Thread: Post your setup!

Default Post your setup!

Probably been done before, but i always like to see other people's custom built PCs and get ideas. So post up your current Config!

I'll start:

Main Desktop @ home

i5-2500k OC to 4.0ghz
    corsair h60 water cooler
    asus p8p67 pro mobo
    8gb ddr3-1600 corsair vengeance
    crucial c300 128gb SSD sata3
    2 x hitachi 500gb 32mb cache 7200 rpm drives in Raid 0
    antec 300
    2 x asus sata dvd-rw
    radeon hd5670 (i dont game)
    logitech x40 5.1 surround
    asus 24" lcd

Senior Member | IA Veteran

Ballin with that water cooler

i could get 4.0 on air actually, water is a bit overkill but safe. the corsair kits are pretty reasonable, i think i got the h60 for like $60 a year ago.

My first PC was water cooled and oc'd...60$ is really cheap...mine was like 160, but it had a water block for the video card also...

the h60 is a all-in-one piece, thats why its a lot less. i couldnt add a gpu cooler to it or anything.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16835181015

yeah, mine was the type that sat in the cd-drive bay....is the pump on the h60 in the radiator?

Im not really computer tech savy. But I did Just buy a brand new toshiba Laptop!
    Hella stock member!

Get some electronic safe liquid in case you spring a leak

Quote Originally Posted by Benefit View Post
    yeah, mine was the type that sat in the cd-drive bay....is the pump on the h60 in the radiator?
    No the pump is actually on the cpu block

Quote Originally Posted by silversol View Post
    Im not really computer tech savy. But I did Just buy a brand new toshiba Laptop!
    LOL, good choice. My laptop is a Toshiba too. Infact the last 6 laptops ive owned are Toshibas. Although i do like the new Samsung 9 Series.

Quote Originally Posted by green91 View Post
    LOL, good choice. My laptop is a Toshiba too. Infact the last 6 laptops ive owned are Toshibas. Although i do like the new Samsung 9 Series.
    Yeah I heard from some of my computer nerd super dork loser buddys that they are the way to go. So far so good! LOL
    Hella stock member!

^ lol

core i7 860
    corsair 4g ram ddr3
    512mb evga 250gtx
    60gb ssd OCZ
    120gb ssd OCZ
    asus dvd burner
    Asus P7P55d pro
    acer 24" lcd
    corsair 650w bronze

green91 - how do you like 8gb of ram? Having that much speeds up the PC,much?

Honda - supplying products of the highest quality at a reasonable cost. Member of the high mileage club.

BODHI - "whats the lowest you will take" then dont even bother posting in this thread! i dont have the time wasting on fuckin dumbfucks who dont know how shit works -- which is me, selling a phone and expecting someone to buy it. At least have some balls to tell me that youre too cheap to buy or say - fuck shoot me a pm if youre too embarrassed

Quote Originally Posted by civicturbo10 View Post
    ^ lol

green91 - how do you like 8gb of ram? Having that much speeds up the PC,much?
    i'll admit i have no idea. my last setup i had an athlon x3 without a SSD, then i built this system and its unbelievably fast. ive never done a direct 4gb vs 8gb comparison on the same setup. i suspect it probably makes very little difference except when doing video editing or something intensive, but for every day browsing or even photoshop its a bit overkill. but ram is getting so cheap i figured why not

Too little ram sux. I def feel the sluggishness on the work PC. 2gb before we upgraded. 4gb seems to be standard these days, hence i asked. If i ever get around to it, 8gb or more b/c it so cheap these days.

The h60 - does it give more speed, just installing it? or just runs cooler when you up the clock speed etc.

I've been down the route of overclocking back in the day and needless to say - EOL fast approached. But back then i don't think water cooling or ginormous fans was common. From then on, screw that. I have 99.99% up time, lol.

Honda - supplying products of the highest quality at a reasonable cost. Member of the high mileage club.

BODHI - "whats the lowest you will take" then dont even bother posting in this thread! i dont have the time wasting on fuckin dumbfucks who dont know how shit works -- which is me, selling a phone and expecting someone to buy it. At least have some balls to tell me that youre too cheap to buy or say - fuck shoot me a pm if youre too embarrassed

IA.COM Founder.

My Desktop said adios a couple of years ago... Lol

I do have 2 Laptops.. One is for work, ( dell ) the other is an HP, I do not use. Mostly use my IPad to browse.

And that is My setup...

I have never built one before but I do plan on building my next pc with something legit (i7 processor or whatever is out in a year or so).

I have this pos dell vostro 200 that I replaced the motherboard and processor on. We had a monster sized pc my fiance's bro built for her a few years back and the vostro was a slim case, so I made a Frankenstein and got the "best of both worlds" until we can afford something better. Gigabyte motherboard, 4 gigs of ram (32 bit windows), and went from 2.4 pentium dual core to 3.2ghz pentium d.

AMD phenom 2, 3.01ghz
    ATI 5870 graphics card
    6g ram
    foxconn motherboard
    some type of heatsink and extra cooling fans

PC is like 5 years old, can play video games 24 hours a day on max graphics.

Gigabyte x58-ud3r mobo, i7 930 chip 6 gig OCZ gold ram. 2 500 gig WD green 7200 rpm HDs. Radon 5770 graphics.

I need to upgrade the mobo. Got any ideas?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by CRAMERIZKING View Post
    I have never built one before but I do plan on building my next pc with something legit (i7 processor or whatever is out in a year or so).
    I nearly used the i7-2600k on my build but i decided to spend the extra $$$ on a SSD instead. the i5-2500k is a best in its own right

Quote Originally Posted by green91 View Post
    I nearly used the i7-2600k on my build but i decided to spend the extra $$$ on a SSD instead. the i5-2500k is a best in its own right
    Yeah 2600k is what I was planning on. I am/was debating ssd. The setup I picked out on newegg was like 1100 with a 500 gig hdd. I want to build something that will be relevant for years to come.

Notice a huge difference between ssd and hdd?

Its night and day, unbelievably fast. My prior setup was 4 x 500gb Sata drives in Raid 0.. the SSD is lightyears faster if that gives you an idea. It takes the BIOS longer to post than to boot to OS. Windows 7 64bit boots in about 7 seconds, ubuntu takes even less.

Well damn, I can assure you that both i and my wallet hate you for swaying me in the other direction.

Maybe I need to move to the SSD also. My computer has started hesitating lately. It is really noticeable when watching videos.

You can hate me in the short term, but you'll love me after you get one haha

Quote Originally Posted by BanginJimmy View Post
    Maybe I need to move to the SSD also. My computer has started hesitating lately. It is really noticeable when watching videos.

While watching videos there is no difference really. when loading software there is a huge difference. Watching a video is watching a video. Take for example you launch the full version of outlook. As soon as you click on it your reading your emails. Launch WoW and your ready to play that sec. SSD is that fast. There is no more waiting to get to work....

Quote Originally Posted by civicturbo10 View Post
    While watching videos there is no difference really. when loading software there is a huge difference. Watching a video is watching a video. Take for example you launch the full version of outlook. As soon as you click on it your reading your emails. Launch WoW and your ready to play that sec. SSD is that fast. There is no more waiting to get to work....
    Have the SSD in and running now. Fast as hell but all the sudden norton doesn't work.

Certified Gearhead jonbuice5591's Avatar

im confused. lol i dont know anything except that i have a toshiba laptop also