Thread: Big nasty turbo on a b16b?

Default Big nasty turbo on a b16b?

I talked to a guy that said he wants to do it, I don't know what turbo he plans on running. I told him that if he wants to run high boost he would want to drop the compression on the motor if he plans on running pump gas. What do you think?

IA.com BS DETECTOR

put a T76 on it. that would work good and make big power. Is that considered a big nasty turbo? Not sure.

Drifter/Kneedragger

T88d, only way to go with the B16... super fast spoolup especially when coupled with a large primary-long tube manifold.

A guy i used to live by has a gsr with a T67@5psi i believe. Never saw it go from a roll..probrably hella laggy. but on the HWy and on a stretch its Nasty.

no, I'm just wondering if I'm right by telling him to drop the comp on the motor

considering its high compression, then yes i would AT LEAST run a thicker head gasket and head studs. but you cannot run BIG BOOST on that setup, the sleeves or the pistons will break.

why do you want a big turbo, people just dont get it. i want to SPOOL at 6000 RPMS and have to shift at 8200! but i got a big ass turbo that makes 350whp :lame:
    Enterprise Data Resources- Ecommerce Project Manager
    -www.usedbarcode.net

I don't want to do it, just was talking to a guy that wants to do it. I know better than to get a humongous turbo for a street car

Quote Originally Posted by vteckidd
    considering its high compression, then yes i would AT LEAST run a thicker head gasket and head studs. but you cannot run BIG BOOST on that setup, the sleeves or the pistons will break.

why do you want a big turbo, people just dont get it. i want to SPOOL at 6000 RPMS and have to shift at 8200! but i got a big ass turbo that makes 350whp :lame:
    Thats the only way to do it, big laggy turbos, and actually shift at 9000 rpm, full boost at 5500.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. KiDD
    i dont know, fonzy can get gangsta, he drives a impala. hes a wife beater and a shotgun away from being Scarface

or you could just get a bike?

it should be fine with 10.2-10.4 compression (ONLY IF ITS TUNED!!!). you can run a big turbo on that b16 if you rev up to 10,000
    94 Supra= 500rwhp

Quote Originally Posted by oB1AZEo
    or you could just get a bike?
    Why?? When you can have a full size car that can keep up with a bike...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. KiDD
    i dont know, fonzy can get gangsta, he drives a impala. hes a wife beater and a shotgun away from being Scarface