Thread: civic vs 01 ss

ls2

Default civic vs 01 ss

my wife was the witness for this race. Will be rolling the fenders next and you'll see some husband vs wife footage. So our GTO( or hers , whichever) vs the econo box..

So now for tonights run.

Civic.. 5spd, 1.8 non vtec, turbo kit on 14psi, fuel mods, tuned( no hp numbers)

01 ss... Auto, stalled, cammed, bolt ons, stock 3.23 geared car, tuned by vengeance( no hp numbers)

This race just kinda happened quick. Not much planning for it. So no video of this one. Just my wife as a witness. I talked him into a roll, which i know from a dig he would have destroyed me as i have no real tire on it. He has his wife with him for the run.

we get up to 40-45 and he yells out 1,2 and 3. I start spinning of course and he doesn't. There is no pulling from either car. I go to 3rd and still spinning and finally stop and start to pull ahead of him. By the time i hit the top of 4th(115ish) i have him by a car length and we shut it down.
    We turn around and go back to talk to my wife.I pull up and tell him i didn't think it was going to go like that. I honestly thought he was going to pull me. We will be having another run, once i get some tires and will do a dig run.
    2006 gto 6 spd intake/wr 12.8@108
    2003 Chevrolet Tahoe Lt stock dd for the wifey
    1994 Honda civic EX Sdn stock dd for me

Civic sounds weak from the specs you gave

Peewee

Quote Originally Posted by -EnVus- View Post
    Civic sounds weak from the specs you gave
    How does it sound weak? Lol. its a LS swapped small turbo civic on street tires vs an auto -/+400whp (with bolt on, cams and tune i'm sure its there) camaro.. that hooks no problem

ls2

Bolt ons( fast intake, lid, filter, headers, catless, exhaust), cammed, stalled and tuned.. most fbodys with that kind of setup run 11.3-11.8's around 113-116( some faster). If the rain holds off tonight, the guy will have a slip.

I don't see where it is weak for the setup.

We gotta meet up....
    LS3 / Comp / Halltech / ARH / Powerdrive / OZ / Stoptech / Katech / B&B / VR Tuned

Certified Gearhead

Quote Originally Posted by LowAP2 View Post
    How does it sound weak? Lol. its a LS swapped small turbo civic on street tires vs an auto -/+400whp (with bolt on, cams and tune i'm sure its there) camaro.. that hooks no problem

He gave bs specs. No turbo size lol. Could be a 35r, could be an ebay 25 trim or some shit. 14 pounds though vs mild mod heavy car. Civic sounds weak. lol

ls2

Turbo is a 18g as it is a greddy kit. If you read some other posts, you'll see videos and track times( only track times are for 8 and 10psi). This motor on 14psi probably only makes 270whp max, but prob the same or more in torque( who knows since there is no dyno numbers). It is a stock 1.8 ls motor.

Said camaro in this race should be high 11's.

Mowe. Man i have nothing for that vette. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by 1EVILZ View Post
    Turbo is a 18g as it is a greddy kit. If you read some other posts, you'll see videos and track times( only track times are for 8 and 10psi). This motor on 14psi probably only makes 270whp max, but prob the same or more in torque( who knows since there is no dyno numbers). It is a stock 1.8 ls motor.

Said camaro in this race should be high 11's.

Mowe. Man i have nothing for that vette. Lol
    I dont necc have to race...just wanna bear witness..lol..

Good kill....
    LS3 / Comp / Halltech / ARH / Powerdrive / OZ / Stoptech / Katech / B&B / VR Tuned

Nice man! What area you in? I have something that might be close to all that, I have ran a few cars but where I'm at, noone has anything worth while. a couple c5's and a 600 was the only thing I could find lol

You chasing down 600's ? ....

ls2

I'm in anniston/oxford area of alabama.

Certified Gearhead

Lol dude chasing down 600's and wants to race a civic with a 18g turbo. That'd be like me saying hey wanna race my s2k, don't worry it's only a 6766!

ls2

Not the first time a faster car has wanted to race me.. the c6z was the best though. Lol