Thread: FS:91 470whp mr2 turbo CLEAN - $12,500

IA Member

Default FS:91 470whp mr2 turbo CLEAN - $12,500

1991 Toyota MR2 Turbo
    124,000 miles on chassis
    Price $12,500

Hey Everyone, I'm putting my mr2 back up for sale. I cleaned up a few things and fixed the headlight cover that everyone pointed it, and now the car looks great. Still runs and drives great and is as fast as ever. I also made a small video of me running 1-3rd gear on low and high boost, and will post that up as soon as I figure out how. I have also lowered the price to 12.5k, Which is much lower than I was asking before. Please pm or e-mail me at [email protected] if you have any questions.

VIDEOS!!!
    Here is a walk around of the car
    MR2 Turbo 470whp for sale - YouTube
    And Here are a few pulls. First is low boost, then after I turn around is high boost.
    MR2 Turbo 470whp 1-3 gear pulls low boost and high boost - YouTube

Quick background on the car
    I have owned it for 7 years and it has always been meticulously cared for. This car has never been on a race track, always had perfect maintained, and has been built with the best parts. Everything has been upgraded and the car needs nothing. It stops, goes, and turns like nothing I have ever been in and I love it to death. The only reason I'm selling it is because I don't have the time or money to properly care for it anymore since I have returned to college. The car runs great, needs nothing, and just got an ignition tune up and oil change. Low boost made 370whp @16 psi and high boost made 470whp @26 psi on the FP HTA3076 on 93 pump gas.

GOOD
    Reliable high hp mr2 that was built with only the best parts and runs on pump gas, no searching for e85 stations or carrying extra race fuel.
    relatively stock looking body, total sleeper. No one expects when I turn it to high boost and blow past them.
    Factory Manual steering rack, gives exceptional road feel and the car is so light the steering is light even in parking lots
    All service items were changed with recent head rebuild so no major service is needed for the car until another 60k miles. Seriously, just change oil and do tune ups.
    EVERYTHING WORKS!

BAD
    No AC(intercooler is too big and the compressor won't fit, if you moved to a trunk mount intercooler you could reattach the AC)
    A few interior bit are cracked like the shifter surround(but super easy to replace)
    scrape on rear bumper
    Driver seat is a bit torn from getting in and out of a low car
    Wiring in driver side door is getting water in it and making the windows not work for a few seconds. This is a common problem with the 91 cars, wiring just needs to be rewrapped inside the door.

Now for the parts list

CHASSIS
    91 mr2 turbo t-top with 124k miles. Always been in the south, no rust whatsoever.
    weighed in at 2700 even with no spare or tools.
    3 year old paint BASF factory black.
    94-95 trunk lid and spoiler, jdm taillights, front moulding.
    Madpsi carbon fiber front lip(super rare and special order only)
    extra shine auto front lip(never painted or installed)
    clear corners on front bumper
    Rouge motorsports rev 6 lowrise headlight conversion with The Retrofit Source 5000k HID upgrade(very high quality xenon kit, not cheap ebay crap).
    NEW optima Yellow top battery
    Rolled fenders front and rear

