Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: iPad...Who's buying one or has one ?

I don't own anything apple, other than the stock. I loved how I bought my stock way back when it just hit 120ish dollars. Now it's on its way to 250. Thank you consumers who have to have the latest thing.

K I spent 2 hours with one today off an on. Still not convinced it's useful for average consumer. Everything it has my iPhone has or my moms MacBook has. As a media device it's cool to watch movies on it as it is very light, but I can't imagine going somewhere you are travelling long enough to watch a movie and NOT bring your laptop.

Using to play mp3s is retarded obviously it's so big a standard iPod is much more practical.

The only useful thing I saw was the reader that was pretty cool. Digital books you can download and use and read. But is that really worth $500? I'd rather buy the $16 book personally

fail
    Enterprise Data Resources- Ecommerce Project Manager
    -www.usedbarcode.net

Certified Gearhead

I will probably buy the HP slate but only after playing with the Ipad and finding it very fun. My whole intention for this device is to tune my car and watch movies on road trips. The glare from these pads is awesome compared to my laptop. My current laptop only has 120min life capacity, this is due to it being a gaming laptop and not for the everyday user. Sure a netbook could do all this and save me 200-300$, but I want mobiity, battery life, and easy touch screen rocks versus a clunky ass netbook pad. If I wanted to use the HP Slate as a laptop replacement no problem, you can simply pack a rubber USB keyboard for when you need to type extensively.

My main desire for this is media and tuning (this being the largest). I have a netbook and Asus G51, it would still be worth it to purchase an HP Slate.

Quote Originally Posted by Vteckidd View Post
    IAgain, a $400 Netbook with a 14in screen has a 300 gig HD, wireless card, and can play 1080P movies just as well. Sure you dont have the Apple Apps but thats what my Iphone is for.
    At those specs, that would be a laptop, not a netbook. Hell, my macbook is only a 13.3 inch screen or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Vteckidd View Post
    Oh i suppose people will also say it has this new E-Book fad that is going around where you read books on this stupid reader. My prediction is that in the next 2-3 years when the sales of these E-Book contraptions tank because people dont want to be carrying around their E-book, Iphone, Laptop, Ipod all together that someone will come out with a way to integrate it into a PC (if its not already done).

I dont see why Amazon couldnt offer direct digital downloads off their website of popular books. IM sure once that comes out it will render this E-Book fad obsolete.

My mom got one for xmas and it was the most retarded thing ive ever seen. No backlight, small text, it was just a horrible product and it was $400! Waste of money, just like the Ipad for most people IMO
    They actually have e-book for Windows and are developing one for Mac. They're already out for the iPhone.

LizBiz eats Carpet! bdydrpdmazda's Avatar

I played with the Ipad today and that shit was the shit, for folks that spend a lot of time traveling I would think its a must. I played rock band with it and it was as fun as the real thing. I think ill get one on the second or third gen one...

Banned

the only reason id want one is the video of them putting it in the car, thats pretty fire shit lol

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12