Thread: FS/WTT: 1992 Lexus SC300 2JZGTE -9000K/OBO

ASAP's Medic w/ a 1J Firefightin_tC's Avatar

Default FS/WTT: 1992 Lexus SC300 2JZGTE -9000K/OBO

Ladies and Gentlemen. . .

. . .what I have here is a 1992 Lexus SC300.

The joy of this car that it holds the heart of a MKIV Toyota Supra. . .the coveted 2JZ-GTE motor and Aristo automatic transmission. This was installed by the good folks at Zen Motors and the wiring harness was completed by Jon from Garage Zero. It was dyno'd at 277whp and 278trq at 9psi last month at 3Face Racing. I've had the car completed for about a year and I haven't had a single mechanical hiccup since that time.

It comes complete with 255lph fuel pump and 550cc injectors and it's complimented with a full FMIC and GReddy BOV. Needless to say when the stock twins spool up it sounds ghastly. . .and yes. . .you read it right, it still has the stock twins with manual boost controller. The gases are expelled by a 3" stainless steel exhaust with two 4" Megan mufflers at the end to give a deep tone at idle. It sits on an 18x8.5 5Ziegn F10NR-C with Toyota Supra struts with Falken (Yes, Falken) springs which give it a solid yet sturdy drop without sacrificing comfort. The fenders had been rolled by the previous owner so it can easily fit a more aggressive offset if needed.

Inside there are two JIC seats matched with the OEM brackets so it sits strong and still utilizes the OEM seatbelts. Steering is held with a NRG hub and a Grip Royal black leather steering wheel. A Clarion touchscreen controls the 4" Rockford speakers and the 6x9" Rockfords in the back with an Alpine amp in the back. . .completely ready to add a subwhooper if so desired.

Now with a 21 year old car there are some issues that need to be address before moving forward.

-The AC/Heat wasn't connected when the swap was completed. The compressor and all the bits and pieces are there, it just didn't have the wires extended for it. It wasn't a major problem for me because it was used as a spring and summer car.

-The passenger side window regulator has just broken. It's a 90 dollar fix and it's simply nothing more but a swappable plug and play. . .once again my laziness has struck and with it being the passenger side it never really bothered me.

-As they known for there gauge cluster are going out and two needles are burnt out.

-With that the interior, when first purchased was ****. Some of the problem areas of the door panels were address and some were beyond repair. But it doesn't take away from the door, just small issues that bugged me for a while until I was able to source new ones. Which I haven't been able to do yet.

-Several small dings from its age and the paint is solid but could use a solid coat of clear.

-The interior carpet was painted black prior to getting the car and could use a touch up here and there.

The car needs to be seen to appreciate for what it's worth. It's a true definition of a 'sleeper' that really wakes up once it hits second gear. It continues to put a smile on my face when I drive it around just to burn up some gas. It's definitely humbled plenty of cars and for what it's worth, this has been a fun ride. . .

. . .but like all things, it must come to an end.

It's a far cry from being complete and with a garage full of projects. . .HKS FDC. . .LS400 BBK with Rotors. . .this thing has the potential to be something more than just a weekend warrior if you want it. It's turn key ready. . .and it's a better deal that most 240s. . .Civics. . .or anything else like it.

It's called the Poor Man's Supra for a reason.

With that, let's talk numbers. I'm looking for 9,000. . .and of course it's OBO but let's be realistic, folks. Don't waste mine and I won't waste yours. The car is in the garage for the winter and worse come to worse, she'll stay there until it's time to come out and play again.

Trades? Sure. . .I'll entertain trades but realize what you're getting and what you're willing to give up on your end. (I.E. Cash on your end.)

So. . .you're still reading? You interested? Of course you are! So give me a call. . .let's talk. What's the worse that can happen!

404.449.9712. . .if I don't pick up. . .leave a voicemail..or text for quicker replies!

I'm know I'm leaving stuff out...so please ask questions as you need too.

--Edit:

Those with 98-2004 Lexus GS300 get special consideration...but please understand what you're getting and let's try not to be shocked or offended when cash on top is requested. I'm not giving this car away for peanuts, kids. I already understand I'm taking a loss but this was never intended on making me money but at the same time, I'm not looking for 240's, Civics or anything of the lot. But thanks for playing.

Last edited by Firefightin_tC; 12-07-2013 at 08:39 AM.
    IA's Sexiest Black Man 2009!
    From a Boosted Scion tC to a 1JZ-GTE SC300 to 2JZ-GTE SC300
    www.asapcarclub.com
    www.clublexus.com

GLWS!!! After all you went through, to see this car go... I'm sad for you. I would snatch it up myself, but I'm $8,999 short.

Would you accept coupons as payment?

I know right. I'd be lying if that wasn't a underlying reason. I just grew unattached to the car when I got it back. After so much waiting...it's a shame but I got bigger things in mind.
    www.asapcarclub.com
    www.clublexus.com

Certified Gearhead

Wouldn't have any interest in other twin turbo cars, would ya?

Bump !

The EMPIRE

Quote Originally Posted by EmminoDaGreat View Post
    Bump !
    This is what I get for not sticking with what and who I know. I'll never stray from Mainstream ever again, I promise! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Matt300ZXT View Post
    Wouldn't have any interest in other twin turbo cars, would ya?
    Depends on whatca got?! The worst I can say is no!
    www.asapcarclub.com
    www.clublexus.com

Certified Gearhead

A 300ZX Twin Turbo with some mods/maintenance records.

I appreciate, but I respectfully decline.

Looking for something a bit bigger.
    www.asapcarclub.com
    www.clublexus.com

IA Member

I've got a very solid 2004 chevy avalanche. This thing is itching for a coat of Cadillac pearl white and about an 1/8th inch of clear, lol. Has the trans been touched to hold more power, tc or a new clutch pack?

My 98 gs300... BLK/BLK 164XXX... You can keep your seats and wheels. I just need the chassis and motor setup.

Got more pictures? Definitely interested in that. Sorry for the late response...kinda forgot I even posted this here during the holidays.
    www.asapcarclub.com
    www.clublexus.com

Text or call me at 404.449.9712
    www.asapcarclub.com
    www.clublexus.com