Thread: 2002 Lexus IS300 $6000

Default 2002 Lexus IS300 $4500

2002 Lexus IS300

My Silver 2002 Lexus IS300 with 190,XXX miles is up for sale. Manual JDM W58 transmission purchased from Nad auto. Gates timing belt was installed summer of 2013 at 180,000 miles. Denso radiator was installed summer of 2013. A/C blows cold, heat blows hot. Factory stereo was replaced with Jensen CD/DVD single din flip screen (DVD plays at all times). Speakers are Eclipse. Factory Limited Slip Differential Option. Car is lowered on Tein lowering springs and Tokico Shocks. 18" Enkei RPF1 wheels, slotted brake rotors, steel braided brake lines and upgraded Sway Bars (forgot which brand, blue in color). Greddy pulleys, Greddy Gauges (boost, EGT, oil pressure), and Greddy Exhaust. K&N air filter. Engine has been upgraded with non-VVTI 2JZ-GE short block, 2JZ-GTE oil pump, 2JZ-GTE Headgasket, ARP Headstuds and ARP Rod Bolts.

I bought this car about 3.5 years ago and it has been my daily driver since. I have commuted from Atlanta to Cartersville and Newnan during that time, hence the high miles. The previous owner had installed a turbo kit on the car however it was removed prior to my ownership. This led to the original shortblock having rod bearing failure and transmission failure. These failures are why the engine shortblock was upgraded and the transmission. The W55 bellhousing and tail housing were swapped to make the transmission fit.

The good: The engine runs well and the transmission shifts smooth. The ride is firm but not uncomfortable. Handles very well. Still turns heads. Speakers sound nice. Exhaust sounds great. Toyota reliability is great.

The bad: Valve cover gaskets need to be changed, rear tires are ok, headlights could use restoration, one foglight bulb blown, front bumper tab broken, front side marker lens cracked, rear bumper scratched, driver's front door scratched. CHECK ENGINE LIGHT is on for 3 of the 4 o2 sensors. Any perspective buyers are welcome to check the codes with a scanner. I also have one you may use.

The car was registered outside the 13 county Atlanta metro-area where emissions is required but if you need emissions, the sensors need to be replaced. I will be trading the car in within the next week if it doesn't sell but I wanted to give someone in the community the chance to have it.

Overall, the car is in good shape for a 12 year old daily driver. I have made every effort to be as open and honest about everything with the car but I may have missed a thing or two.

Asking price $4500 OBO
    Phone number: 404.667.3049 (prefer text)

Car is located in Downtown Atlanta area.

Make sure you upload pictures using "Manage attachments" button below or by uploading pictures to imgur: the simple image sharer
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -photo-2-5-jpg   -photo-1-4-jpg   -photo-2-4-jpg   -photo-2-2-jpg   -photo-1-2-jpg  

-photo-3-3-jpg   -photo-1-3-jpg   -photo-2-3-jpg   -photo-3-2-jpg   -photo-4-2-jpg  

-photo-5-2-jpg  
    Last edited by Professor X; 01-18-2014 at 04:47 PM. Reason: Price reduction

I have found my next car so the price has been reduced to $4500.

I also still have the stock wheels and will include or swap for a reduced price.

Sold!

Twas a nice car to drive.