Thread: help with new computer

Default help with new computer

so i bought a new computer from frys the other day.
    FRYS.comL|LNZXT

everything is fine and real fast. but once in-game (counter-strike: global offensive) it lags a lot. I know the graphics card is a little outdated and will lag a little bit. but this lag here is fucking outrageous. I cant even move around, tried dialing my resolution down and put video settings in-game to lowest and it still does it.
    I was thinking its the power supply, it came stock with 480, maybe i need a 600watt? anybody know?

AMD FX 6100 (3.3G) (6-core)

1 TB Serial-ATA-III Hard Drive

8GB DDR3-1333 MHz

NVIDIA GT520 1GB.

Next-Generation eSATA port

24x DL DVD+/-RW Drive

7.1 Channel Surround Sound

Gigabit Ethernet

480 Watt Power Supplyfor future expansion

your psu is fine. sounds like your drivers are way out of date. try updating from nvidia.

try Can You RUN It | Can I run that game | Game system requirements

Hmmm it says i pass all the tests, way over min. requirements. i've been to the nvidia site and updated it last night with latest. and for my bios it says its up to date.

does it do that on all games? try re-installing the drivers or reseating your card.

i went out and bought COD black ops to see if it was just cs:go, and yes it is just cs. I really wanted to play it too. started playing cs since beta.

Is it integrated graphics or discreet?

Quote Originally Posted by green91 View Post
    Is it integrated graphics or discreet?
    it's dedicated, his rig is fairly above minimum requirements.

If you're sure the driver isn't the issue, try pulling the power from a different rail from the power supply or disconnecting other things you don't need for testing purposes- like extra fans, LED's, extra HDD's/optical drives. Just in case you aren't getting enough amps.

Also it could be the case that the GPU is shot or getting too hot.

double post FTL

hmm when i go home tonight ima take the whole thing apart and reseat everything. ima try running the system without the liquid cooling system.

and if that dont work, 600watt power supply and new ATI card.

any recommendations on a PCI-E card?

oooooooooo thats nice. i might just get it just to upgrade but fuck i was saving up for some coil overs

oh wtf. my computer is randomly shutting itself off, no warning just turns off. but my keyboard and mouse LEDS stay on.... maybe power supply? Can't be dust buildup causing heat, shits brand new and i used dust-off on it already.

Check the CPU cooler for operation and also re-seat the RAM.

Have you tried wacking it a few times? The computer i mean.

Re seated ram. Computer stayed on about 2 min. Longer than shut off on me again. Arghhh. Sometimes when I start it, it wont even load all the way before it dies.

Quote Originally Posted by VQ35 Star View Post
    Re seated ram. Computer stayed on about 2 min. Longer than shut off on me again. Arghhh. Sometimes when I start it, it wont even load all the way before it dies.
    Sounds like it's getting hot instead of there not being enough power. When it's on, are the fans inside spinning? (on the CPU itself)

Also, I've seen people put their computers into little tight cabinets that cover up all the vents- I'm assuming you have air easily going in and out?

To get a better idea on what's going on, just download this: UBCD for Windows Run build, burn it to a CD, then boot from that CD and run the various tests you want.

ok thanks i'll do that once i'm home tonight.

yes the fans and everything are spinning, its in an open space and i have liquid cooling so heating (i assume) shouldn't be the problem here but its turning off as if it is.

man fuck that ima get this shit exchanged shit hasn't even been a week lol

damn, that sucks lol. newegg > frys

if you keep it pull off the heatsink and throw some artic silver on it. sounds like you're overheating.

mannnnn someone threw away my boxes and now i cant return but i found out its not a software problem bc when i formatted my HD and started installing windows 7 again it shut off on my sometimes so i checked my Motherfucker and the liquid cooling ontop of my processors are EXTREMELY hot. So thats why I think my comps been doing a hard shut off to save my 6 processors. now i need to figure out if is broken or it needs some fluid. bc when i bought the computer i did find some slippery liquid. How do i go about checking the reservoir? Do i gotta take the whole thing apart? Its and all-in-one cooling unit. I think its from when I go AFK my desktop goes to sleep mode and it turns off and when i move the mouse it JERKS back to life like it sounds like a fucking jet starting up and i think that blew something?

bah, i dunno anything about liquid cooling. it's nice eye candy but i don't think it's really necessary; too risky to have any of that stuff leak on your mobo.
    download software that'll tell you your CPU/Mobo temps so you can see what they're at. though i'm pretty sure you're overheating. time to get a decent heatsink.

Took out liquid cooling and shook it and theres barely any liquid in it. And it being an all-in-one its maint. Free with no way to refill it. So I bought a cool master hyper evo 212. Hopefully this will fix it. Going to install tomorrow after I claybar/polish/wax the Z.

If you don't plan on OC it, even a stock CPU cooler will work fine. I've got an fx-8120 in one of my esxi boxes and even with 10+ VMs running, its cool. Also, have you made sure the cpu cooler is properly seated? The ones that use the 4 plastic clips that you rotate to lock are bad about coming loose. Make sure to use a dab of thermal paste.

Which water cooler is it? You said its an all in one, is it a corsair?

Im wondering what kind it is too doesn't say. Probably an iBuypower model.

So I tested the liquid cooling to see if it was pumping water anddd I had the comp on for like 20 sec. The water cooler wasnt ontop of my cpus it was loose I just plugged the power in to listen to it. But the problem is, are my processers suppose to get really really hot even though it was on for 15-20sec? With no heatsinks on it?

Its an amd fx6100

I know the fx-8120 ive got gets pretty hot very quickly. They are a high wattage consumption CPU (91w).

In the bios (different places depending on what mobo it is) look for PC health or something along those lines and it should tell you what the CPU temp is.

A quick google search brought up people saying they are seeing them around ~40c at idle and 50+ under load.

Its Counter Strike man, I've been playing this for way too long. Check you ur Rates and shit. add me on steam ill help you out. Ramazanpz

Quote Originally Posted by ramazanpz View Post
    Its Counter Strike man, I've been playing this for way too long. Check you ur Rates and shit. add me on steam ill help you out. Ramazanpz
    wat

lol you can change rate settings in-game for latency, i'm not having latency and register problems. changing all of those will make it a little smoother but it wont fix this ridiculous lag. but i'll add you once i install this new cpu cooler i'm going to reformat.

i do need you to help me with those rates, i used to have them written down somewhere but i cant locate it, like rate 25000 cl_updaterate something something etc etc i forget, so i'll hit you up

YESSSSSSS installed new CPU cooler and its running fine. now i just gotta update everything and install all drivers errrrr

So I updated everything and installed CS:GO and B.O. fell asleep while that was going on and computer stayed on without shutdowns (thank god) Now I gotta see if CS:GO will lag tonight hopefully it wont. I need my CS fixxxxxxxx