Thread: EJ205 Swap Build

Default EJ205 Swap Build

Vuong's Garage does Subaru's TOO! I bought a swap for my car and unfortunately I don't have the knowledge and tools that Vuong's Garage can provide. They will be doing my full wire merge and I'll be right along side them doing anything I can to help get this motor dropped in and running. Here are the plans right now for the build. It will be getting a full stage II set up before it's dropped in.

Full OEM Overhaul gasket change with headgasket
    Full Gates Timing belt with idlers and water pump change
    Stage II:
    Catless downpipe
    Grimmspeed uppipe
    Grimmspeed crosspipe
    Grimmspeed PnP headers
    Upgrade turbo inlet
    TGV Delete
    Phenolic Thermal Manifold Spacer
    3" Exhaust
    STI pink injectors
    16G Turbo
    Cobb AP

"If in doubt flat out!" In memories of ~Colin Mcrae~

We started the break down process of the engine. Being a used engine and not knowing the internals of the motor, there was no telling what the inside would look like. After soaking in simple green and engine degreaser for a day and a half, we took a hose to the engine to wipe off all the dirt and oil build up. We only managed to get off one of the heads so far.

Upon inspection, it looks like the heads and short block are healthy. We are running into a slight problem with the other side. For some reason the cam gear bolt is stuck and wont budge. We've tried a 3 foot breaker bar, air gun, and impact and that bolt won't move at all. The tear down has come to a halt at the moment until we can get that cam gear bolt off, but will keep everyone posted.

those motors are pretty fun to assemble.

Finally got around to posting up pictures of the shortblock. Just in the process of cleaning all the carbon build up off the pistons. The short block looks to be in good shape. From here it's just a matter of reassembling everything back together. Just waiting on some more parts to come in as well as the wiring and well be good to go.

Finally got my TGV deletes done at another local shop. I took my TGV's up to AllPro to get them gutted. Great guys up there.

\

From here, we just start the reassemble and wait on more parts to come in. I'll keep you guys posted.

Finally got the TGV's installed and the intake manifold back onto the engine and it's almost ready to be dropped in!