View Poll Results: Next car: Corrado VR6 or Rabbit 2.5 inline 5?

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • Corrado VR6

24 64.86%
  • Corrado G60

4 10.81%
  • Rabbit

5 13.51%
  • Other (explain)

4 10.81%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Should I get a Corrado VR6 or a Mkv Rabbit?

Default Should I get a Corrado VR6 or a Mkv Rabbit?

I'm sick of being slow. I've always liked Corrados. I'm not sure if I should save my money and get the Mkv Rabbit I've wanted for a while now, or if I should find a nice Corrado.

or

I love raddos. They are very cool cars and share the same chasis as the A2s so they handle great.

The only issue with them from what i hear is that they tend to be in the shop alot, even more so if its got a grenade in there. So if reliability is an issue you might wanna get a new rabbit.

Lee

2005 C55 AMG
    durtydubs

Quote Originally Posted by thegreatfnr
    I love raddos. They are very cool cars and share the same chasis as the A2s so they handle great.

The only issue with them from what i hear is that they tend to be in the shop alot, even more so if its got a grenade in there. So if reliability is an issue you might wanna get a new rabbit.

Lee
    I know the G60 engine is unreliable... but isn't the VR6 much more reliable? I want the VR6 anyways. The G60 doesn't make a nice growl!

IA KING

tons of potential, HOT, not many on the streets, and save you some $$$ b/c you could probably pay cash for it. go VR6

I would go with the VR6. You can tune the hell out of it and it is a nice chassis for the track.
    My Car Domain Page (latest list of Modifications)

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2391438

IA KING

your jetta is a 2.slo right... ? is it paid for or do you have payments? is it auto or manual? personally if there are no payments and its manual i would boost the 2.slo

Quote Originally Posted by admin
    your jetta is a 2.slo right... ? is it paid for or do you have payments? is it auto or manual? personally if there are no payments and its manual i would boost the 2.slo
    2.slow, paid for, and its manual. I would boost it there are reliability issues. Even though there are people that have run this engine above 15psi of boost on the stock internals before, I still wouldn't trust the car after turbocharging it.

Senior Member | IA Veteran  OneSlow5pt0's Avatar

i love the corrado,but art they hard to find,dont see many of them...but they look great

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoToad
    i love the corrado,but art they hard to find,dont see many of them...but they look great
    They are kinda hard to find, but I've found a dark green VR6 one here in Georgia. I emailed the seller a short while ago.

IA KING

Quote Originally Posted by Magius
    2.slow, paid for, and its manual. I would boost it there are reliability issues. Even though there are people that have run this engine above 15psi of boost on the stock internals before, I still wouldn't trust the car after turbocharging it.
    personally i would weigh odds... b/c a new low mileage 2.slo goes for under 500 so... boosting that would be CHEAP!!!!... your talking 3k for new motor + turbo setup. vs. 3k for car alone.

buy a 2.slo build it then boost it... save yourself payments.

personally i would weigh odds... b/c a new low mileage 2.slo goes for under 500 so... boosting that would be CHEAP!!!!... your talking 3k for new motor + turbo setup. vs. 3k for car alone.

buy a 2.slo build it then boost it... save yourself payments.
    Oh no lol I wouldn't have to make payments on a rado, I can pay cash. I absolutely hate the ABA engine! lol

Tough choice..

I like the Corrado's though.

Senior Member | IA Veteran Kyle's Avatar

I say corrado.

On a side note I found my dream project car, with a lot of work done already. It's a red Mk2 GTI with a VR6 swap already done. It's so sexy and only $3.5K, I am considering postponing my WRX for it.
    ***Lotus Elise***

BlackWatchRacing
    /Sector111/Larini Exhausts/Difflow Diffusers/Classic Livery of Atlanta Paint/APR Performance

Quote Originally Posted by E36slide View Post
    I may not be as book savey as the next guy but i posses a vast knowledge based street smarts.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle
    I say corrado.

On a side note I found my dream project car, with a lot of work done already. It's a red Mk2 GTI with a VR6 swap already done. It's so sexy and only $3.5K, I am considering postponing my WRX for it.
    Haha kinda funny considering that the admin just got rid of his VR6 swapped Mk2!

yea,i went on autotrader to see some corrados,and i saw a 95 Vr6 with 50K miles for 12K black with black leather,it looked good as hell

IA KING

Oh no lol I wouldn't have to make payments on a rado, I can pay cash. I absolutely hate the ABA engine! lol
    but see thats the thing you pay cash for the vr6 and then you gotta come up w/ more money to work on it.... you could of boosted your aba at this point.... the 2.1L kits for aba output between 150-170whp depending on setup then you go BOOST and your easily run 300+whp on a bullet proof motor.

but see thats the thing you pay cash for the vr6 and then you gotta come up w/ more money to work on it.... you could of boosted your aba at this point.... the 2.1L kits for aba output between 150-170whp depending on setup then you go BOOST and your easily run 300+whp on a bullet proof motor.
    The sad thing is, I can't see him wanting that much power.

Well, I never do any engine work to my cars, and the only engine I've built before is an old air cooled Beetle engine.

Quote Originally Posted by BA Panda
    The sad thing is, I can't see him wanting that much power.
    I am just about the only person that believes that there is such a thing as too much power.

Well, I never do any engine work to my cars, and the only engine I've built before is an old air cooled Beetle engine.

I am just about the only person that believes that there is such a thing as too much power.
    i agree with that,like i want to get 200Hp on my RX-7 and thats it

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoToad
    i agree with that,like i want to get 200Hp on my RX-7 and thats it
    180-250hp is about all you need in compact cars depending on the car's weight. With older cars you don't get traction control, so anything higher than that will have way too much wheelspin to be driveable.

