Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My SDR opening test and tune.....

had some good passes yesterday fellas!!! nice to see everyone came home without any broken parts (or at least unreported). sorry i missed out on the fun this time around. i ended up having to work, but its all good. chad, hit me up when you're planning on going next and i'll see if i can make it

IA Member

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Goat
    yea, def crowded today, dont normally see that kind of turnout on a regular t&t day at sdr

13.4@101, no spray with a passenger
    12.3@112, with spray and a passenger

3rd run was so fucked up i didnt even stop to get a ticket, i was wall bound 3 times in 2 gears, finally gave up and coasted through the lines

i didnt know you could have a passenger thats the reason i dont go is i didnt want my wife to stand there not knowing anybody while i was running

w/a hot rod GRAND AM blake06gto's Avatar

you probably werent supposed too if you ran a certain time.... but they werent paying much attention at all.
    2006 Pontiac GTO
    2010 Chevrolet Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by collins
    had some good passes yesterday fellas!!! nice to see everyone came home without any broken parts (or at least unreported). sorry i missed out on the fun this time around. i ended up having to work, but its all good. chad, hit me up when you're planning on going next and i'll see if i can make it
    aight i will but im trying to be about it so all of IA doesnt show up again, i like kicking with my peeps but it pisses me the fuck off when i make that trip for 2 runs. i dont mind if a few people ride out though so ill hit ya up
    Quote Originally Posted by blake06gto
    you probably werent supposed too if you ran a certain time.... but they werent paying much attention at all.
    when i ran 13.2 i had a passenger and they told me no more people in the car cause i was going to fast LOL too fast LOLOLOLOL

w/a hot rod GRAND AM blake06gto's Avatar

oh, well i guess we just didnt have anything fast enough in our group for them to care lol....
    2006 Pontiac GTO
    2010 Chevrolet Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by fisher
    i didnt know you could have a passenger thats the reason i dont go is i didnt want my wife to stand there not knowing anybody while i was running
    You wife can stay with you all the way until you pull on to the track for your burnout.

I never got in trouble for running 13.0's without a helmet ...Im used to steele were you dont need a helmet
    Neon PoWa
    Now Delta 46 equipped
    432whp/425wtq on lower boost

IA Member

Quote Originally Posted by SmackedInATL
    You wife can stay with you all the way until you pull on to the track for your burnout.

thanks man yea that would work which i doubt they would care after they see me run a high 13 or something

ASAP's Ginger Kid

I ran a 13.850 @ 101 but couldn't seem to keep it from bogging off the line. Normally it's not a problem, but it seems when I go to the track, I can't keep from doing it.

RIP Mom
    RIP Papa

IA Member

Quote Originally Posted by redmanhart
    I ran a 13.850 @ 101 but couldn't seem to keep it from bogging off the line. Normally it's not a problem, but it seems when I go to the track, I can't keep from doing it.

could that be b/c its hooking up and not spinning like it does on the street

13.4 @100 I believe

ASAP's Ginger Kid

could that be b/c its hooking up and not spinning like it does on the street
    That's what I was thinking.

RIP Mom
    RIP Papa

ASAP's Ginger Kid

Quote Originally Posted by b16EG-HaTcH
    13.4 @100 I believe
    Good run man, it was a lot of fun.

RIP Mom
    RIP Papa

13.4 @100 I believe
    You and I need to get our run in.
    Back to being stock and slow

i wish somebody had reminded me of this. had a busy month and forgot all about it. Sucks. Oh well....

Quote Originally Posted by Motivation
    You and I need to get our run in.
    most deff. what was ur best time??

and randall good run from you too bro, i wanna run that thing again maybe this time it wont bog off the line. everyone said u were pullin back on me. and i want to know what the silver CTS-V has done to it, it sounded like a beast.

i think we are gonna go back in a couple of weeks.

So I couldnt help but notice but where were all the Evos at? Dont think I saw not 1 Evo run?
    Quote Originally Posted by EJ25RUN View Post
    Have a beer. Makes life better everytime.

ASAP's Ginger Kid

Quote Originally Posted by bowdown201
    So I couldnt help but notice but where were all the Evos at? Dont think I saw not 1 Evo run?
    Good call. I never thought about it until you said that, but yeah, I don't recall seeing any Evos out there at all, watching or running.

RIP Mom
    RIP Papa

i think past 13.99 youre not supposed to have a passenger, but dont quote me on that, my 13.4 pass the passenger didnt have a helmet on either, lol....the 12 sec pass we both wore helmets
    -2001 Lexus IS300
    -2004 Pontiac GTO - 530hp/625ft lbs - 10.62@130mph - Sold!

Quote Originally Posted by Echonova View Post
    I got five on it, that if this guy ever does meet Evil Goat he shits his pants and says nothing.

ASAP's Ginger Kid

and randall good run from you too bro, i wanna run that thing again maybe this time it wont bog off the line. everyone said u were pullin back on me. and i want to know what the silver CTS-V has done to it, it sounded like a beast.

Thanks man, we'll all definitely have to get together again and go when it's not so crowded lol.

RIP Mom
    RIP Papa

Right on, Josh's CTS-V (4drz06) sounds mean as hell going down the track. I believe he had full exhaust, intake, cam, and tune. Not exactly sure though...

Quote Originally Posted by SmackedInATL
    Right on, Josh's CTS-V (4drz06) sounds mean as hell going down the track. I believe he had full exhaust, intake, cam, and tune. Not exactly sure though...
    yeah i was the STi that ran him in thackers video. i launched like shit that run and he just pulled away, i ran a 13.8 (my slowest run of the day) and he ran a 13.3. nasty car though looks and sounds great.

My last run, that wasn't clean... 13.4 @ 106.xx. I probably won't go back until I have a couple things looked at first. I'll hit you up Tuesday at the meet.
    Back to being stock and slow

wont be there bro, gotta go tour the labor and delivery place at the hospial w/ the wife.

Quote Originally Posted by redmanhart
    you need to launch it high and slip the clutch at the track. i was launching at 6600 and slipping the clutch. you'd rather have some wheelspin than bog in our cars. does your car have a DCCD? if so make sure to put it in manual mode and bias the power more to the rear.
    Who knows?

ASAP's Ginger Kid

Quote Originally Posted by hondabuilder
    you need to launch it high and slip the clutch at the track. i was launching at 6600 and slipping the clutch. you'd rather have some wheelspin than bog in our cars. does your car have a DCCD? if so make sure to put it in manual mode and bias the power more to the rear.
    That's what I always try to do, and any other time that I've launched it, it spins a little but moves out really hard. At the track I try to do the same thing that I normally do, but it seems to try and hook really hard and bogs. The last time I got it to come out of the hole hard at the track I was only stage 2 and was on the POS RE92s. It's a regular WRX so I don't have the DCCD unfortunately.

RIP Mom
    RIP Papa

I was a little disappointed with my car. My first run was my 2nd slowest ever in this car with a 13.9x on motor because it bogged off the line resulting in a 2.3 60'. I decided to spray it the next pass and it launched great and was running strong through first and then halfway through second it started detonating so I coasted the rest of the way to save my chitty bottom end . 17.4 at like 40 something mph lol.

Looking forward to next time though.

wont be there bro, gotta go tour the labor and delivery place at the hospial w/ the wife.
    oh ok. Good deal man. She has another 3 months to go right? Or is it even that long?

yep 3 more.

Certified Gearhead

Well i had fun and it was nice meeting some of you folks. My first run was a 13.4. not to bad for a slammed hatch on super duper negative camber!!lol

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12