Thread: Beams 3s-ge black top

IA Member

Default Beams 3s-ge black top

Okay everyone, my project ran into too many bumps and is getting too costly, so I am going a new route. Having said that, I'm putting my motor up for sale. more details of the condition, and more pictures can be found in my build thread.

BEAMS 3S-GE black top,6- speed trans

-beams1-120-jpg
    -beams1-119-jpg-beams1-122-jpg-beams1-123-jpg-beams1-127-jpg

THE GOOD:

-The motor was brought over from japan about four years ago (before the earthquake/ flood) so there is no concern about the motor having been submerged or dropped. I have owned it for the last two years and it's never been installed into a car here in the states.

-The motor looked good during its compression and leak down tests, and both the bottom end and head have been verified good since.

-The intake manifold has been painted and the valve cover has been powder coated.

-The rear main seal has been replaced, and included with this sale is a new front main seal.

-This motor comes with lots of extras. Included will be: a universal AEM wiring adapter kit, many new sensors, a set of EVO 8 injectors that have been verified as good, as well as some optional 5s-fe parts (oil pan, oil cooler)

-The clutch/flywheel are in great shape.

THE BAD

-A timing belt will be needed.

-The motor does not come with a wiring harness or ECU. HOWEVER, included will be a bundle of "painless wiring" wires that are all marked what system they are for. Using an AEM, it will be easy to put together a wiring harness. Also included will be a BEAMS base map on a usb for an AEM.

-The oil pans (original and 5s) have been cut. They needed to be notched to fit my project, but it didn't work out. I WILL REPAIR THE ORIGINAL PAN BEFORE SALE. The BEAMS uses an upper/lower pan combination and only the lower pan was cut.

I am asking $1600 for this motor.
    If you are interested send me a PM

IA Member

forgot to mention, the water pump has been replaced as well. i also have some turbo stuff that can be negotiated in as well (wrx turbo, boost controller, etc)

IA Member

update:

The oil pump has been replaced, this allows a 5S-FE oil pan to be used. I've got one started up it's been modified with a oil return for a turbo and a dipstick (pics will be up after the crank scraper is on). An oil cooler/ sandwich plate adapter has been added as well. -img_20131210_153156_267-jpg