180-250hp is about all you need in compact cars depending on the car's weight. With older cars you don't get traction control, so anything higher than that will have way too much wheelspin to be driveable.
    yea,see right now iv got bout 165 on a 2700 pound car,so 200 is more than anuff

IA KING

if thats all you want why are you trying to swap from a aba? i would stick w/ the aba...

1) its cheaper
    2) you can get those numbers NA(under 3k), Supercharged(under 1500), Turbo'd(under 3k)...
    3) its more impressive then getting a NA vr6

QD's friend

vr6 all the way with a side of turbo, if its fresh

I voted for the VR6 in the poll but I also agree with Admin. Your Jetta could be made a lot better than the stock VR6 for less that you would probably buy the Corrado for. There are enough aftermarket suspension and engine parts that you could kill with your current Jetta.
    My Car Domain Page (latest list of Modifications)

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2391438

Well, if I bought a Corrado, then my Jetta would be sold. I never modify my daily driver's engine in any way, so I won't turbocharge, supercharge, or build up my car's engine. The engine is the only thing not modified on my car - I already have a really good suspension setup, better brakes, good tires, and some cheap 16" wheels. When it comes to the engine though, I am not willing to do anything more than maintenance on it. Thus a stock Corrado VR6 would be a nice upgrade! lol

go with a VR6 but dont get the corrado. before i bought my jetta i was thinking about a rado aswell but they are just so expensive to own and they suck as a DD, something about really bad blind spots

get either a mk2 swapped vr6 or a mk3 vr6
    90 Integra....Sold
    96 Jetta VR6...current money pit

lol Nvm guys, I'll just wait until summer and throw my roof rack back on there and forget about this.

IA KING

why don't you just rebuild the 2.slo + supercharge? you can do that for under 2g and it will be very reliable + get you the power you want. the install is very easy.

Cause he is a punk bitch and doesn't like performance in his DD. JP magius, but seriously thats why.
    ***Lotus Elise***

BlackWatchRacing
    /Sector111/Larini Exhausts/Difflow Diffusers/Classic Livery of Atlanta Paint/APR Performance

I may not be as book savey as the next guy but i posses a vast knowledge based street smarts.

Release the Kracken! Total_Blender's Avatar

It will be hard to find a VR Corrado that hasn't had the motor fucked with somehow, and since you are looking for a stock motor, that will make it even harder. If you aren't prepared to work on a motor then you might as well forget about the Grenade-60 :laugh:

I'd go with the next best thing, a MkIII VR GTI. You might be able to find one of those in a pretty untouched shape.

If you decide to do a turbo ABA... put a 16v head on there. That should net a substantial chunk of power over just a regualr ABA turbo.

Quote Originally Posted by NawzDawg!!1!
    It will be hard to find a VR Corrado that hasn't had the motor fucked with somehow, and since you are looking for a stock motor, that will make it even harder. If you aren't prepared to work on a motor then you might as well forget about the Grenade-60 :laugh:

I'd go with the next best thing, a MkIII VR GTI. You might be able to find one of those in a pretty untouched shape.

If you decide to do a turbo ABA... put a 16v head on there. That should net a substantial chunk of power over just a regualr ABA turbo.
    16v Head requires you to rebuild the engine so that it will run properly. Not worth it in my book.

Release the Kracken! Total_Blender's Avatar

16v Head requires you to rebuild the engine so that it will run properly. Not worth it in my book.
    You would have to use ABF pistons if you are not gonna turbo it.

But you wouldn't need to rebuild it if you were gonna go with a turbo (maybe just a hone and new rings). The drop in compression from the 16v head would put you right at 9:1. Sucky for a n/a motor, but awesome for a turbo.

Senior Member | IA Veteran Chuckster's Avatar

i choose other just b/c im tired of fwd.

But if you dont care about that then either mod what you have now or get the rabbit. Even tho its prolly not that much faster then your 2.slo

( . )( . ) inmymouth _Christian_'s Avatar

i love corrados and ur not cool unless u have a VR6

I wouldnt waste your time on this thread if you are thinking about posting. He got his feelings hurt when halfwit owned him so now he doesn't post.
    ***Lotus Elise***

BlackWatchRacing

Banned

Talking corrado

Honestly I would advise on the Corrado VR6 ONLY if you can spend the time to get it worked on. Yes, Corrado's are in the shop alot simply because there's no such thing as a "mint" Corrado. Most of them have been driven to their limits and back so you'll have to have a decent amount of stuff changed out. I'm on my 2nd Corrado, and its a money pit. If you look smart for a decent one, its well worth it for the exclusivity of what it is. If you wanna save some money, get a G60 and tune that. Its lighter in the nose and its better in the corners than the VR6. I can tell you that from experience 'cause my first was a G60 and now I'm running a VR6. If you've got money to spend, the VR6 will always get you more power. Your labor's gonna be more an issue than the parts but, all in all, the G60 is cheaper to tune for performance and aggressive posture. Be smart about what Corrado's you look at so you don't get :idb:in the hole like me but when you find a decent one, be ready to put work in. If you just want an easy buy-&-blast it car, then go with the MkV Rabbit....its got a warrantee that I'm sure you'll obliterate in 6 months
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -serious-jpg  

Banned

Default :-P

.....and thats not mine! I'm not even close to that yet.

Quote Originally Posted by VRBehavior
    .....and thats not mine! I'm not even close to that yet.
    Old thread, I'm selling my car and getting away from VW.

Quote Originally Posted by Jecht
    Old thread, I'm selling my car and getting away from VW.
    Yes!!!
    ***Lotus Elise***

BlackWatchRacing

WHY??????????

i regret selling my vw almost everyday
    90 Integra....Sold
    96 Jetta VR6...current money pit

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast