Thread: Fag's v. Fag's

Default Fag's v. Fag's

go ahead

Import v. Domestic

yall mofos are cut throat

Okay. Does anyone possibly believe that as long as manufacturers are competitive, and aftermarket companies keep doing their jobs, vehicles in general will all be competitive in their rights? I honestly don't know. I just believe that where there is a will (forgive the cliche) there is a way. Every manufacturer being domestic, import, fourbanger, sixslanger, eightbeater, or whatever you want to call them are all going to find ways to exploit their respective advantages to "outdo" the next em-effer that comes along. I am totally not 100 percent educated on these subjects, but it almost seems like the natural order of things to me. Okay come bash me, Im ready. Or possibly move the thread, because I just realized we are in the KILLS FORUM. I would bet my left teste this would a repost on the site.

(Import vs. Domestic) = (Efficiency vs Displacement)

Same old shit.
    Plain and simple, if Honda wanted to produce a "muscle car" it would be almost guaranteed to destroy anything our domestic manufacturers have to offer.

The engine in the S2000 is rated at 120 horsepower per liter. So lets assume Honda produced a car with the same displacement as the current Corvette, and a monster car with the same displacement as the Dodge Viper.

----------------------------- Cylinders | Displacement | HP/Liter
    Ferrari Enzo:------------------- 12 | 365ci/5988cc | 110.22 hp/liter
    Chevrolet Corvette Z06:--------8 | 427ci/7011cc | 72.02 hp/liter
    Dodge Viper SRT-10:-----------10 | 505ci/8277cc | 60.40 hp/liter
    Honda S2000:--------------------4 | 131ci/2137cc | 112.85 hp/liter
    Mazda RX-8:-------------------2-Rotor | 80ci/1308cc | 181.95 hp/liter
    BMW M5:------------------------10 | 301ci/4941cc | 101.19 hp/liter
    Toyota Corolla GT-S (1986):----4 | 97ci/1587cc | 72.46 hp/liter

Now lets imagine Honda built a big displacement motor that produced just 100 hp/liter, but with the same displacement as the new Corvette Z06. Assuming the motor made 100 hp/liter a motor built by Honda with the same displacement as the Z06 and efficiency similar to that of an S200 the motor would produce 701 hp. Using the Vipers displacement at 100 hp/liter produces 827 hp. That's a bit nuts isn't it?

Wanna get really crazy? Lets take the measured efficiency of the RX-8 motor (which probably isn't right) with the displacement of the Viper. An 8.2 liter Rotary with the same efficiency as the current RX-8 would produce 1506 hp. Although I know there's a weird way you're supposed to measure displacement in rotaries, but just imagine that. If Mazda made such a thing it'd probably have to have the shit revved out of it to get that power but it'd still be a lot of power.

This is bench racing at it's finest.

It's logical to assume then; That if the technologically superior Japanese manufacturers lost their minds and decided they wanted to make HUGE displacement super-cars, like us Americans do. Their designs would be more efficient, thereby producing more power from the same displacement.

Rice burners or not, Japanese cars and engines are consistently more efficient than their American competition. So should Japan ever decide to produce a monster displacement car, it's be safe to assume that it'd a) make more power than an American car of the same displacement, b) have to be revved higher than the American cars of the same displacement, and c) it'd probably have some kind of technology similar to the current VTEC system to keep the car from getting the same shitty fuel economy our American monsters get.

Plain and simple this argument keeps continuing because a few prideful rednecks can't stand the thought of a cheap little, fuel efficient, front wheel drive cars being as fast down a drag strip as their Camaro SS (produces 56.5 hp/liter BTW) or whatever car they drive. I find it hysterical that people will argue this kind of Import vs. Domestic crap all day long, when the reality is, that they're comparing Imports with half the displacement of the domestic cars the love so dearly. It blows my mind how aggressively people will defend their muscle cars compared to our "rice burners" when the fact of the matter is; If Japan were to produce a car with displacement relative to that of the current American super-cars (Z06 and Viper) it we be both technologically superior as well as more efficient finding a way to extract more power from the engine and probably attain a higher fuel economy.

Of course Japan's manufacturers have no need or urge to prove anything to anyone, especially not the hoards of asinine, profane, ignorant, import bashing rednecks who will stand by their technological dinosaurs no matter how fast a speed shop can make a 1.6 liter Honda go.

I love all cars, but I've met a couple idiot muscle car owners, that make me quite glad to drive my little 20 year old Toyota which attains the same efficiency as Chevy's newest, most technologically advanced Corvette Z06. Now if only I had the extra 4.4 motors I'd need to have the same displacement.

locked for stupidity
    Enterprise Data Resources- Ecommerce Project Manager
    -www.usedbarcode.net