Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1989 Toyota MR2 BZ-R 20 Valve Swap/cage...

Quote Originally Posted by JDM onlyy
    Nice...with a 20v engine too.
    Thanks bro
    -Super cool .gif TO UNBAN JITB, JM, Buttons AND NEMISIS here-

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoToad
    u want a celica?lol

I didnt think you liked driving 5-Speeds Toad?

I saw a couple pics of your celica, i'd think about it granted it has a clean title and no mechanical faults

Senior Member | IA Veteran  OneSlow5pt0's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sport20
    I didnt think you liked driving 5-Speeds Toad?

I saw a couple pics of your celica, i'd think about it granted it has a clean title and no mechanical faults
    i dont,i was wondering if the silvertop had a auto trann that will bolt up

http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/...2#post35977102

heres couple pics though

i dont,i was wondering if the silvertop had a auto trann that will bolt up

http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/...2#post35977102

heres couple pics though
    Sure does, you can use any N/A MR2 auto Tranny. Actually it would be easier to do a Man->auto swap then the other way around. the trannys can be found for DEAD cheap. You can probably even find an automatic silvertop tranny locally from another person doing the swap. mine came with one as well as an Auto ECU (which works for both auto and 5 speed). I sold the tranny, but they are VERY easy to find and not wanted usually. so you would need a tranny and some linkage and a shop to install/wire it in

Sure does, you can use any N/A MR2 auto Tranny. Actually it would be easier to do a Man->auto swap then the other way around. the trannys can be found for DEAD cheap. You can probably even find an automatic silvertop tranny locally from another person doing the swap. mine came with one as well as an Auto ECU (which works for both auto and 5 speed). I sold the tranny, but they are VERY easy to find and not wanted usually. so you would need a tranny and some linkage and a shop to install/wire it in
    snazy,i see that its all decked out for Auto X...will it still be good as a DD,like i drive 25-30 miles aday useally...not much

snazy,i see that its all decked out for Auto X...will it still be good as a DD,like i drive 25-30 miles aday useally...not much

Its my DD now lol. I drive it 34 miles round trip to work and back everyday without fault. though not having A/C and our current heat wave isnt so fun. Though everything to install the A/C comes with the car and all it would need would be a recharge and a new belt. actually everything is still hooked up minus the compressor mounted on the engine. i have the bracket and the compressor in a box. the car gets 30+mpg and is great for cruising. The only other complaint i have is its loud. its got a no frills full race 2.5" exhaust. it consists of 4 feet of pipe and a muffler/testpipe. Its Great for openining the top end up and for some nice track runs. So if you were to use another inline muffler along with the existing one (the path many choose) or weld in a cat would make it ALOT more quiet, unless a loud exhaust doesnt bother you then its perfect. I believe if you did it, you would be one of a VERY FEW ppl to actually drive an Auto 20v swapped MR2

Its my DD now lol. I drive it 34 miles round trip to work and back everyday without fault. though not having A/C and our current heat wave isnt so fun. Though everything to install the A/C comes with the car and all it would need would be a recharge and a new belt. actually everything is still hooked up minus the compressor mounted on the engine. i have the bracket and the compressor in a box. the car gets 30+mpg and is great for cruising. The only other complaint i have is its loud. its got a no frills full race 2.5" exhaust. it consists of 4 feet of pipe and a muffler/testpipe. Its Great for openining the top end up and for some nice track runs. So if you were to use another inline muffler along with the existing one (the path many choose) or weld in a cat would make it ALOT more quiet, unless a loud exhaust doesnt bother you then its perfect. I believe if you did it, you would be one of a VERY FEW ppl to actually drive an Auto 20v swapped MR2
    yea,i could give 2 shits bout A/C....my RX-7's A/C never worked so i adpated to the heat,i dont even run my A/C on these 100 degees days,and im in jeans,lol

yea,i could give 2 shits bout A/C....my RX-7's A/C never worked so i adpated to the heat,i dont even run my A/C on these 100 degees days,and im in jeans,lol
    I think im getting old then ...i feel like im melting when i leave my door step. Only reason i never bothered installing the A/C on the 2 is i planned on tracking it, then when i decided to sell the car, and the market i am attempting to sell it in, there was no need to install it if someone else also wanted to buy it as a track worthy car. Lemme know if you're really interested. i'm not looking for anything special really, just something comfortable and more room then the MR2. I dont even care if its Auto.

I think im getting old then ...i feel like im melting when i leave my door step. Only reason i never bothered installing the A/C on the 2 is i planned on tracking it, then when i decided to sell the car, and the market i am attempting to sell it in, there was no need to install it if someone else also wanted to buy it as a track worthy car. Lemme know if you're really interested. i'm not looking for anything special really, just something comfortable and more room then the MR2. I dont even care if its Auto.
    lol,

umm....ill have to get back to you,since this would be my 4th car...parents getting tired of changing insurance,lol

but id love to have it,i was planning on getting a MR2-S for my next car,but a MK1 would be great to go with it.

ill keep in touch

Bump, Buyer backed out (unnable to make funds). Car is still FS!

Wow what a steal on a fun car. If i werent trying to buy a house id be all over your car man. good luck with the sale

Thanks man, some Ppl are gonna be missing out if its not sold soon....i may just buy another car and keep this one stored for track events.

bump

bump

CAR is SOLD!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12