Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Police Brutality or not?

Senior Member | IA Veteran

police brutality, yes. Deserved, yes. Our country is too soft on criminals. If you use a gun for any other reason than defending your own life, you should go to prison for life. Armed robbery of any sort, should carry a life sentence. Someone who picks up a gun and points it at another person for any reason outside of defense, is a criminal. They didnt make a mistake, they didnt have a momentary loss of judgement, it wasnt an accident... theyre a criminal.

Anyone who points a gun a police officer, whether successfully or unsuccessfully with their attempt at shooting them, should be put to death. Is it right for cops to beat someone for revenge? absolutely not, but it's well deserved. That person deserved to die the day he pulled a gun on a police officer. I'd arrest his mother for crying about it.

If that was my son...... he would have been beaten half to death before the cops got to him.
    Last edited by Sinfix_15; 07-18-2012 at 02:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinfix_15 View Post
    police brutality, yes. Deserved, yes. Our country is too soft on criminals. If you use a gun for any other reason than defending your own life, you should go to prison for life. Armed robbery of any sort, should carry a life sentence. Someone who picks up a gun and points it at another person for any reason outside of defense, is a criminal. They didnt make a mistake, they didnt have a momentary loss of judgement, it wasnt an accident... theyre a criminal.

Anyone who points a gun a police officer, whether successfully or unsuccessfully with their attempt at shooting them, should be put to death. Is it right for cops to beat someone for revenge? absolutely not, but it's well deserved. That person deserved to die the day he pulled a gun on a police officer. I'd arrest his mother for crying about it.

If that was my son...... he would have been beaten half to death before the cops got to him.

who is going to protect us from the police? Im sure you heard about the man that was killed in florida yesterday when the police who did not identify themselfs as police started banging on his door at 130am, the man answered his door with a gun in his hand and was shot and killed! guess what they had the wrong house the wrong guy! If this does not scare it should! Did the guy in the video deserve an ass beating sure probably. But we hold police to a higher standard and if they get away with beating this guy. Whats to stop them from beating people that have done nothing wrong? What if the person they beat was a grand parent of yours your mother or your father sister ect!
    Hella stock member!

Here is police brutality! Im glad to see these cops are doing time for beating this man to death for no reason! I am not anti police I hate police abusing there power and acting like military! being homeless is not a crime being out late at night is not a crime!

Kelly Thomas Beat to death by Police [Full Video] - YouTube
    Hella stock member!

I see no wrong do here.

Quote Originally Posted by silversol View Post
    who is going to protect us from the police? Im sure you heard about the man that was killed in florida yesterday when the police who did not identify themselfs as police started banging on his door at 130am, the man answered his door with a gun in his hand and was shot and killed! guess what they had the wrong house the wrong guy! If this does not scare it should! Did the guy in the video deserve an ass beating sure probably. But we hold police to a higher standard and if they get away with beating this guy. Whats to stop them from beating people that have done nothing wrong? What if the person they beat was a grand parent of yours your mother or your father sister ect!
    They should overhaul the regulations for the police too. They should have strict and very specific guidelines for engaging someone. I dont know how to make the system perfect.... but i look at police brutality like shark attacks. For every shark attack, 2903842903849028134908214 people are in a car accident, but every shark attack makes the news. There's bad cops, there's cops that make very poor mistakes.... but for every cop story like that, there's a 1000 guys walking in an alley that would shoot you in the face for your shoes. So even though the cops arent perfect, i side with them. I dont know how to fix it, thought about it for a while, cant come up with anything.

Senior Member | IA Veteran Catnip's Avatar

How about people not acting stupid until they're paying for their actions, then not owning up to it.

You strike an officer, or come at an officer, expect to be on the ground. Resist arrest on the ground, expect to get beat up until you're compliant. Simply. We learned this in preschool.
    '92 C2500 6.5 Turbo Diesel | '96 240sx

Makes me remember this...

AUGUSTA, GA - Orville Smith, a store manager for Best Buy in Augusta, Ga. told police he observed a customer, later identified as Tyrone Jackson of Augusta, on surveilance cameras putting a laptop computer under his jacket. When confronted the man became irate, knocked down an employee, drew a knife and ran for the door.

Outside on the sidealk were four Marines collecting toys for the Toys for Tots program. Smith said the Marines stopped the man, but he stabbed one of them, Cpt. Phillip Duggan, in the back; the injury did not appear to be severe.

After police and an ambulance arrived at the scene, Cpt. Duggan was taken for treatment.

"The subject was also transported to the local hospital with two broken arms, a broken ankle, a broken leg, several missing teeth, possible broken ribs, multiple contusions, assorted lacerations, a broken nose and a broken jaw ..... injuries he sustained when he slipped and fell off the curb after stabbing the Marine," according to a police report.

Quote Originally Posted by slow_hatch View Post

AUGUSTA, GA - Orville Smith, a store manager for Best Buy in Augusta, Ga. told police he observed a customer, later identified as Tyrone Jackson of Augusta, on surveilance cameras putting a laptop computer under his jacket. When confronted the man became irate, knocked down an employee, drew a knife and ran for the door.

Outside on the sidealk were four Marines collecting toys for the Toys for Tots program. Smith said the Marines stopped the man, but he stabbed one of them, Cpt. Phillip Duggan, in the back; the injury did not appear to be severe.

After police and an ambulance arrived at the scene, Cpt. Duggan was taken for treatment.

"The subject was also transported to the local hospital with two broken arms, a broken ankle, a broken leg, several missing teeth, possible broken ribs, multiple contusions, assorted lacerations, a broken nose and a broken jaw ..... injuries he sustained when he slipped and fell off the curb after stabbing the Marine," according to a police report.

I remember that. That was an awesome story and should be told to children in school. Wish there were more of these to be told.

Islander

hm.
    Last edited by ISAtlanta300; 07-18-2012 at 12:40 PM. Reason: Nevermind. Already addressed above. lol
    I got free clear tails with my ride.....

You all have valid points. I have read/seen all the cases you guys state above.

IMO... I have seen too many cases where police are trying to make a person "confess" and in the process deform their face/body from a beating and torture.
    Police abuse their power, same way politicians, and anyone with power does.
    IMO, these officers should be put in jail for the beating they gave this guy. He almost does not look human.

Quote Originally Posted by slow_hatch View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Catnip View Post
    I remember that. That was an awesome story and should be told to children in school. Wish there were more of these to be told.

It is also fake.

That fall from the 3rd story really fucked him up.

I'd arrest his mother for crying about it.

You beating him is different than 10 cops having him in handcuffs and doing as they please with him for 10 minutes while he is helpless unable to do anything or even cover himself.
    Sure what he did is wrong, and he DOES DESERVE life in prison.
    But, if I was his family, I would find out the cop's names with him on a jail visit and personally go and put each of the cops in a comma.
    Imagine that being your little brother and you will understand why it bothers me so much to see police brutality.

Cops did the right thing

AFA HOLLYWOOD PREMIER LEAGUE EST. 1998

Quote Originally Posted by silversol View Post
    Here is police brutality! Im glad to see these cops are doing time for beating this man to death for no reason! I am not anti police I hate police abusing there power and acting like military! being homeless is not a crime being out late at night is not a crime!

Kelly Thomas Beat to death by Police [Full Video] - YouTube
    I read the full article about this awhile back.
    He never resisted arrest. 6 cops tazered and beat him and only 2 got very small sentences.
    Video was found 2 years after the incident. At this point is when they realized that something had to be done.
    4 of the cops got away while 2 serve small sentences.
    They might as well get away with it.

Quote Originally Posted by nelson9995 View Post
    I read the full article about this awhile back.
    He never resisted arrest. 6 cops tazered and beat him and only 2 got very small sentences.
    Video was found 2 years after the incident. At this point is when they realized that something had to be done.
    4 of the cops got away while 2 serve small sentences.
    They might as well get away with it.
    If you watch the full video You will see he nothing but complient with the officers every demand. for the first 15 mins and after treating him like shit for that amout of time when he talks back thats when the police start ti beat him. And after brutaly beating this man they wait to call help for him. I have been pulled over in my younger days and talked down to and treated like shit. And I was a white clean cut collage student at the time. I am not a criminal I have no criminal history.

This is the kinda shit that gets under my skin with police and the brutality that goes on they for got its serve and protect not arrest and prosecute. I agree some people are real fuck ups and probably deserve a good ass beating. Its not the police job to dish out cowboy street justice. People have rights and the right to due process, even if they really are a piece of shit cops have not right to beat them I dont care what ever they said to get under the offices skin we should hold officers to a higher standard. Becase whats to keep them from beating you at a typical traffic stop if they get away with beating a man thats A piece of shit?

Also since im on a rant with police all the cops type shows on tv listin to what some of these cops are saying really listin! One show a officer was saying he loved working the night shift "and that no one had any business out a 3am they were automatic up to no good at 3 am" All I could think is who the fuck is he??? How does he know they are not doing the exact same thing he was doing at 3 am WORKING! People work night shifts there is absolutly no law that says you cant be out a 3am! Hell since breaking my back last year I have bad insomnia there are night I cant sleep I get in my car at 3am Drive around for a bit and tire myself out. Also the city curfue for minors is uncostitutional! Also on cops they only show the cops making the bust! But there is no law that says you cant be in a highcrime area , also how do you automaticly know your in a high crime area or what if you live there?. Cops always show them pulling a car over just for being in a "high crime area" and making a bust but they dont show the 20 other law biding people they pulled over for no reason.
    Hella stock member!

They should overhaul the regulations for the police too. They should have strict and very specific guidelines for engaging someone. I dont know how to make the system perfect.... but i look at police brutality like shark attacks. For every shark attack, 2903842903849028134908214 people are in a car accident, but every shark attack makes the news. There's bad cops, there's cops that make very poor mistakes.... but for every cop story like that, there's a 1000 guys walking in an alley that would shoot you in the face for your shoes. So even though the cops arent perfect, i side with them. I dont know how to fix it, thought about it for a while, cant come up with anything.

They should hold police accoutable for there actions. They should stop trying to make police like military. Like you said cops make poor mistakes they should be held accountable just like you are if you have a poor performance at your job. Yes I was shot by a piece of shit that was mad I was dating his ex girl friend. I know there are bad people out there. Thats why I am licenced to carry a firearm anywhere I am legaly aloud to carry im packing! Does that make me a criminal? Im sure some police think so. but thats my constitual right! Just like the man police in gwinnett county arrested for "crimnal tresspass" a felony! At a county park he was open carrying a fire arm which is perfectly LEGAL! It was thrown out in court but he still was arrested spent 12+ hours in a cell for doing something that was 100% legal! the cops are not judges and many have shown they dont know the law!
    Hella stock member!

Silversol- I agree with you 100% on all this man.

correct me if i am wrong, but i dont see any evidence whatsoever that this was POLICE BRUTALITY. 1 guy on the video who is UNIDENTIFIED we dont even know who the fuck he is says "it was clear police took matters into their own hands" and ...................thats it. LOL

Seriously? Wtf kind of investigative report is that?

Who was that guy? A detective? an Actor?
    Enterprise Data Resources- Ecommerce Project Manager
    -www.usedbarcode.net

The answer is yes, it was police brutality. Lol. Quote from Wikipedia:

At trial, Christopher Zarrella, a state police detective who helped in the arrest, testified that he had punched Carpio in the face three times. According to that day's testimony, Zarrella broke bones in Carpio's face.[3]

Can't get the source link to open on my phone, but you get the idea.

NIKON Squad member 01

I HAVE SUBS AND CAMERAS AND LENSES FO SALE
    OF*C
    OEMFitment Crew Memeber 01

Quote Originally Posted by .blank cd View Post
    The answer is yes, it was police brutality. Lol. Quote from Wikipedia:

At trial, Christopher Zarrella, a state police detective who helped in the arrest, testified that he had punched Carpio in the face three times. According to that day's testimony, Zarrella broke bones in Carpio's face.[3]

Can't get the source link to open on my phone, but you get the idea.
    did i miss something? where was that in the video?
    -www.usedbarcode.net

The video was quite shitty. But you get the jest of it. Dude kills cop, leaps out of 3rd story window, comes back to court with injuries that are fairly inconsistent with a 20-30ft fall.

NIKON Squad member 01

I HAVE SUBS AND CAMERAS AND LENSES FO SALE
    OF*C
    OEMFitment Crew Memeber 01

ok good that video sucked balls.

But yeah Police are held to a higher standard, you cant beat up people just because of their despicable actions. Rule of Law needs to be followed IMO
    -www.usedbarcode.net

amen

To you all... I have personally seen this guy. He lives in my hometown.
    Rhode Island Supreme Court hears Esteban Carpio appeal | WPRI.com

here is his appeal

I think it's funny I've had quite a few interactions with police officers/sheriffs/GSP and never got beat up.

May have something to do with being respectful and polite. Not condoning anything, but if you're not a fucking douchebag and follow the laws, there's no reason for you to get your ass beat by a law enforcement agent.

Quote Originally Posted by Catnip View Post
    I think it's funny I've had quite a few interactions with police officers/sheriffs/GSP and never got beat up.

May have something to do with being respectful and polite. Not condoning anything, but if you're not a fucking douchebag and follow the laws, there's no reason for you to get your ass beat by a law enforcement agent.
    was kelly thomas being a douche? He was as polite as you can be and still got abused and ultimately killed.

Senior Member | IA Veteran 1civic's Avatar

2 different story's but close to home here in Cobb County.

Story 1

Could they not have tased him, even pepper spray?

Link 1:
    Teen Killed By Cobb Police Was To Graduate This Year - Smyrna-Vinings, GA Patch

Story 2

Read this... 5 mins from my house!! AND I KNOW OF THE COP, HE IS A PRICK!!!

Link 2: Unarmed man shot by police - News and Politics Boards

And now this info listed about the Officer, I mean really, could they give him anymore chances? WTF!!

The Cobb County police officer who shot and killed a Cumming man in
    Mableton last month has been on administrative leave three times in the
    past eight years and has been counseled by the department to use
    "better judgement" in high stress incidents with the public, according
    to records obtained by South Cobb Patch.

On May 19, Cobb County police officer Sean Henry shot and killed
    Matthew Murdock of Cumming in Mableton. Henry was put on administrative
    leave following Murdock's death, making it his third paid
    administrative leave during his eight years with the department as the
    result of internal affairs investigations.

Officer Mike Bowman, spokesman for Cobb Police, said the Board of
    Commissioners' "progressive discipline" policy states that individuals
    can be placed on as many as 10 days of administrative leave during
    internal affairs investigations to determine whether disciplinary action
    is appropriate.

Henry was placed on administrative leave as the Cobb County Public
    Safety Department's internal affairs investigated an April 2006 incident
    of which he, along with a Cobb County Police corporal and two other
    officers, were later exonerated.

According to the incident report, officers arrived to a Marietta home
    after being informed that a man, Alfred Fleming, was assaulting a
    woman. According to the officers’ and witnesses’ statements, Fleming
    ignored the officers’ commands, so he was sprayed at least 10 times with
    pepper spray and hit 39 times in the thigh with a baton.

Timothy Weaver, an investigator for the Cobb County Medical
    Examiner's Office, determined that Fleming’s death was an accident
    caused by irregular heartbeat as a result of cocaine use.

Henry was also put on administrative leave from Feb. 26, 2009 to
    March 10, 2009 during a second internal affairs investigation. The
    investigation is still open and pending, police said. They said that
    they cannot release any details, including the reason for the
    investigation.

Henry’s most recent paid administrative leave ended on May 29, 10
    days after he shot Murdock, according to information in his personnel
    record, which South Cobb Patch obtained through an open
    records request. Henry is currently on administrative duty, but is
    not on patrol.

Henry also received a letter of reprimand dated Dec. 1, 2010 from
    Deputy Police Chief Ronald Storey after being involved in a county
    vehicle accident that was later deemed preventable.

In Henry’s latest annual performance appraisal, his strengths are
    listed as taking pride in his personal appearance, arriving 30 minutes
    prior to his shift and giving back to the community when he is not
    working by coaching children at a local private school.

It is also stated in the appraisal that Henry “begins the day with a positive outlook and is very charismatic.”

However, in the same evaluation, it states, “Officer Henry agrees
    that he needs to improve his interpersonal skills when dealing with the
    confrontational citizens he interacts with during the performance of
    his daily activities.”

Henry’s annual appraisal forms rated his job performance as “good.”
    However, most of the annual evaluations indicated that Henry should
    make firearms score improvement a goal.

Another goal from an appraisal of Henry’s job performance from Oct.
    1, 2008 to Sept. 30, 2009 is that he “learn to relax during high stress
    incidents in order to view the larger picture of what is occurring”
    and to “be more cautious of his officer safety.”

During this same time period, Henry received two Critical Incident
    Reminders for injuring himself during a vehicle pursuit of a suspect and
    for calling a complainant “fat” while handling a domestic dispute.

Henry was also counseled after cutting off another officer during a pursuit.

In other previous appraisals, Henry has been advised to use “better judgment during critical incidents.”

According to one report, Henry is frequently injured on and off duty,
    which led to 38 days of light duty work from Oct. 1, 2005 to Sept.
    30, 2006.

Cobb Police continue to investigate the shooting of Murdock, which
    occurred after he was stopped by a Cobb police officer as he left a
    business parking lot in Mableton. According to police, a Cobb Sheriff’s
    deputy, who stopped to assist, had a physical confrontation with
    Murdock. Henry arrived, saw the struggle and fired shots, police said,
    after he saw Murdock reach for what he believed to be a weapon.

Police have not reported whether a weapon was found on Murdock.

Stay Humble

He got what he deserved...period.

Quote Originally Posted by nelson9995 View Post
    You beating him is different than 10 cops having him in handcuffs and doing as they please with him for 10 minutes while he is helpless unable to do anything or even cover himself.
    Sure what he did is wrong, and he DOES DESERVE life in prison.
    But, if I was his family, I would find out the cop's names with him on a jail visit and personally go and put each of the cops in a comma.
    Imagine that being your little brother and you will understand why it bothers me so much to see police brutality.
    I dont feel sorry for someone who shoots a cop. You shouldnt feel compassion for someone who has no respect for authority or human life. He's not a person, he's a rabid dog that needs to be put down. If my brother killed a police officer, i wouldnt be in the court room crying over my brother..... id be asking the family of the police officer if there was anything i could do for them.

DYLAN DYLAN DYLAN DYLAN!1 Black R's Avatar

It doesn't matter.

The law is the law.

Cops are sworn to uphold the law, PROTECT and SERVE.

If they are breaking the law, then essentially criminals are now wearing blue.

There can be no grey area here.

Quote Originally Posted by Tasuki_Civic
    i woke up to the feeling of someone cutting my clothes from my pants to my bra. all in one cut

Islander

I dont feel sorry for someone who shoots a cop. You shouldnt feel compassion for someone who has no respect for authority or human life. He's not a person, he's a rabid dog that needs to be put down. If my brother killed a police officer, i wouldnt be in the court room crying over my brother..... id be asking the family of the police officer if there was anything i could do for them.
    All true, however, they CAN NOT take the law into their own hands. Period.
    I got free clear tails with my ride.....

He deserved to get a beat down....His family cried about his face but what about the officers wife,kids knowing that daddy got his face shot off...There are asshole cops and everyone knows that but i would say 1 out of 100 are asses...You cant call a cop an ass for giving you a ticket for doing 90mph in a 55 zone or shooting someone that's naked coming at them with a knife,They are doing there job...Cops are not robots and they want to go home every night to there familys..Think about it,what would you do.... The guy in the video should not be breathing our air!

You sir are a fucking moron!So tell me,if that was your dad or brother would you still defend this guy?This is not a person,its a fucking dog that needs to be shot in the fucking head....

FTP

Sent From My Omega Red Galaxy S2

He fell down your honor seriously

Quote Originally Posted by kevint2 View Post
    He deserved to get a beat down....His family cried about his face but what about the officers wife,kids knowing that daddy got his face shot off...There are asshole cops and everyone knows that but i would say 1 out of 100 are asses...You cant call a cop an ass for giving you a ticket for doing 90mph in a 55 zone or shooting someone that's naked coming at them with a knife,They are doing there job...Cops are not robots and they want to go home every night to there familys..Think about it,what would you do.... The guy in the video should not be breathing our air!
    Your missing the point. You are innocent untill proven guilty. Although now thay try to make it guilty untill proven innocent. Yes did the guy deserve to be shot in the head Yeah probably But thats not up to the officers. And If they are willing to do this to him and see they can get away with it. Whats to stop them from beating you that way when you speed 90 in a 55? Whats to stop them from beating your mother Or one of your elderly grandparents?
    Hella stock member!

Quote Originally Posted by -EnVus- View Post
    He fell down your honor seriously

Just fyi this is a guy that wants to be a police officer. And what I have seen from him Im sure he will fit right in....
    Hella stock member!

When he pulled that officers gun and shot him in the face he was GUILTY from that moment. Who knows what he did or tried during his recapture but he only got his ass beat thats a great thing considering.
    Last edited by -EnVus-; 07-19-2012 at 11:27 PM.

Cops went too far man. Look at the Kelly Thomas case. Have you seen the video? People with power abuse it. It is a known fact. Same goes to politicians, business owners, etc...
    they are the rock, you are the egg. No matter what way you run into each other they will get away with it. That is the scary part.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast