Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: So who's the KF noob with the nsx?

Quote Originally Posted by collins
    Why yes... Yes I do
    me too, i saw ur car way 2 many times
    1991 Acura Integra
    1998 Toyota Corolla

Remember whos your daddy! ARFNSX's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lankhoss
    Who is this Alex feller, and why doesn't he bring the NSX out more often?

I am Alex and I bring my car out quite a bit... Ask Marshall or Collins, I am sure they'll both verify.

This has been an interesting conversation back and forth about the NSX vs. LS1 LS2 and LS7 engines.

The NSX was a car that was ahead of its time just as the 300ZX was in the early 1990s. The NSX was never designed to be a drag racing car. It was made to be a road course car. Honda's thinking was to design a car that would beat all of the cars Ferrari sold at the time and up until 1997 or so, it did. The NSX beat the 328, 348, 355 and Testarossa 0-60 and on the track; all with Honda reliability! Where Honda dropped the ball was they didnt think more than 5 years into the future on what Ferrari might had in the pipeline which was the F360.

Honda was never aiming for the Corvette or the Mustang...it never wanted to be in the same class (sorry but its true). They wanted to build an exotic car.

Do not get me wrong, I truly respect the new C6 and C6ZO6. I have driven them and raced them both. The LS2, LS3 are incredible engines but it all depends on why you purchase your cars. Although I like the C6 platform, I do not like to look to my left and see a 50yo lady driving my same car.

I wanted to be different which is why I purchased my NSX. It is a bit more exclusive and if you see one a month, that’s a lot. How many Corvettes do you see in a given day? Again don't get me wrong, I have owned a Viper, M5, AMG MBZ and this is my third NSX. I love them and if I get rid of it, I will probably get the DBS or Vanquish. Now do you want to start a discussion on how a civic will beat my future AM?

If you want to know the truth, I raced Collins last summer and I got beat pretty good but then I sent my car away for some much needed horsepower and improvements. A few months later re-raced Collins and I probably beat him 3+ car lengths on my lower boost settings and bad shifting.

The price of the NSX in the early 90s was 50-60k new. Over the years the price crept up to about 88k. I paid about 60k for mine (which was about 3 years old at the time) I honestly feel after 5 additional years, I can still get about 50K for the car. Dollar for dollar, yes, it is not the best bang for the buck, the C6 wins that catagory hands down but hey, if you can comfortable afford it and you like it, then why not. BTW the cost for me to beat Collins was about 10k.

blank

werd to ya mama

I hate the NSX. A friend of mine had one and said it was the worst car ever. It gets lots of attention but he bought the car for performance driving and it didnt do to well.

I'll put it this way, my miata with oh 120hp or so, pulled 2 or 3 seconds at road atlanta on TWO NSX's every lap. Lots of money for something that just looks fast.
    Matthew Brueck
    iTrack Motorsports

www.itrackms.com

The performance of the NSX has never impressed me. I drove one a few years back and I can honestly say that my G35 out performed it in damn near every aspect. I have a friend that has driven the same NSX and my G35 that can vouch for that statement.

Quote Originally Posted by Vteckidd
    All i know is the NSX when it came out was like a ferrari for under $130,000 in terms of looks and interior.
    I'm gonna have to go ahead and disagree with you on this one. The interior doesn't look all that different from an integra...

Quote Originally Posted by Nick McCardle
    Where the hell is all this talk of class and exotic coming from when talking about the NSX? Give me a break. It's a freaking Acura...extremely overpriced with poor performance and early 90's styling.

Let's take a look at a 2005, shall we?

Seriously, that's the amazing quality, exotic, classy interior?
    Honestly, I'm more impressed with an '05 Corolla's interior.

As far as power goes...a freaking Nissan Maxima in 2005 was only 25hp short of the 2005 NSX and beat it on torque by 31ft/lbs.

I'll give it handling and exclusiveness of some sort simply for the low production numbers. However, I refuse to say it's an exotic or display of class in any way. If this was the early nineties I'd be a lot nicer about it, but an '05 NSX is like Honda's overpriced polished turd.
    point proven

Banned

i thought about buying a NSX and putting that love fab kit on it, ot the SoS supercharger..... what did you do to yours? what did it put down? if you dont mind me asking

Quote Originally Posted by matthewAPM
    I hate the NSX. A friend of mine had one and said it was the worst car ever. It gets lots of attention but he bought the car for performance driving and it didnt do to well.

