Thread: front end is shaking on my a6

Default front end is shaking on my a6

since the day i got my car i had a minor shake but nothing to worry about... my wheels are fine and i just put two new tires up front. i took my car to a local shop and they told me i had a bad tie rod... so i replace the outer tied and my wheels aligned and the shaking reduced alot... but some people have said that i need to replace the inner.... can some one please 2nd this? modding my car has came to a pause because of this .... so please help.

IA Member

what kind of suspension do you have?? if its aftermarket, i would start by checking to make sure everything is tight in your struts/coils/springs......whichever applies to you...........but i would definently try the inner tie rods......

could be tierods, but it's likely the upper control arms wearing out and the balljoints going bad. this is very common on these cars, and there are actually aftermarket kits with the upper and lower arms grouped together.

i would hope that the shop that did the alignment would have checked tierods and all of these parts before the alignment, but there are a lot of idiots working out there...

oh, and this is my post # 666 lol...
    You're right - I have no idea what I'm talking about...