Quote Originally Posted by -EnVus- View Post
I have never taken a photo of cars my camera is sowly used for my new baby girl and documenting her as she grows
All I need it a good portrait or family photo taking lens with out all the Distortion like i get from the kit lens.
Good times! I bought my camera for the same reason. My 60mm does wonders when it comes to my baby girl. But it has worked for many other things as well. Here are some examples:

All Aboard by pbman13, on Flickr

Chris1 by pbman13, on Flickr

They were edited a little bit with photoshop (clarity, exposure, sharpness) but only because I couldn't get perfect shots. Distortion was not a problem.

Now the next question would be, are you shooting in Manual mode or Automatic? Also, if you haven't already, check out this forum for primarily Canon camera's: Canon Digital Photography Forums - Powered by vBulletin Tons of information! There are sections for just about anything you can think of when it comes to photography, and most of the people are happy to help out and answer question. You can even post up pictures (if you choose) to be critiqued so that people that has been doing this longer that you and I can give you advice.