Thread: HTC Diamond phone

Default HTC Diamond phone

has anybody ever played around with it? if so, is it a fairly decent phone? I was thinking about picking one up from verizon. thanks.

IA's Biggest Grouch

I have an HTC touch pro, its the diamond with a real keyboard. Its a piece of garbage, stay as far away from any windows mobile phone as you can.

my friend has the touch diamond, not the 1 from here with the flat backside but the 1 with the diamond edges on the back. ive played around with it and i like it. msg him and him, hes BonesMTA on my friends

Quote Originally Posted by ls-r teg
    damn, i want that penis

Quote Originally Posted by 91LudeSiT View Post
    I have an HTC touch pro, its the diamond with a real keyboard. Its a piece of garbage, stay as far away from any windows mobile phone as you can.
    lol...typical

the HTC phone itself is a great phone. it is when these corporations get their hands on them and fill them with useless SHIT is when they start to act up.

get one, go to XDA-DEVELOPERS.com and flash it and you will love it.

I am currently using a custom ROM with Windows 6.5 and Scene 2.5. Battery life went down a little form the other rom I was using but the interface it extremely responsive and honestly made me re think selling the phone.

The processor in the phone is alright, if I remember correctly its something like a 470 or 525 ghz processor which is good, but the funny thing is that all the other new HTC phones out from Tmobile, ATT, and Verizon are all still using the same processor.

HONESTLY. if you need a new phone today get it. If you can wait, just hold off until January. All the new 750+ ghz HTC phones will be out beginning of the year, that along with the new HTC HD2. The 1ghz phone that laughs at the work lag.

Here are some screen shots of my ROM i am running.

Phone is A+ quality, and worth every penny I spent on it over a year ago.

if you have any other questions let me know

IA's Biggest Grouch

Quote Originally Posted by dtmcnamara View Post
    lol...typical

the HTC phone itself is a great phone. it is when these corporations get their hands on them and fill them with useless SHIT is when they start to act up.

get one, go to XDA-DEVELOPERS.com and flash it and you will love it.

I am currently using a custom ROM with Windows 6.5 and Scene 2.5. Battery life went down a little form the other rom I was using but the interface it extremely responsive and honestly made me re think selling the phone.

The processor in the phone is alright, if I remember correctly its something like a 470 or 525 ghz processor which is good, but the funny thing is that all the other new HTC phones out from Tmobile, ATT, and Verizon are all still using the same processor.

HONESTLY. if you need a new phone today get it. If you can wait, just hold off until January. All the new 750+ ghz HTC phones will be out beginning of the year, that along with the new HTC HD2. The 1ghz phone that laughs at the work lag.

Here are some screen shots of my ROM i am running.

Phone is A+ quality, and worth every penny I spent on it over a year ago.

if you have any other questions let me know
    I am using a custom rom and it still sucks balls. I usually end up needing a replacement once every month because the touch screen either stops working or falls off. Oh plus the fact most roms suck with the Verizon version of the Touch pro because Verizon gimped the phone by remove half the ram. I will NEVER buy another HTC phone, their quality control is some of the worst. Verizon has given me NEW replacements too because the refurbs suck.

Quote Originally Posted by 91LudeSiT View Post
    I am using a custom rom and it still sucks balls. I usually end up needing a replacement once every month because the touch screen either stops working or falls off. Oh plus the fact most roms suck with the Verizon version of the Touch pro because Verizon gimped the phone by remove half the ram. I will NEVER buy another HTC phone, their quality control is some of the worst. Verizon has given me NEW replacements too because the refurbs suck.
    you do know that all the refurbished units are done by 3rd party companies....

your first one might have just been a rare case of a bad phone. all the bad refurbs are just POS because the 3rd party company is trying to make money and skimping on things.

HTCs are like the ASUS laptops of cellphones. They have the lowest failure rate (with normal use). They generally are pushing the limits on everything and revolutionizing the cellphone world as well. Get off Verizon and get a HTC phone and you will see....either that or just get the Droid from Verizon. Looking at getting the GSM version the Milestone soon but I just purchased a Nokia N900 so I need to use that for a while before I spend any more money on phones.

good luck

IA's Biggest Grouch

I don't believe it, I'm on my 6th replacement, 2 of them were new, including the latest.