Thread: 1991 Toyota Cressida Twin Turbo $5500obo

Default 1991 Toyota Cressida Twin Turbo $5500obo

1991 Toyota Cressida

What I have here is a 1991 Toyota Cressida with a 1JZGTE swap in it with a 2JZ auto transmission and a 2800 stall. Here is the history about the car:

I purchased the car 3 years ago. The car was said to only need a few wires run and that was it. I purchased the car and sent it over to Garage Zero. John over at GZ got the wiring done and when I went over to hear it start up for the first time the car just turned over and that was it.

After a few days of swapping out parts and checking everything we could we found out that the ECU had some blown caps so we ordered a new ECU. Once the ECU came in the car started up just fine and ran great. I went over to pick the car up and put it in reverse and guess what, there was no click. We pushed the car back and then I put it into drive to at least get it out of the shop. It clicked into drive but it was 2nd gear. I got the car out of the shop and home, with only 2nd gear and a slipping 3rd, and the car sat.

After a few weeks I found a 2JZ tranny that was built with a 2800 stall for sale. The transmission was still in the car so I went over and tested it out and told the guy I wanted it. He pulled the transmission out and I was on my way to swapping mine out.

After figuring out that I needed a LOT more than just the transmission, tail shaft, flywheel, ect, I finally was able to swap everything out. I put the new transmission in and not thinking went to hook the drive shaft up and nope, need something else. Custom drive shaft.

I got the drive shaft made, but am having trouble getting the correct pitch from the engine/transmission to the rear end. This is where the car is right now. I am tired and done with this car and with school tuition approaching again I am just going to cut my losses and say goodbye. Here is a list of what I know need to be done to the car to get it back on the road:

Get correct pitch from transmission to drive shaft
    Hook drive shaft up
    modify shift linkage (bend it) so it clears drive shaft
    fill transmission with fluid
    purchase intake filter
    tires are dry rotten and shot so get tires
    build exhaust
    DRIVE!!!

The car drove great that one time I was able to bring it home from the shop, only in 2nd gear at least. Per the previous owner the engine had between 60k-65k miles, not sure if I believe him but thats what I was told. The new transmission had less than 10k on the rebuild.

Inside the car everything is there. The glove compartment is pulled out on the passenger side at the moment so we could get to the ECU, but it should only take a few moments to get that all put back together.

One final note. I know what the engine/transmission costs in this car. Do not try to low ball me on this. If I have to I will take the engine and transmission out and sell them separately and junk the shell. For more information or pictures or to view the car email me or call me. Also you can talk to John over at Garage Zero in Norcross about the car, he is very familiar with it.

Title in hand

CAR COMES WITH OZ RACING RIMS NOT THE WHITE ONES SHOWN IN PICTURES ABOVE, THEY WERE STOLEN A WHILE BACK

David McNamara
    404-725-4979

asking price $5500obo
    Phone number: 404.725.4979

-172657_623350354442_3765799_o_zps5e6519d2-jpg-175191_623350284582_7955518_o_zps074855e1-jpg-175244_623236911782_3844632_o_zps9dbb0291-jpg-557622_993054823722_1677902411_n_zps89dd0a38-jpg-617007_889789413432_1847079593_o_zpsc8ff55b4-jpg

i'd get rid of my integra for this

Quote Originally Posted by Sinfix_15 View Post
    You travel with so much luggage that it wont fit in a wagon? you dating a kardashian?

still FS

Wish I had the space for another project. So much potential here.

IA Member

Bump.