Thread: 99 VW Golf GL transmission question

Unknown

Default 99 VW Golf GL transmission question

My automatic transmission is starting to slip and none of my friends will work on a german car.. can someone tell me what kind of transmission I have in my car and how I can fix this?

you have an automatic. the code will be located on the transmission bellhousing - see picture:

or, call the dealer and give them your vin - they will pull it up.

or, look at the sticker in your trunk under the carpeting - will be listed there.

sounds like the trans is toast, as it is cheaper to buy new/used than rebuild. once they start to slip, even if the fluid is low and is topped off, it is usually too late...
    You're right - I have no idea what I'm talking about...

If your lucky you can top pff the fluid and youll be ok but most likely you need to replace the trans.. good luck