Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New moderator announcement...

Quote Originally Posted by NEMO View Post
    dont blame anything on the axles. i know couple guys running autozone axles that are pushing over 400whp with no problems with the axles
    I run stage 2 napa axles lifetime warranty FTW!

Quote Originally Posted by Te72Rob View Post
    Trying to argue the fact that you have the fastest Honda, is like arguing the fact that you have the smallest penis.

Certified Gearhead

Quote Originally Posted by NEMO View Post
    dont blame anything on the axles. i know couple guys running autozone axles that are pushing over 400whp with no problems with the axles
    well after having many sets from oreilly some are fine at first and some like the set I have right now vibrate from the get go. I will still run ya C I aint fuckin scared,my shits broke at the track before. but for real honda axles suck. DSS suck too. How does one break a 400whp axle with only 250whp???? not mine someone else. I think I am gonna try either remans from Honda next time or there is also a place in Buford Ga that I found recently.anyone know anything about these guys?http://www.cvsource.com/index.html

DSS don't suck, you just can't try to go over their rated capacity. You can't put Stage 0's on a 600whp car on slicks and expect it to last. I'm going to have to step up to their 3.9's pretty soon I'm afraid. When I bought the Stage 0 swap axles I wasn't planning on a turbo yet. It kinda happened that I had some nifty parts sitting in the garage and a K20... shit happens lolol.
    Who knows?

Quote Originally Posted by Apex1972 View Post
    well after having many sets from oreilly some are fine at first and some like the set I have right now vibrate from the get go. I will still run ya C I aint fuckin scared,my shits broke at the track before. but for real honda axles suck. DSS suck too. How does one break a 400whp axle with only 250whp???? not mine someone else. I think I am gonna try either remans from Honda next time or there is also a place in Buford Ga that I found recently.anyone know anything about these guys?http://www.cvsource.com/index.html
    Doesn't all depends on the horsepower rating of an axle. You have many other factors. Wheel hop, angle of axles, having a good amount of torque and not preloading (especially on slicks), etc...
    Back to being stock and slow

Certified Gearhead

Quote Originally Posted by Identity_Crisis View Post
    DSS don't suck, you just can't try to go over their rated capacity. You can't put Stage 0's on a 600whp car on slicks and expect it to last. I'm going to have to step up to their 3.9's pretty soon I'm afraid. When I bought the Stage 0 swap axles I wasn't planning on a turbo yet. It kinda happened that I had some nifty parts sitting in the garage and a K20... shit happens lolol.
    in your opinion how good are the level 0s? I only have a stock H22 with bolt ons I am just tires of swapping axles every few months. only reason O keep em now is the lifetime warranty. they usually seem to break when I am broke too lol.

Certified Gearhead

Quote Originally Posted by gforce71 View Post
    I run stage 2 napa axles lifetime warranty FTW!
    NAPA really has stage 2? didnt know that.I might have to check on those before Friday..

I think the Stage 2 comment was sarcasm

I have DSS Stage 0 in my civic currently with no problems, but a K-swap is a lot lot harder on axles than most because of the terrible angle that it puts them at. I am well over what they are rated at, but I havent tried slicks and launching on them yet either. In your application I would just rock some Advance or Autozone axles (new not refurbished) that have the lifetime warranty on them. The Stage 0 DSS axles have no warranty on them at all that I'm aware of, and the stronger models would be cost prohibitive in your case. With a mostly stock swap there would be no benefit to having $1000+ axles. The stronger DSS axles still only carry a 1 year warranty anyways, but I'm going to go to a set of 3.9's when the ones I have now break, since they are rated to 600whp and upgrade the hubs to 36mm units that are made from a much stronger material.
    Who knows?

Quote Originally Posted by Identity_Crisis View Post
    agreed...my dss stuff has held up flawlessly to countless 1.5 60's in my 3600lb turd....
    -2001 Lexus IS300
    -2004 Pontiac GTO - 530hp/625ft lbs - 10.62@130mph - Sold!

Quote Originally Posted by Echonova View Post
    I got five on it, that if this guy ever does meet Evil Goat he shits his pants and says nothing.

SOUTHERN SPEED

I think he was referring to me breaking 400hp axles with 250 hp but i take full responsablity no preload i was sick as hell. I just realy didnt thank the drag radials was gonna hook up anyway but it was my fault period. I have ran in the 12s for years (yea i know like thats fast lol sorry thats all i can do) on advance or any axles i could fine for that matter with no problem you just have to preload and if you dont know how ask somebody or you will be buying axles. Hell i launched my accord (weighing 3000 pounds ) 7500 on slicks getting 1.78 sixty foot times with no issues with advance axles.

252plus hp and 34.5 miles to the gallon all motor. 12.2 at 111

I've been using stock axles for years, most have been refurbished ones from advanced auto. Been running low elevens and high tens for the past three years on stock axles and have broken 1 on the track and that was due to a broken motor mount. Preloading is the key in a fwd when launching on slicks, once you learn how to do that it takes a ton of stress off drivetrain. If youre breaking axles with a stock swap, youre obviously doin it wrong.

i drive a giant blueberry preferredduck's Avatar

bad motor mounts eat axles for sure. dont get the refurb at advance, buy the new wit hthe warranty and copy the receipt or it will fade.
    Check out my for sale threads!! 15" competition speakerbox, 1TB External hard drive, and plenty of car parts!!!

I Need some WRX, 350Z, 240SX, Really any car owner to let me do R&D for Ground Kits, Please Let me See the layouts!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12