Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nick Hogan<Drifting(video)

Quote Originally Posted by estis fatuus
    Mike god bless you sir. Read my previous post. We essentially went through and broke it all down for the people.
    haha, yeah. See ya in SC man... you leavin fri eve. too?
    02' Miata

Quote Originally Posted by fut3142
    still though as an amatuer that just started drifting he didn't do all that bad...yeah he wrecked the car pretty bad but for someone that just started drifting i thought he did pretty decent...as a 15 or 16 year old kid that is driving a car that doesn't belong to him and is not used to that car, who wouldn't be scared of the car???
    but i guess hulk has no worries thats pocket change to him
    Its not that he isnt trying to learn, we all started somewhere. Its the fact that he tries to run with the big boys right out of the gate rather then going through a process of small, no name events and practice days to get used to the car. It seems to me that he grabbed the car, got come pointers from Sam and runs out to Irwindale to prove something. Irwindale is NOT a track for anyone in their first year of drifting/learning. Now if you spent every single day out there, then yes, you would be good in [hopefully] less then a year. But the downside to that is you only learn one track. To get proper techniques down, you have to try MANY different configurations of track layouts to learn different techniques. I'd like to see a video of him at an event like drift fury or something.

Personally, i think he would learn more if he got a lower HP can and really had to throw the car around to get it to drift... you learn so much more that way.

And why do we waste our time with this? Because when you put yourself on a pedestal in the public eye, you are putting yourself out for open criticism/comment.
    02' Miata

All Motor.. For Now

his family records a ahit load, i heard he jsut got his drift license a few months ago?

All Motor.. For Now

i wonder how sam felt after crashing his baby

Quote Originally Posted by Sibsr20
    i wonder how sam felt after crashing his baby

As much as their probably paying him, i doubt it. Besides, isnt he suposed to be running the Charger next session?
    -Super cool .gif TO UNBAN JITB, JM, Buttons AND NEMISIS here-

Quote Originally Posted by DropTopDrifter
    haha, yeah. See ya in SC man... you leavin fri eve. too?
    Yep yep, probably gonna put down a few beers at the hotel in S.C., in celebration of the impending festivities.

still though as an amatuer that just started drifting he didn't do all that bad...yeah he wrecked the car pretty bad but for someone that just started drifting i thought he did pretty decent...as a 15 or 16 year old kid that is driving a car that doesn't belong to him and is not used to that car, who wouldn't be scared of the car???
    To quote a classic: "You can't just step in the ring with Ali, cause you think you can box."

There are an infinite number of amateur drivers all over the states who would probably give anything for the opportunity to show what they can do behind the wheel of that car. Not Nick Hogan, he's nothing more than a fan boy who gets what he wants when he wants it. If he took the time to work his way up, he'd find, that not only would have the skills he needs to be good, but he'd probably be able to become a professional with ease what with his daddy backing him financially.

leave nick alone. let him do his thing... like his lil buddy said, theres hatorade everywhere...

Quote Originally Posted by myfonti
    leave nick alone. let him do his thing... like his lil buddy said, theres hatorade everywhere...

Banned

lol he needs to start out slow, trying to drift a Viper with no experince...= dee dee dee

what a waste starting out with a to powerful car
    project- boost coming soon !

Drifter/Kneedragger

he didn't just start drifting.... he'd been doing driving schools and one on one training with Hubinette for almost a year before he tried to qualify for formula D in the videol

the kid just needs to face it that you can't just go to the top ranks because of who your dad is. he's been racing open wheeled cars with hulk for a while and has plenty of driving experience, he just needs to take it down a notch and get some quality seat time before he tries to call himself a pro. the fact of it is that he'll try to qualify again, probably botch it like this time and then give up and move on to something else.

Drifter/Kneedragger

Quote Originally Posted by acura8851
    what a waste starting out with a to powerful car

nothing to do with power. everything to do with experience.

if you saw the episode of their crappy reality show you'd have seen how he blames it all on the car when it was clearly his fault that he hit the wall. i've seen the video enough times to know he panicked and looked at the wall and locked them up. again, he's not a terrible driver, but he lacks the experience needed to jump into the pro ranks.

Certified Gearhead

Default ...

you can laugh at him but his pappa still has more badass cars than anyone on IA

lol with my skills i would of laster a bit longer and im pretty shitty at the whole drifting thing.

Certified Gearhead

if he spent just one weekend at a driving school he would know the most important thing to know about a track incident...

to look where you want to go

Certified Gearhead

[QUOTE=HiPSI]he didn't just start drifting.... he'd been doing driving schools and one on one training with Hubinette for almost a year before he tried to qualify for formula D in the videol

sorry i dont follow nick hogan's life that closely

Quote Originally Posted by Gilgamesh
    if he spent just one weekend at a driving school he would know the most important thing to know about a track incident...

to look where you want to go

he has a personal driving coach, and has been involved in a few (that i know of) track schools. He is just too inexperienced for Irwindale to be starting out there, the torque monster of a viper is WAY too much car for a beginner, and he definitely panic'd. Honestly, i can say i would have stuck it in the wall just the same.... He has potential just like every other driver out there starting out, its just the fact he isnt starting out like the rest.....not very humbling in my opinion, but he is afterall the hulksters son...he does have a name to live up to

The episode is on vh1 now

Yo he crashed thats bitch twice. The first time broke the spindle and his dad made a call to get a brand new viper off the showroom floor to steal a spindle. Then after he hit the second time his dad told him nothing would every be given to him and he's glad it wont be.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12