Thread: 05 supra where is it?

Default 05 supra where is it?

i have heard rumors that they are bringing it back and i have seen some photos but does any one know when or if they will bring back the supra????

RX-7 Enthusiast

i heard they were thinking about it but there not going to move with it and something about if there brought it back it would be non turbo ... thats from my sources
    Brian

it was in motortrend an issue or 2 ago.. and i think it's getting release as a Lexus first.. not sure.

yeah it was more a concept for a super car with the "supra" name attached. There has been no official speak of bringing the supra back as far as i've seen. if they did bring it back... it would be expensive... and it would bomb... again...

The true market for the supra is the used car market.
    Last edited by CSquared; 03-10-2005 at 01:53 PM.

Banned

its not gonna be anything like the old supra that we all want but instead a 911 competitor with a price tag of over $80000, a V-10, and one kick ass warranty (what do you expect from a toyota)

From what I can tell the car people are reffering to as the next supra is the Lexus LF-A. Front engine,RWD V8 aluminum block/heads 500hp 6spd manual 3300 lb curb weight, $150,000 price tag. On sale possibly 2006. That is from Motor Trend March 2005.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 99SI
    From what I can tell the car people are reffering to as the next supra is the Lexus LF-A. Front engine,RWD V8 aluminum block/heads 500hp 6spd manual 3300 lb curb weight, $150,000 price tag. On sale possibly 2006. That is from Motor Trend March 2005.
    looks like Car and Driver and Motor Trend disagree

If they would have brought the last body style Supra out and slapped a Lexus name badge on it and made it the Lexus sports car, I would more then bet the Aupra would still be around to this day, and people would have been more then happy to pay the price that made the demise a certainty.
    Brett (One of the true OG's, No really... ask anyone)
    '15 Chevy SS
    '16 K7 SXL SWP

www.facebook.com/brett.lowenthal1

R.I.P Leisa, You are never forgotten - 10/7/08

The only word on the engine configuration is this ""The LFA would probably feature a power and drivetrain configuration closely aligned with whatever is being used in Formula 1 competition at the time." With the 3.0 liter v-10's currently used in F1 being dumped for 2.4 liter V'8's in 2006, you can draw your own conclusions.

that explains that... thanks ppl

....It is what it is...

NO, THANK YOU!

i can live with the front end.

but that ass has gotta go.
    2001 Honda Prelude Base model
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/twkg2001
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince NISMO
    he is the mac daddy pimp... rockin the lude all day long!

i like the whole car besides the rims...

that car is so bad. ill pick one up when they come out lol

to me, it looks bad ass from the first 2 pic. and then the third pic. makes the car look horrible! i don't like that whole exhaust area. as for the rims, RIMS ARE INTERCHANGEABLE... i would deal with them until i got a new set
    cell: (404) 512-0260

s15 Silvia swapped producin' 245 hp. and 255 tq. to the wheels

IA Member

I think it looks good but ya gotta keep in mind its a concept and will definetly not be as extreme when put into production. I also read somewhere that there was gonna be another sporty toyota model with a v6 coming out, cant recall the name right now though

The rear is designed for the most downforce possible w/o using a huge rear wing. The venturi and diffuser is for 200 mph stability. Not the prettiest I'll agree, however, it is functional.

Calling out 06blkbalt raven97990's Avatar

I know the truth..... whats going on, straight from Toyota... but I don't feel like sharing yet.

from what ive gathered from the past few months is that toyota was planning a new supra to come out and they were going to aim it at the 350z/rx-8 type of cars.... there was talk about the new supra not even being available in a turbo model. i havent heard much about if they still plan on making one or not, but if they do, and aim at the 350z market... it will be a DISGRACE to the Supra name - my opinion - new body style/same ole motor+turbo and aim at the z06 and viper market.....

as far as the lexus lf-a concept. lexus is claiming 500hp and 200+mph and 0-60 in under 4 seconds on an unspecified number of cylinders and an unspecified number of liters with a price tag of well over 100k. pretty good for a lexus :OP if i had the money i'd prolly take one... as for the looks, the car is supposed to be ultra aerodynamic so whatever....

okay guys here ya go here's an update on the 2007 Toyota Supra.... still weak ass in my opinion but whatever.....

http://www.suprastore.com/mkvsuprav6orv8.html

enjoy!!!!

I've also read that Toyota will make a special limited Supra coming out later. And it will cost around $125,000 range.

The Lexus LF-A is not to be confused with the SUpra. That car is inspired by F-1 and will be a V-8 or V-10 depending on F-1 rules. It will be a Lexus and cost over 100k.

As for the Supra, they are currently testing cars based on a shortned Lexus GS platform, using the new 3.5 V-6, tuned for 330hp (This engine makes 280hp in the Avalon and over 300hp in the IS 350). Engineers are not 100% happy with the cars weight and handling, if they scrap this car and do a Supra only platform, it will push the car back (release date).

My other ride is broken speedracer41's Avatar

This is directly from the self proclaimed "insiders" - that toyota is bringing - something - to the market, there is less talk of "super exotic", and more talk of low $30k price tag - non turbo to compete with the 350Z.

ok, i was down at AAP a while back (waiting for my friend) and i got bored so i started reading magazines. i forget which one. i found an issue on the 2007 supra. it has some moderate supra styling but not much. the pictures had the testing track pictures so it had a lot of tarps. from what this said, it would be a v-10 engine pushing around 500 horses. the price tag would be around 125k. i cant remember if they said something about mid engine or front engine. i remember however, it was not a lexus. they specifically said toyota supra. they styling did not look like the lexus in the pictures though. im guessing that this supra will fit in the class with the new ford GT.

IMO..... they should just put a damn 2jzgte motor in the new supra equipped with t-57 or a 60-1 single turbo and call it a day.... 500hp straight out of the factory.... plus MUCH room to add on if you wanted...

either that or make a v-8 capable of handling some decent boost....

if they dont do those things they should NOT make another supra... HAHAHAH wishful thinking....