Thread: 1982 Toyota Corolla Sport Coupe. TE72 SR5. $2200 but prefer a trade.

IA Member

Default 1982 Toyota Corolla Sport Coupe. TE72 SR5. $2200 but prefer a trade.

Really just seeing what's out there - I have a TE72 Corolla Coupe up for trade... The car is my project/daily driver - it's a really cool, somewhat rare classic Toyota. I rescued this car from a field in Mississippi several months ago and I've had a great time working on it... the car is all original, ~120k original miles - 2 owner car, clear title, ultra dependable and economical. I wouldn't hesitate to take it cross country tomorrow.

The Good:
    -3TC engine runs very strong, great compression, recently adjusted the valves and fresh oil change.
    -Smog Pump and EGR systems removed/blocked off (Car is emissions exempt)... have the entire system running off 2 vacuum lines with the stock carb. Stock parts will go with the car. PCV is rerouted in a way that makes sense with a breather filter and oil separator.
    -Super clean underneath - doesn't leak anything (can put the car on a lift to prove it!)
    -New tires have less than 1000 miles on them
    -New NGK Spark plugs and wires
    -All hoses and vacuum lines have been replaced
    -New wipers!
    -New Wheel Cylinders
    -Rebuilt brake master cylinder
    -New water pump, thermostat, and coolant
    -New Silver star headlights, running lights have been wired as blinkers and period correct fog lights act as the running lights using all stock connectors... so no electrical issues
    -New Idler arm, Pitman arm, and recent alignment - steering is tight and true.
    -New gear oil in trans and recent differential flush
    -T50 transmission shifts great, no play, and no grinding
    -interior is spotless, door cards are great, back seats and parcel shelf are pristine.
    -custom wood shift knob and plaid shift boot.
    -OEM replacement parts and performance parts are cheap for this thing... AE86 suspension parts are interchangeable as well as a number of other parts.
    -Pioneer CD player and speakers... old but functional.
    -all glass is in great shape.
    -planning on shaving the stock bumpers this week

The bad:
    -The dash is cracked on top... I may address this pretty soon though... car is a work in progress.
    -Drivers seat needs to be recovered as its worn pretty bad - I have a cover on it that matches the interior.
    -Stock aisin carb sucks - the car idles a little high no matter what... I've rebuilt it, cleaned it, and spent countless hours adjusting the mixture with no luck. Idles happily at 1400 rpms warm and 2500 when cold/choked. I get about 25-28mpg on average with it this way. Will include dual 40mm Makuni Side draft carbs and manifold for the right trade.
    -Has dent in the driver side rear quarter panel that has been pulled, bondoed, and primed... its a rough repair at best - previous owner made the repair ~15 years ago. I think it adds character.
    -Could use struts and shocks... planning on doing both within the next week or so.

This car is a survivor and I've been all the way through it, several times... like I said I'm just seeing what's out there - I'm looking for another similar project... something that I can drive daily while I work on it. Mainly looking for older, RWD cars and trucks.

Would like an RA65 Celica, AE86 Corolla, Cressida, old Datsuns and Nissans, fox body mustang, old diesel Mercedes, Dodge Conquest, Mitsu Starion, MK2 Golf/Jetta/GTI Volkswagen's, FB and FC RX7's, Lexus SC300 and SC400, Honda Wagovan or first generation Odyssey, Prelude, old Subaru's, E30 BMW's, older Volvo's. Chances are if you think its cool I will too. I'm open to all offers, worst I can say is no... running or almost running is preferred.
    Shoot me a text at (662)808-996Nine.

Lots of pictures in my CL ad:
    1982 Toyota Corolla SR5 Sport Coupe. TE72

[URL=http://s1316.photobucket.com/user/paperbagfest/media/Mobile%20Uploads/received_m_id_620962394581839_3_zps2d47ab89.jpeg.h tml]
    Last edited by Paper Bag; 12-28-2013 at 05:45 AM.

Hmmm...we should meet up. I'm in Woodstock as well.

'82 TE72 SR5 Sport Coupe
    3tc

IA Member

dropped and broke my phone... Had to switch to a backup... Call or text me your number so we can meet up.

You got PM
    '82 TE72 SR5 Sport Coupe
    3tc

IA Member

Car has been rehomed just down the street from me to D3UC3S... Cool dude and a cool car swap

Nice meeting you man. Car is cool as hell and is gonna be a fun project tht is more kid friendly.
    '82 TE72 SR5 Sport Coupe
    3tc

TOYOTA1515

TE72 sport coupe is an awesome car to deal with!here are some motivational pictures

SR20 Carbed Datsun B310

Seen the white one. Never seen the red one! Looks hard as hell bro! Thanks Juan!

red one is my motivation!
    '82 TE72 SR5 Sport Coupe
    3tc

Car is up for sale again...2500 OBO.

Weber 32/36 downdraft with new filter installed(needs tuning)
    New plugs/wires
    New lower radiator hose
    AC deleted
    Rear wheel cylinder is bad but comes with brand new one.
    Rear bumper has been shaved down.

Seriously this is a great project for cheap. 120,7xx ORIGINAL MILES ON THE 3tc!!!! Do your research!!
    6787081365 call me for details. Car is still in Woodstock and for the right price I will throw in a new 4-1 header. Call me or Matt. Or text..doesn't matter. Lots of the old school guys can vouch for this car. Car runs flawless when the carb is tuned, stock carb was just slow. Carb purchased from Dragoncelica and is stamped "made in Spain". Real deal parts.

Recent pics of the car:

I also have a build thread in the old school forum if you want more details.
    '82 TE72 SR5 Sport Coupe
    3tc

Bump for a cheap old school project.
    '82 TE72 SR5 Sport Coupe
    3tc

Bump it up!!
    '82 TE72 SR5 Sport Coupe
    3tc

Car runs and idles now. Text me for video. Weber whistles like hell. Wheel cylinder still needs replacing but I have the part to fix it. I would be willing to help fix it if you wanted to come pick it up and drive it home!!!
    '82 TE72 SR5 Sport Coupe
    3tc

Quote Originally Posted by D3UC3S View Post
    Car runs and idles now. Text me for video. Weber whistles like hell. Wheel cylinder still needs replacing but I have the part to fix it. I would be willing to help fix it if you wanted to come pick it up and drive it home!!!
    Hey D3uc3s do you still have this car? Are you on Instagram? hmu @notx