Thread: eReaders

Default eReaders

I've been looking to get an eReader for a while, now I think I am going to actually do it. I cant make up my mind between the Nook Color and a regular nook/kindle.

I really like the Nook Color because it is a backlit LCD and that it has the ability to do some of the things a tablet can do. I have read quite a few reviews and writeups about the Color though and a lot of them mentioned pretty severe eye fatigue after a while reading off it.

The Kindle/Nook and about $50 cheaper than the Color but they dont have backlighting so they will require a separate light for reading in darker areas such as an airplane. These also dont have the problems with eye fatigue the Color has.

Either way I go, it will be used strictly as an ereader about 95% of the time.

BTW, I looked at an iPad, but as nice as it is, for what I would use it for I cannot justify the difference in price.

Senior Member | IA Veteran quickdodgeŽ's Avatar

Haha! I bought my wife the Nook Color for Christmas and she absolutely loves it. Reads books on that thing as if it were the last book she was going to read. She is thoroughly satisfied with it. Later, QD.
    FOR MORE INFO, CLICK THE PIC!!!

That is the one I was leaning towards. I just might get it this weekend.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

I got my wife the Kindle and she really likes it. What's the price of books on the nook vs. kindle?
    that's how I roll

Senior Member | IA Veteran quickdodgeŽ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NJSC View Post
    I got my wife the Kindle and she really likes it. What's the price of books on the nook vs. kindle?
    I was going to get mine the Kindle, but the Nook Color has a lot more options that my wife wanted. The backlighting was one of the main ones. The Nook Color also has a read-aloud function and animated story telling for children. There are a shit-ton of books for $.99 and then up to about $9.99 for the more expensive books. I know she said something about buying the entire Anne of Green Gables (8 books) for $5 for the set, lolol. Later, QD.
    FOR MORE INFO, CLICK THE PIC!!!

One of the things I like about the Nook is that it has some of.the basic functions of a tablet. I can put my music on it and it has can do.some basic web browsing. The other ereaders cannot do that.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk