Thread: Southern Fried Slide 3! July 23rd@Turner Field Atlanta, GA.

Default Southern Fried Slide 3! July 23rd@Turner Field Atlanta, GA.

EVENT IS FULL. CLOSED. NO MORE PRE-REG. NO GATE REG AVAILABLE. PLS K THX.

The last SFS was freakin' amazing. So many runs. Last minute slide til' you die. People coming up from Florida. Insane Mustangs. What the heck else can we do?

I don't know, but let's try it again anyway.

DGTrials is proud to present another return to Turner Field with Southern Fried Slide 3 - Mid Summer Cookout

Date: Saturday, July 23rd, 2005
    Place: Turner Field – Blue Lot; Atlanta, Ga.
    Time: Gates Open 7:00AM - ???
    Registration/Tech: 7:00AM-8:30AM
    Driver's Meeting: 8:45AM
    Drifting: Meeting's end until ???

Spectators: $5 (insurance fees)

If you're late for tech, you won't drive.

Professional Formula-D drivers, Erik Jocobs and Tony Schulz, will also be available for driver instructing once again. Make sure you ask for them while on grid!

Hotel Information
    Comfort Inn Downtown South
    795 Pollard Boulevard
    Atlanta, GA 30315
    Phone: (404) 658-1610
    Fax: (404) 221-1812

This is one of the closest hotels there. You can walk to the event from the hotel. Check with them for rates.

Volunteers
    I am currently trying to figure out a Volunteer Special for you guys. Its probably going to entail participation in a future event at a discounted rate with a certain number of volunteer days worked. We will be providing our Volunteers with lunch. For those that are interested in volunteering.. please email [email protected].

Miscellaneous Stuff
    It was quite difficult for us to negotiate and get Turner Field’s Blue Lot. Any goofing around, horseplay in the pit area, rolling burnouts on the track, and otherwise disrespectful behavior will NOT be tolerated and will result in expulsion from the facility with no refund. You guys were really really good boys and girls last time, so let's keep up the good work.

We will again have an APD police officer on duty at the track, and he will drop you with a taser like that guy on the crane. Then we'll take a picture of your electrically-induced spontaneous anal and kidney release soiled pants and post it on the internet next to the pic of your face in the squad car. So look out!

This event is NOT going to be a competition, rather an Open invitation to anyone wanting to get more seat time in a safe legal environment for drifting. The track will be easy enough for a stock 240sx to slide, but technical enough for the highly modified skilled driver to link (hint: combo) the entire thing. We are going to try and do a different course design this time. Look for less suicide bumps and more speed. We hope.

Tech Inspection Guidelines
    a. Battery tie down -- you must have a strong battery tie down (preferably metal). Bungee cords are no good. Do not even bother getting in the tech line if your battery is not secured well. Battery boxes must be similarly secured.
    b. Seat belts -- you must have a functional 3 (or more) point seat belt that is securely fastened.
    c. Seat bolts -- make sure all your seat bolts are tight and present. You will not be able to drive with less than 4 bolts holding your seat to the chassis.
    d. Lug Nuts / Studs -- you must have all lug nuts and studs per wheel. 3/4 or 4/5 lugs/studs fails tech. No exceptions.
    e. Wheel bearings -- must not exhibit excessive play.
    Do these rules sound familiar? Thats because the other guys are now all using it!

These are the basic tech requirements. Specific requirements are available at http://www.DGTrials.com/forms.php It is your responsibility to ensure that your vehicle passes tech, not ours. We will provide some assistance (read: very, very minimal), but the burden lies on you, the entrant.

STAY TUNED FOR MORE DETAILS AND SPONSOR INFORMATION.

Please direct any questions you have regarding the track, sponsorship, or the event in general to [email protected] or [email protected]

Thank You,
    Erik, Dennis, Eugene, Tony Schulz, and the other ATL DG Staff
    www.dgtrials.com
    Last edited by quazar; 07-18-2005 at 10:30 AM.
    07 3.0R LLBean/ 04 M3 6MT / 00 2.5RS / 00 Outback / 91 SR S13 / 87 GL / 86 G60 GTI / 86 AE86 GT-S / 81 VW Caddy / 71 BMW 2002
    .:driftmechaniks.com:. [Team Rowdy] /Motormavens.com/ [Keep Drifting Fun]

What is DGtrials requirement on/regarding Helmets?

30047-REDLINE, WAT REDLINE? 10k Shifts ALL day

Can i bring 2 Cars, 1 driver (ME) and still only pay $90?

Drifter/Kneedragger

Quote Originally Posted by estis fatuus
    What is DGtrials requirement on/regarding Helmets?

wear one ... have it in once piece.

30047-REDLINE, WAT REDLINE? 10k Shifts ALL day

Quote Originally Posted by annihilation
    Can i bring 2 Cars, 1 driver (ME) and still only pay $90?

So........can i bring 2 cars and only pay $90 total?

your best bet for a response on this question is to email Eugene.
    His email is on the DGtrials website.
    www.dgtrials.com
    Eugene.

-Kapil
    Full Lock
    -Kapil Gandhi
    Full Lock Media
    www.fulllock.net
    InertiaCore DVD Out NOW!!!!