Thread: civic vs mach 1

ls2

Default civic vs mach 1

Civic mods: ls turbo swap w/ls trans, greddyturbo kit(18g on 14psi), gutted, 3in exhaust,crome pro tuned and supporting fuel mods..on som 205/50/15 nitto neo gens....no passenger

Mach 1 mods: Exhaust, Prochargerd(suppose to be 12psi) and Drag radials.. He had a passenger

So he pulls up and everyone is talking to him. Asking what's all done to it and he just kind of played off what was done to it. No biggie, since we al heard the procharger. He finally says who's going to do this. I stepped up said I am. Do you want a roll or a dig. He said it doesn't matter.I told him I would like a 60 so I don't spin and be a better race. He didn't say anything and then said alright, lets go.

We run down the road in mexico alittle ways. He gets up next to me, are we going to pullover.I said nah we can do it here. So he gears it down and I do the same. We are cruising right after 50-55 and i'm waiting for a honk. So I finally just roll into it, to show i'm ready. He gets the idea and hits it. I nail it and just start to pull away from the car.I shut down around 130 and had put more than a couple lengths on him.

We slow down again for another roll. This time he honks it off, really fast( I barely had enough time to downshift). We nail it and I instally just start pulling again. Same thing happened again.
    We go up aways to turn around and the guy said, Do it from a dig that's what's gonna happen.

So we turn around, he gets staged and I pull up in and put it in 2nd( going to try the launch control from 2nd gear) and get the rpms up just alittle and he starts honking fast once again. By the time I stop spinning he has put close to 4 lengths. I stop spinning and i'm already reeling this guy back in. I get with in a length 1/2 on him and he shuts it backdown..

We pull in into a parking lot and as soon as he gets out of the car. He starts saying man i'm only on 5psi. my belt keeps slippin and won't make anymore boost. I said tha sucks man. He said I need that 8rib setup.
    He later told someone else he was up to 8psi and no belt slippage. So I don't know what he was on.
    He decided to wanted to run another civic that was out there..It runs 11.0's@130mph on 18psi with his current setup. Him spinnin on radials and raped the shit out of this guy in the mach 1. May have some of the videos later today.
    Last edited by 1EVILZ; 05-19-2013 at 05:22 AM.
    2006 gto 6 spd intake/wr 12.8@108
    2003 Chevrolet Tahoe Lt stock dd for the wifey
    1994 Honda civic EX Sdn stock dd for me

ls2

YouTube
    YouTube

1993 Turbo Civic Hatch vs 2004 Procharged Mach1 - YouTube

Now the other civic.. 18psi and more work.. spins and then taunts the guy amd then spins some more. He is on some et streets.

Turbo Civic vs 04 Procharged Mach1 - YouTube

LS GEAR HEAD

Nice job Dude!!!

lol that 18 psi civic rolled out on him

ls2

Yeah that other civic is prob close to 400whp on 18psi.

ls2

Hmm.. looks like the boost may have been only 10psi on the civic.. the jambnut and bolt had backed off and it was only at 10psi today( car hasn't moved since sat). guess we will see when he shows back up for a rematch with his belt slippage fixed.