Thread: I'm not racist

Senior Member | IA Veteran Catnip's Avatar

Default I'm not racist

but I found this at a Mexican restaraunt and thought it was pretty ironic.

Elol.
    '92 C2500 6.5 Turbo Diesel | '96 240sx

I can dig it...
    NO ADVERTISING

-IA MANAGEMENT

Wow...

you bet it is!

Quote Originally Posted by Catnip View Post
    but I found this at a Mexican restaraunt and thought it was pretty ironic.

Elol.
    You mean a coincidence. It would be ironic if you found it at a mayonaisse(spelled right?) restaurant. But yeah looks fast
    BUILT NOT BOUGHT .........

Mexico FTW!! When I was in jail I asked a spanish guy why they went so extreme with their cars... He said because that's what women want?? LMAO!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Genji-Sama View Post
    You mean a coincidence. It would be ironic if you found it at a mayonaisse(spelled right?) restaurant. But yeah looks fast

i·ron·ic   /aɪˈrɒnɪk/ Show Spelled[ahy-ron-ik] Show IPA
    –adjective
    1.containing or exemplifying irony: an ironic novel; an ironic remark.
    2.ironical.
    3.coincidental; unexpected: It was ironic that I was seated next to my ex-husband at the dinner.
    http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/ironic

But what do I know...

Fucking idiot.
    Your sig gave me a seizure.

- IA Management

www.facebook.com/wes.monteith

"I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody." -Bill Cosby

"I'll fuck you 'til you love me, faggot!" -Mike Tyson

deff looks like a trans am.

How is it unexpected if a mexican owns it, sure you got the first part of the definition, but your missing the second. If a mexican owns an ugly car and you happened to spot thisn after we were just discussing this in a different thread, then in no way is it unexpected. Did you just ignore the part after the semi-colon or what?

Quote Originally Posted by Mantooth View Post
    Fucking idiot.
    Who lit the end of your tampon?
    Last edited by Genji-Sama; 03-31-2010 at 10:49 PM.

How is it unexpected if a mexican owns it, sure you got the first part of the definition, but your missing the second. If a mexican owns an ugly car and you happened to spot thisn after we were just discussing this in a different thread, then in no way is it unexpected. Did you just ignore the part after the semi-colon or what?

Who lit the end of you tampon?
    It would be "racist" to expect a car like that at a mexican restaraunt. I said I'm not racist.

It would be "racist" to expect a car like that at a mexican restaraunt. I said I'm not racist.
    Lol, would it be racist to assume that I would have 22s on my car, just cuz I'm black? Not callin' you racist, just pointing out the common misnomer made when people use ironic instead of coincidence. Not tryin' to start an e-fight, so here...

Lol, would it be racist to assume that I would have 22s on my car, just cuz I'm black? Not callin' you racist, just pointing out the common misnomer made when people use ironic instead of coincidence. Not tryin' to start an e-fight, so here...
    If I were expecting it to be there, it would be a coincidence.

But the title states that I wouldn't be expecting it, therefore it's ironic.

Eh?

www.jasontbarker.com speedminded's Avatar

Is it wrong that I can tell a black person drives that Integra by its wheels?

If I were expecting it to be there, it would be a coincidence.

But the title states that I wouldn't be expecting it, therefore it's ironic.

Eh?
    Not quite, for it to be ironic, something has to have conveniently happened that contradicts the expected, if it's unexpected it doesn't really count as anything, just a random happening. Kind of like if a clown just burst into your job with a tuna sandwich, it's just random. "Situational irony is the disparity of intention and result: when the result of an action is contrary to the desired or expected effect." This definition is straight from wikipedia, lol, the most reliable source on the net (and that was an example of verbal irony).

Quote Originally Posted by speedminded View Post
    Is it wrong that I can tell a black person drives that Integra by its wheels?
    If that comment is directed specifically at my integra, yes. Because you should think I'm mexican, because a mexican bought the wheels. It's just been very low on my priority list to change them considering the tires have a lot of tread left on them.

www.jasontbarker.com speedminded's Avatar

Not quite, for it to be ironic, something has to have conveniently happened that contradicts the expected, if it's unexpected it doesn't really count as anything, just a random happening. Kind of like if a clown just burst into your job with a tuna sandwich, it's just random. "Situational irony is the disparity of intention and result: when the result of an action is contrary to the desired or expected effect." This definition is straight from wikipedia, lol, the most reliable source on the net (and that was an example of verbal irony).

If that comment is directed specifically at my integra, yes. Because you should think I'm mexican, because a mexican bought the wheels. It's just been very low on my priority list to change them considering the tires have a lot of tread left on them.
    Sorry then. Go back to Buford Highway and trade them for some stock wheels. The car will look infinitely better.

Quote Originally Posted by speedminded View Post
    Sorry then. Go back to Buford Highway and trade them for some stock wheels. The car will look infinitely better.
    Nah, I'm saving up for something really sexy, in a size a little bit larger. In the mean time, I'm debating painting them black and leaving the lip silver, but not sure on this.

I saw that car the other morning on 475. Holy shit. I tried to grab my cell phone but wasnt quick enough.
    500whp of spinnin fury!!!

Senior Member | IA Veteran VooDooXII's Avatar

I used to think these Grand Prixs looked soooooooooooo cool.

What The Hell

its not racist when its true

lol at the racist people here
    (((((No more 4 door))))))

Many stereotypes are based firmly in reality. If many individuals from different ethnic groups did not just so (happen) to enjoy or partake in many of the same endeavors than we would have no clear definition or any concept of a "stereotype" in regards to various ethnic groups.

I have just personally witnessed many black people riding in cars where the wheels themselves, cost more than the rest of the vehicle.

And I am not sure if ANY ethnic group period, can compete with a mexicans ability to completely destroy an import, and make it a total loss without even crashing it.

Asian Americans usually build very clean imports. Unless they are one of those 3rd world asians from Cambodia or Thailand. Then you could not separate them from a mexican.

White people rule the domestic world. And every ugly automobile our great nation can pass off as "quality" or "better". They are also kings of slow trucks with massive lift kits as if to emulate some kind of white childhood fantasy of driving Bigfoot. The hummer market was designed for these individuals and has now spiraled into a laughing stock, yet they remain...blocking traffic and pissing everyone off with impunity to pick up their little darling from soccer practice, with the Bush/Cheney sticker still fading on the bumper.

its OK as long as you hate everybody.

Senior Member | IA Veteran VooDooXII's Avatar

By the way, I'm going to be the douche bag that says you used the word "ironic" incorrectly.