mind......A corrado is one of those cars you either like it or hate it..i personally like it...

like any other cars on the road, there are flaws..but some of the issues seem to be ignored by the PO and linger over to the next owner..now your the person is stuck with problems that werent fixed properly or rigged up...I have always wanted a corrado and I am building one at the moment...

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=2612946

yoyo
Interesing to see yoyo making an appearance on IA. Shouldnt you be whoring up vortex. Either way nice to see another vw owner on IA.

white 99 gsr
07-18-2007, 09:53 PM
If you are looking for a car give me a shout, I am a licensed used car dealer and I can get you into the used car auctions. If you wanna drop me a pm I can tell you what was sold last week and the prices. Just trying to help. :goodjob: BTW I would go with the Rado VR6. I always wanted one but never got it.:cry:

Pavlo
01-31-2008, 10:31 PM
If you are still looking for a car, I know of somebody selling a G60. I love the VR6 though, one of the greatest engine ever created, I mean that too. I have a Mark 3 VR6, and it is probably the closest VW created to the Corrado VR6, and I enjoy every second of it. Yes they have problems, but at least you'll never be bored with it :).

Jecht
02-01-2008, 06:12 AM
If you are still looking for a car, I know of somebody selling a G60. I love the VR6 though, one of the greatest engine ever created, I mean that too. I have a Mark 3 VR6, and it is probably the closest VW created to the Corrado VR6, and I enjoy every second of it. Yes they have problems, but at least you'll never be bored with it :).

I'm not looking for a VW anymore; I'm trying to find a Miata. I've got my Mk2 GLI to play with.