DRIVETRAIN
    3sgte based 2.2 stroker motor with 5sfe crank, eagle rods, and wisco stroker pistons. bottom end has 20k miles
    fully ported, deshrouded, and blueprinted head with ferrea 1mm oversized valves, ferrea dual valve springs, titanium retainers, viton valve seals, (super nice spring kit) and hks 264 cams on intake and exhaust. 2000 miles on head
    HKS adjustable cam gears
    L19 ARP head studs 2000 miles
    TTE 1.2mm MLS headgasket 2000 miles
    ATS racing high pressure oil pump 2000 miles
    ATS 170 degree thermostat 2000 miles
    OEM water pump, timing belt, and all gaskets replaced 2000 miles
    JUN intake manifold with q45 90mm throttle body
    Forced Performance GT3076HTA turbo billet wheel 2000 miles
    Stainless steel water and oil lines for turbo 2000 miles
    AEM Series 1 standalone EMS fully tuned
    Coolingmist 50/50 water meth injection system with 1.5 gallon tank and 800cc nozzle(comes with 6 gallons of 50/50 meth)
    TIAL MVS vband wastegate 2000 miles
    KO racing 3" downpipe, adapter flange, rerouted wastegate pipe 2000 miles
    Berk 3" SS dual exhaust(sounds great)
    KO Racing 3" intake and stainless intercooler piping
    EMS powered intercooler and 9" fan shroud with SPAL fan for max cooling
    KO racing engine lid shroud with two 11" spal fans
    Just changed all ignition components(spark plugs, distributor cap, rotor, and wires)

FUEL SYSTEM
    Pro series Jay's racing Bosch 044 fuel pump mounted intank 330lph pump
    Fuel pump rewire running 12 gauge wire straight from the battery to pump using a 50amp relay
    -6AN stainless feed line all the way from the pump to the fuel rail, factory return line
    XS fuel regulator(best on the market, my aeromotive leaked)
    Wolfkatz side feed fuel rail with SARD 800cc injectors

TRANSMISSION
    2002 Toyota Solara v6 gearset dropped into factory mr2 case(30k miles). This is a very custom mod and the only way I could stop breaking 3rd gear. The Solara gear set is much stronger and all gears are longer, especially 5th so you get better gas mileage.
    1.5 way limited slip clutch type diff(it came with my JDM trans so I don't know the brand but it works great)
    ACT pressure plate, southbend full face disc, and Comp Clutch chromolly 11lb flywheel (2k miles on clutch)
    TRD short shifter with bronze shift linkage bushings
    New transmission cables(that run to the shifter, they can stretch with age)
    Stainless steel kevlar coated clutch line

SUSPENSION
    Ksport fully adjustable coilovers, change height and shock dampening as well as swaybar endlink height and camber, comes with pillowball shock mounts.
    TRD swaybars front and rear and twosRus endlinks and poly bushings
    upgraded front swaybar mounts
    Front strut tower bar from EMS POWERED
    AME Circlar spec R wheels F=17x8 ET35 R=17x9 ET42 18lbs fully forged 2 peice wheels(I had these custom ordered for the mr2 from Japan, took 3 months to get them. They are the perfect size and offest for the mr2 and allow the biggest tires possible on stock fenders)
    Tires dunlop direzza z1 star specs 225/45/17 and 265/40/17 80% tread left (these tires are amazing, insanely sticky)

BRAKES
    Slotted and drilled rotors
    Porterfield carbon/kevlar pads(very quiet)
    stainless steel lines
    Painted black calipers

INTERIOR
    Sparco sprint JR bucket seats and rails (super nice and really hold you in place, suprisingly comfortable too)
    Sparco 4 point harnesses
    EMS powered harness bar(stiffens the body and anchors the harnesses correctly, not made anymore so its pretty rare)
    TRD shift knob
    EMS powered oil pressure gauge(replaces factory boost gauge), Autometer A pillar pod with Autometer cobalt boost gauge and AEM wideband gauge.
    Greddy profec b spec 2 boost controller and greddy turbo timer
    Sony head unit and 6 1/2" component speakers in front, 4" in back.

Last edited by jdm91t; 05-30-2013 at 12:45 PM.

Next adventure is... Just_CHill's Avatar

DAAAAAAANG!!! Beautiful car! GLWS!

IA Member

Thanks for the compliments! I added the videos at the top in the first post. Let me know what you guys think.

Really nice Mr2
    93' Talon TSi/1G
    00' Civic EX/EJ8 "Cilina"
    03' Evo VIII GSR/CT9A"Evonia"

04' Evo VIII SSL/CT9A "Evolynn"

IA Member

SOLD!!!!!