Thread: Certified TV Calibrater?

Default Certified TV Calibrater?

I need on bad. I got a brand new plasma tv and been playing with the setting but hate it. Anyone know one or one that does it for a good price? Best Buy charges $299!!

can someone move this to wallstreeet?

$299 r u fucking serious ? I thought it was like $100 bucks from them. I need to look into this....
    NO ADVERTISING

-IA MANAGEMENT

You guys do know all they are doing is adjusting the color, brightness .... etc.

Quote Originally Posted by oneSLOWex View Post
    You guys do know all they are doing is adjusting the color, brightness .... etc.
    all I know is, I went to best buy and they had a demo set up showing the difference, and was night and day....
    NO ADVERTISING

-IA MANAGEMENT

Certified Gearhead

Quote Originally Posted by oneSLOWex View Post
    how else would they calibrate a tv without adjusting those?

they also bring special tools to verify the colors and make adjustments necessary to get the most out of every color and to make them show true. to do it right it generally takes a couple hours.

yeah that's why I need a tech to come out.

Certified Gearhead

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Asian View Post
    yeah that's why I need a tech to come out.
    you don't need a professional tech to come out. search google for your model plasma and type in settings, calibration, etc. go into several different forums and search by your model tv and try what others are suggesting for your tv. there are some pros on some boards that load their favorite settings, all you simply have to do is search for your model and pick different recommendations until you find one that you like.

this is what i did with my 52" samsung and it looks spectacular. i tried several different suggestion and compared them until i found one i really liked.

Not to mention they probably detune the demo TV compared to the "calibrated" TV

Hit up user OG-Skinny on here, he knows everything about TV's. If he can't do it himself, I'm sure he knows someone that can take care of you.