Thread: Fighter Jet vs Motorcycle (ZX10-R) vs Porsche 911 turbo - VIDEO

When negotiations fail... Ruiner's Avatar

Default Fighter Jet vs Motorcycle (ZX10-R) vs Porsche 911 turbo - VIDEO

I love it. You can see the point where the bike loses the fight with aerodynamics. I love my 192mph stock top speed.

Page:
    http://www.planetvids.com/html/Top-Speed-Challenge.html

Direct Link:
    http://media.planetvids.com/pvids/To..._Challenge.wmv
    Last edited by Ruiner; 05-26-2005 at 03:19 PM.
    AIM: RuinerTT
    2005 Nissan Pathfinder LE

emartu

nice....but i think the bike was just slowing down, kinda hard for him to just whip it around at the end of the track.

its cool to see the different rates off acceleration, i wonder what kind of speed they hit??

Quote Originally Posted by chuck
    nice....but i think the bike was just slowing down, kinda hard for him to just whip it around at the end of the track.

its cool to see the different rates off acceleration, i wonder what kind of speed they hit??
    I don't believe that he was, actually. They still had a TON of room left to go. The bike will top out around 175ish with a perfectly tucked rider (from what my bike friends have said) or so while the car will hit 190+mph. Once over 100mph, the aerodynamics really hurt the bike while not hurting the car as much. That is why I have yet to lose to any 600cc bike from an 80mph punch on.

emartu

hmmm, i guess we'll never know....but i do know that the 250cc moto gp bike do 200+ effortlessly, but maybe they have more aero technology, and certianlly a lot more engine tech. i would think that a bike with 4 times the engine size would be at least comprable with that...but its so hard to tell

but doesn't it look like the porsche hits the run off shortly after he passed the bike??

but either way at 150+ MPH i would rather be on 4 wheels (all them being pushed), in a nice comfortable leather seat, listing to some music with the AC on...you gotta admit, not much around here comes close to the performance and luxuary that porsche brings to the table. and i do know that i would NOT want to be on a flimsy little bike with one wheel pushing having to fight the wind...

Quote Originally Posted by chuck
    hmmm, i guess we'll never know....but i do know that the 250cc moto gp bike do 200+ effortlessly, but maybe they have more aero technology, and certianlly a lot more engine tech. i would think that a bike with 4 times the engine size would be at least comprable with that...but its so hard to tell

but doesn't it look like the porsche hits the run off shortly after he passed the bike??

but either way at 150+ MPH i would rather be on 4 wheels (all them being pushed), in a nice comfortable leather seat, listing to some music with the AC on...you gotta admit, not much around here comes close to the performance and luxuary that porsche brings to the table. and i do know that i would NOT want to be on a flimsy little bike with one wheel pushing having to fight the wind...
    No, that wasn't the run off area. With that said, a 600cc bike won't do much more than 155mph or so. I know that a GSXR1000 will hit low 180s I do believe. The guy on the bike was still racing and tucked when the jet passed. The car wasn't far behind. I am sure that they were in the 150+mph area, though, if not higher.

What you want to look at is how fast will the bike go from 120 - 180mph and how fast will the car do the same? I am willing to bet that a 911 turbo will go from 120-180mph faster than the bike in the video.

Rollin solo in da low low Pablo's Avatar

that was pretty cool
    Pablo
    Original Member

what kind of plane is that? a MiG?
    Val RIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Halfwit
    my only rule in life
    1: NEVER UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, DATE A GIRL OFF IA, OR TELL A GIRLFRIEND ABOUT IA.

dude i got a video of a turboed gsx-r 600 hittin like 180 something. ..

I know this is out of restrictions yer but a (1300cc) 'busa turbo hitting 220mph... and quick too. I dont know if a 911 turbo can take that...
    then again, apples and oranges.. ya know?

Quote Originally Posted by RandomGuy
    dude i got a video of a turboed gsx-r 600 hittin like 180 something. ..

I know this is out of restrictions yer but a (1300cc) 'busa turbo hitting 220mph... and quick too. I dont know if a 911 turbo can take that...
    then again, apples and oranges.. ya know?
    Turbo'd GSXR-600 makes a huge difference over stock, yes?

funny how the placing was completely reversed after top speed was reached. Except, the porche's placement was constant.

bike
    porsche
    jet

JET
    Porche
    bike

Leisa and S. 4 Life NM?