Thread: Any clubs in Athens?

majesticmodifications.com

Default Any clubs in Athens?

Any of you guys know of any clubs in the Athens, GA region? I have thought about starting one up here and need to know if anyone on IA is in one.

I recently opened Majestic Modifications (www.majesticmodifications.com) and I am thinking of initiating Team Majestic.

I have a few cars I have helped build around the Columbus, Atlanta, and Athens areas, and I am building my F-150 flareside. I am currently developing strategies to open my shop later this year in Athens, GA.

Team Majestic will have several categories for show/speed/street applications.

Any suggestions or current Athens car club members out there?
    ~Majestic MattyB~
    "Majestic Modifications... creating majestic driving experiences worldwide."

Senior Member | IA Veteran quickdodgeŽ's Avatar

Club activity in those areas and surrounding were outlawed back in the late 1980's. Due to a rise in popularity of mini-trucks and the Iran hostage situation, federal and state officials decided it would be better if clubs were not allowed to exist in these and other areas across the country. In fact, it was two weeks after Back To The Future 3 came out when the actual bill was signed into Congress by representative Alfred E. Neuman. He stated that it was that movie that convinced him to go ahead with the law. Later, QD.
    FOR MORE INFO, CLICK THE PIC!!!

Quote Originally Posted by quickdodgeŽ
    Club activity in those areas and surrounding were outlawed back in the late 1980's. Due to a rise in popularity of mini-trucks and the Iran hostage situation, federal and state officials decided it would be better if clubs were not allowed to exist in these and other areas across the country. In fact, it was two weeks after Back To The Future 3 came out when the actual bill was signed into Congress by representative Alfred E. Neuman. He stated that it was that movie that convinced him to go ahead with the law. Later, QD.
    holy shit i thought i was the only person that knew about the banning of car clubs in athens.

wow thats weird

so...no club in athens? what happens if you get caught? we can say it's a club from a different city...like lawrenceville that comes and meet anywhere around GA.
    Blah Blah Blah!

what type of cars are you looking for i live i winder. me and a couple of my freinds where thinking of starting a club. we have meets in winder and go to some other meets around.

Senior Member | IA Veteran quickdodgeŽ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steedracer
    what type of cars are you looking for i live i winder. me and a couple of my freinds where thinking of starting a club. we have meets in winder and go to some other meets around.
    Did you not read about the "no club" law? Later, QD.
    FOR MORE INFO, CLICK THE PIC!!!

I doubt you could get too many ppl anyways man. in all honesty

UGA Alum 2008
    C-West-Mugen-Type R-Vis-Spoon-DC Sports-Injen-
    Avid-Sparco-AEM-Hondata-Enkei-Volk-Twin Screw

I wish there there was a club around here. That's crazy, I have never heard of such a law.

Quote Originally Posted by milanolightning
    I wish there there was a club around here. That's crazy, I have never heard of such a law.

There are a few of us with RSX's here in Athens and we meet with a lot of guys from ATL a lot. Do installs and stuff like that.

UGA Alum 2008
    C-West-Mugen-Type R-Vis-Spoon-DC Sports-Injen-
    Avid-Sparco-AEM-Hondata-Enkei-Volk-Twin Screw

Lol Alfred E Meuman.

I think alot of folks here have no clue about old school Mad Magazine

Garage-Sixgun
    If you're gonna do it, overdo it.

Dirty Octopus Photography. Magic with a shutter!