I'll put it this way, my miata with oh 120hp or so, pulled 2 or 3 seconds at road atlanta on TWO NSX's every lap. Lots of money for something that just looks fast.
    I have a SC Miata and I seem to have more fun in the Miata than the NSX. The NSX is way more powerful but I am always concerned about repair cost if I hit it but with the Miata, there is care-free driving. It is a fun lil car to drive. I am actually driving it today!

As for beating the NSX on the track, that is very believable depending on the driver. Most of the NSX owners I have come across on both the track on road drive like pu$$ies.

Quote Originally Posted by ARFNSX
    I am Alex and I bring my car out quite a bit... Ask Marshall or Collins, I am sure they'll both verify.

This has been an interesting conversation back and forth about the NSX vs. LS1 LS2 and LS7 engines.

The NSX was a car that was ahead of its time just as the 300ZX was in the early 1990s. The NSX was never designed to be a drag racing car. It was made to be a road course car. Honda's thinking was to design a car that would beat all of the cars Ferrari sold at the time and up until 1997 or so, it did. The NSX beat the 328, 348, 355 and Testarossa 0-60 and on the track; all with Honda reliability! Where Honda dropped the ball was they didnt think more than 5 years into the future on what Ferrari might had in the pipeline which was the F360.

Honda was never aiming for the Corvette or the Mustang...it never wanted to be in the same class (sorry but its true). They wanted to build an exotic car.

Do not get me wrong, I truly respect the new C6 and C6ZO6. I have driven them and raced them both. The LS2, LS3 are incredible engines but it all depends on why you purchase your cars. Although I like the C6 platform, I do not like to look to my left and see a 50yo lady driving my same car.

I wanted to be different which is why I purchased my NSX. It is a bit more exclusive and if you see one a month, that’s a lot. How many Corvettes do you see in a given day? Again don't get me wrong, I have owned a Viper, M5, AMG MBZ and this is my third NSX. I love them and if I get rid of it, I will probably get the DBS or Vanquish. Now do you want to start a discussion on how a civic will beat my future AM?

If you want to know the truth, I raced Collins last summer and I got beat pretty good but then I sent my car away for some much needed horsepower and improvements. A few months later re-raced Collins and I probably beat him 3+ car lengths on my lower boost settings and bad shifting.

The price of the NSX in the early 90s was 50-60k new. Over the years the price crept up to about 88k. I paid about 60k for mine (which was about 3 years old at the time) I honestly feel after 5 additional years, I can still get about 50K for the car. Dollar for dollar, yes, it is not the best bang for the buck, the C6 wins that catagory hands down but hey, if you can comfortable afford it and you like it, then why not. BTW the cost for me to beat Collins was about 10k.

The perfect post..
    Quote Originally Posted by MR.EM1 View Post
    learn to english

Certified Gearhead

I think it's funny that so many people want to bash the NSX, when if you look up the History on the NSX-R, it truely is an amazing car. And if it wasn't, why would so many companies design cars that can compete with it? Alot of those exotic car companies still today test their new models against the NSX-R which has been out of production for some time now. Here is some videos for you people to watch just to see what a NSX with a GOOD DRIVER can do. Yeah all those NSX's at Road atlanta must have had some bad drivers.... Like alot of people do... they buy the car thinking that the car is going to make them fast around the track... when it really does come down to the driver mod... haha...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CNmp1d_wSU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4Pl-E5pe3s
    K-What?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by DieselNuts
    The performance of the NSX has never impressed me. I drove one a few years back and I can honestly say that my G35 out performed it in damn near every aspect. I have a friend that has driven the same NSX and my G35 that can vouch for that statement.
    I might have to disagree with this one. I would almost put money stock vs. stock, the NSX should outperform the G35 in every catagory. I could bt wrong but my past experences have shown otherwise from your statement.

Certified Gearhead

oh and you guys who want to bash the NSX some more should check out the info on this page.... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acura_NSX Supposedly the 2nd gen NSX-R had a hp output of up to 320 bhp.

"The result of Honda's NSX-R effort was a vehicle that could challenge the latest sports car models on the track, despite having a base design that was more than 15 years old. For example, noted Japanese race and test driver Motoharu Kurosawa piloted a 2003 NSX-R around the legendary Nurburgring road course in 7:56, a time equal to a Ferrari F360 Challenge Stradale.[citation needed] The NSX-R accomplished this feat despite being out-powered by the Ferrari by nearly 100 bhp (75 kW) and weighing almost 100 kg (220 lb) more than the track-oriented Ferrari (at 1180kg)."

for that time, that was impressive.
    K-What?!?!

Alex,

Don't get me wrong, I am not bashing the NSX. I really love that car, and the reason I asked about you is I would LIKE to see them more often!! I do believe it was over priced, and that's honestly the only bad thing I can say about it. You have an idea in your head of the value of a vehicle, and that value I think it holds is well below the pricetag.

Other than that, I think it's a good looking, extremely balacned, ALL AROUND performance car. The fact that it's slow in a straight line doesn't mean anything. The easiest mod you can do to a car is acceleration (look at the Civics that beat down exotics, case in point).

My only "problem" I had was the story about this guy with his cocky attitude while driving one, was all. I don't look at that as a slant against the car itself. I also don't want you to think that I was saying you never come out...I've just never seen you. And I'd honestly love to take a look at that car. In fact, I'd love to ride in it...as I've never riden in one. I bet it really is a nice ride.

Let me know next time you are out, I want to check the car out!

Quote Originally Posted by ejohnson88
    oh and you guys who want to bash the NSX some more should check out the info on this page.... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acura_NSX Supposedly the 2nd gen NSX-R had a hp output of up to 320 bhp.

"The result of Honda's NSX-R effort was a vehicle that could challenge the latest sports car models on the track, despite having a base design that was more than 15 years old. For example, noted Japanese race and test driver Motoharu Kurosawa piloted a 2003 NSX-R around the legendary Nurburgring road course in 7:56, a time equal to a Ferrari F360 Challenge Stradale.[citation needed] The NSX-R accomplished this feat despite being out-powered by the Ferrari by nearly 100 bhp (75 kW) and weighing almost 100 kg (220 lb) more than the track-oriented Ferrari (at 1180kg)."

for that time, that was impressive.
    See, now THIS is the kind of comparison you want to make when talking about the performance of a car. 100 less hp, and weighed more.....yet beat it around The Ring? Now THAT is impressive!!!

And not to shit on this time or anything, but just for those who don't think a Corvette is "all that," the C5 Z06 did The Ring at 7:56 as well, weighing 300lbs more.

I have a SC Miata and I seem to have more fun in the Miata than the NSX. The NSX is way more powerful but I am always concerned about repair cost if I hit it but with the Miata, there is care-free driving. It is a fun lil car to drive. I am actually driving it today!

As for beating the NSX on the track, that is very believable depending on the driver. Most of the NSX owners I have come across on both the track on road drive like pu$$ies.
    VERY true. Im sure they had more money than drive ability. I've only seen one person actually drive a NSX to its limits and that was Billy J.
    Matthew Brueck
    iTrack Motorsports

www.itrackms.com

IA Member

Dont know if its the nsx you guys are talking about but i saw a black one on the ramp to 85s coming off 285e about 3ish today. same guy?

w/a hot rod GRAND AM blake06gto's Avatar

lol no offense evan but u cant really base any true test off of anything by best motoring.... im not sayin the nsx wasnt a good track car but that show is by far more biased than top gear.
    2006 Pontiac GTO
    2010 Chevrolet Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by SmackedInATL
    Holy shit, you just made yourself sound retarded.

considering alex would probley drag u down the road like a rag doll i would be willing to put my money on alex's nsx over your termi anyday

Nothing retarded about class But wait u wouldnt no nothing about class considering you drive a mustang with a belt driven appliance motor that came off some GE product some where in the US I done had 3 stangs and trust me they might get u down the strip and some 16 yr old girls.But a nsx like Alex's could get u alot more
    I check sluts off my list like a maintnence man
    I drive a low is3 just so it gives me a reason to drive super slow on these rough ga roads.

And to Lankhoss i do understand where your coming from with the other nsx driver being cocky and still slow as shi* To be honest he kinda of sounds like me when i got my 1st mustang 3 yrs ago and thought it was a beast untill i got raped by a prelude on spray that had me bus loads behind trying to catch up,we all had those moments!
    I drive a low is3 just so it gives me a reason to drive super slow on these rough ga roads.

Quote Originally Posted by stay_up
    considering alex would probley drag u down the road like a rag doll i would be willing to put my money on alex's nsx over your termi anyday

Nothing retarded about class But wait u wouldnt no nothing about class considering you drive a mustang with a belt driven appliance motor that came off some GE product some where in the US I done had 3 stangs and trust me they might get u down the strip and some 16 yr old girls.But a nsx like Alex's could get u alot more
    You aren't that stupid.

Damn man, you are definitely retarded. "I done had"

You aren't that stupid.

Damn man, you are definitely retarded. "I done had"

^ those words sound like thacker result to grammer as a insult I will do you a favor and call you out 1st as soon as the whip gets out the shop

^ those words sound like thacker result to grammer as a insult I will do you a favor and call you out 1st as soon as the whip gets out the shop
    Do what you have to do pimpin'...don't waste my motherfuckin' time.

Do what you have to do pimpin'...don't waste my motherfuckin' time.
    Mmm, you 'ourght not talk 'atta way, you juzta boy.

you cant possibly compare a NSX to a Vette.

v6 versus v8

No TQ versus TQ

3.0l versus 5.7l

The NSX has not been changed since 1990, think about that. It has had MINOR changes like front headlights, some body mods, but the powerplant has been relatively untouched for over 12 years. It was $80,000 when it came out, and it was $80,000 the last year it was sold.

How many other supercars can claim that?

The NSX was a supercar that never had the balls the other cars in its price range had. But it was super sexy and even to this day, its a sick looking car that has stood the test of time. How many 90s Vettes still look like they have "style".

Bragging about beating an NSX is like bragging about your 500whp civic beating a ferrari.

its pretty pointless.
    7.0l*

^ whiteboy" are u the guy i see in Hmill with the red rims on the c5 slammed?

^ whiteboy" are u the guy i see in Hmill with the red rims on the c5 slammed?
    No, thats another guy i know making 500+rwhp na... I still have the oe magnesium gray looking wheels. I know who your talking about cause he is always at great escape theatre when i go, his plate says "say wen"

I think this thread is comparing apples to oranges and i LOVE my C5z and wouldnt trade even for a nsx, cause i like my red apple, c5z. I do admit the handling is a little sloppier than i would like, but like the nsx can get aftermarket horsepower to be up to par with a z06 i can also get aftermarket suspension components to make it handle great!

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteboy572
    No, thats another guy i know making 500+rwhp na... I still have the oe magnesium gray looking wheels. I know who your talking about cause he is always at great escape theatre when i go, his plate says "say wen"
    yeah that whip is real nice,every time i see that thing i get horny

I might have to disagree with this one. I would almost put money stock vs. stock, the NSX should outperform the G35 in every catagory. I could bt wrong but my past experences have shown otherwise from your statement.
    In my case, I think it was this particular NSX. I honestly dont think it was running 100%...at least I hope not... But it was that car that gave me a sour taste about the NSX. It might have just been a bad apple

Enterprise Data Resources- Ecommerce Project Manager
    -www.usedbarcode.net

You aren't that stupid.
    :
    Aaron, don't be ignorant. Alex spent alot of money to get that car where it should be and that damn nsx ROLLS OUT now. He'd surprise the hell out of you, that's for sure. Moral of the story: don't be a retard.

they are track cars, not race cars lol

its like an S2000, my CRX with 180whp walked all over them, but they arent made for straight line performance
    Typical ricer excuse..

Aaron, don't be ignorant. Alex spent alot of money to get that car where it should be and that damn nsx ROLLS OUT now. He'd surprise the hell out of you, that's for sure. Moral of the story: don't be a retard.
    Ignorant? Thats not ignorance, its confidence. I am confident my car will pull from that NSX, and if it doesn't then oh well. I know for sure he isn't going to go from a dig, so I'm not even worried about that. And I'm not talking shit about Alex's NSX, I'm talking shit to stay_up because that kid is fucking stupid.

I'm just saying that little gray nsx would pull you, dig or not. There is a fine line btw confidence and ignorance. Be careful where you step

I'm just saying that little gray nsx would pull you, dig or not. There is a fine line btw confidence and ignorance. Be careful where you step
    Only one way to find out. Guess I'll be making a call out next week after the track.

hey collins did alex beat you on your current setup??

2.3 Evo 8

Only one way to find out. Guess I'll be making a call out next week after the track.

Side bets? I'll take Alex's NSX for $100 with your car at it's current power level.

ATL's Slow3st DSM!!! Ronsam2006's Avatar

I say Alex's NSX would eat that Terminator for lunch, at the track, or highway.

Is the NSX coming to SDR?

Quote Originally Posted by T.S.
    hey collins did alex beat you on your current setup??
    yes. my car hasnt changed in a while. but yeah, he beat me. woulda been worse if he was shifting properly

Quote Originally Posted by Lankhoss
    Is the NSX coming to SDR?
    i doubt it... it would be nice to see tho...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast