Thread: honda vs mach 1

ls2

Default honda vs mach 1

Sorry no recent races for the gto.

So a friend has been telling me about this mach 1 around town that has all these bolt ons and makes 370rwhp( and runs 11.90's). I told him bs on the times and the rwhp is iffy. So he asks his friend about the times and he admits it's bs. Well, i get out tonight and my buddy shows up and the mach 1 is following him in. I'm already thinking oh yeah. LOL.. The guys gets out and it's someone i know, but haven't seen in awhile. We all bs for awhile and finally talk about running, told him i would turn the boost back down to 10psi.

We agreed to a 40 kick, to limit the traction issue( worked out good for me, even though i still spin at a 40 kick). We go out to mexico and he honks it off. I put half a car on him going from 2nd to 3rd. Mid ways through 3rd i start to pull and shut down in 4th around 110 with about a length on him. We pull over and he gets out and says, i'm impressed. We shake hands and he leaves out. I talk to my buddy in his gt and he assumed the mach 1 won. I tell him he is mistaken and that he lost by about a length. You could tell he did not expect that outcome. Here is the video( sorry done by a phone and he didn't get in it till we had started good).

Mach 1 mods: jlt intake, headers, exhaust, shifter, tune, 98 model intake cam( something about more duration).

Honda: ls integra swap, turbo kit(greddy) on 10psi, 3in exhaust.

IMG951767_zps9796fdc1.mp4 Video by rays1evilz | Photobucket
    2006 gto 6 spd intake/wr 12.8@108
    2003 Chevrolet Tahoe Lt stock dd for the wifey
    1994 Honda civic EX Sdn stock dd for me

Senior Member | IA Veteran 1civic's Avatar

Stop picking on these slow cars...

ls2

lmfao, about the only thing i find in my area is mustangs. None of them will race my gto, but for some reason love to mess with the honda. I guess most of them don't know what the sound is between shifts. LOL

Wow that was a bad video.

Good kill, unless its a f/i or n2o Mustang they are "usually" turds.

I have some questions/comments:

1. Get a better cam to film a race in mexico...jeez..just because your in mexico doesnt mean you have to use a mexican prepaid cell phone...lo

2. Whats your honda make at 10 psi and what does it make at max psi....curious

3. Pick on a car your own size....I never bought into its a BIG V8...or I have just a small 4...w/a HUGE TURBO....hp is hp....you either make it , fake it or just talk about it....lol....

nice run...

Senior Member | IA Veteran 1civic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MOWE View Post
    I have some questions/comments:

1. Get a better cam to film a race in mexico...jeez..just because your in mexico doesnt mean you have to use a mexican prepaid cell phone...lo

2. Whats your honda make at 10 psi and what does it make at max psi....curious

3. Pick on a car your own size....I never bought into its a BIG V8...or I have just a small 4...w/a HUGE TURBO....hp is hp....you either make it , fake it or just talk about it....lol....

nice run...

I just "Fake" it....

ls2

I didn't even know the chase car(03 gt with bolt ons) was filming till it was done.

Hp is unknown but should be in the 210-220whp range.

The turbo isn't big, it's just a greddy kit(18g). So it has great midrange, instead of all up in the power band. The guy wanted the race( had alot to do with the camera guy telling him i only beat him by. 5 a car on 6psi).

Hell, most of the cars around this part of mexico that run, are mustangs.

I need to find me some unsuspecting stangs to run. I can't seem to run across anything.

Faking as well
    1994 Nissan Skyline BNR32- Currently being built for 1000+awhp (the works)

2003 Subaru Wrx (jdm sti ext.conv)- 6.0 LSx , T56, Fast 92 TB,IM,MS4 cam,+++

1995 Nissan S14.5- Sr20det, built motor, full race 3071r turbo kit, z32 tranny+++

1997 Honda Civic Ek Hatch- In process: K24/20 BC stroker, custom turbo kit, tubbed +++