Thread: Volk GT-P wheels

Certified Gearhead

Default Volk GT-P wheels

Ok, so thanks to a guy on 240atlanta, I have 4 Volk GT-Ps I can't use, the 2 front wheels aren't the same width. I will separate, to an extent. I'll only sell the 2 rear as a pair, but the front wheels I will separate. Anyways, the wheels are all in great shape, just the sizes won't work for me. Judging by the stickers not giving the correct actual size of the wheels, these have likely been re-barreled at one time or the centers swapped around for less axle pad thickness, thus altering the offsets.

The rear wheel sticker SAYS they're 18x10 +44 but when I put them on my 300ZX today just to check how they look, and they stick way the hell out. I posted on a 300ZX forum asking if they're supposed to stick out that far and one guy said his +25s stuck out that far on stock suspension, so that prompted me to measure. Regardless of what the +44 says on the sticker, these are +25. So they're perfect for 240SX guys, not so much for 300ZX guys. The tires are essentially new Dunlop Sport 9000 275/35/18 with a TON of life left. I will put a price of $900 on the 2 rears since GT-Ps are rare to find for sale, and they have very nice nearly new tires on them. I could separate and sell wheels only but I prefer to sell with tires.

One of the front wheels has a sticker that says 18x9 +37. That is incorrect as well. While it is an 18x9, the offset is +57. Using the same online converter, at 9" wide and a backspace of 7.25", that comes to +57. I have no clue what kinda car can use this offset. Anyways, it's in great shape just like all the others, just not the right size for me. I'll ask $325 for it.

The next wheel, which still has the tire, makes it difficult to measure it's proper size. It has no sticker on it with the size so I measured the total with of the 9" wheel, from edge to edge, and it came to 10". So I used this same method on this wheel which came to 9.5". I subtracted the inch, just like the previous wheel's total width gave me compared to it's actual width to come up with 8.5", so it's likely an 18x8.5. At 6.75" of backspace, that comes to a +51. I'll ask $325 for this one as well.

IA Member

do you still have the wheels For Sale if so hit Ml Up at 706615 7184

Certified Gearhead

Yes I still have them. PM me if you want to ask any ?s or make an offer.

these are my old wheels..they were on a sc 300 ..i sold them to a girl that broke one ..she sold and i guess next guy had it rebarreld..and they did it wrong..the guy that had these on c list new that they were not the same offset anymore..these are my fav wheels but are not worth much now
    warm snugly hugs.....:me:"hey thanks man..car is pretty cool." :mike:"not a problem..you want a hug to seal the sale?" :me:"i guess so..sure." :mike:"mmmmm..you smell nice." :me:"thanks..but can you take you hand off my ass?" :mike:"oh..yeah sure..in just a sec....shhhh..dont cry its ok..just go with it." :me:"im scared." :mike:"i know but it just feels right."

Certified Gearhead

Will also trade/partial trade for some guns, or parts I can use on my car like a boost controller, racing seats, universal stuff like that. Also some nice music gear, but I haven't found many people on this site who play guitar but just throwing it out there.

pic of these wheels on my old sc
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -cimg1929-jpg  
    warm snugly hugs.....:me:"hey thanks man..car is pretty cool." :mike:"not a problem..you want a hug to seal the sale?" :me:"i guess so..sure." :mike:"mmmmm..you smell nice." :me:"thanks..but can you take you hand off my ass?" :mike:"oh..yeah sure..in just a sec....shhhh..dont cry its ok..just go with it." :me:"im scared." :mike:"i know but it just feels right."

hang a left, make a right and you're there

man i love me some gt-ps, nice and simple, glws!