Thread: Hey Guys, I need some help!

Default Hey Guys, I need some help!

Ok I know Greg and I was talking to him a few days ago about getting some interior work done to my s10. I am looking to get my interior done with tweed, always loved the look since I was like 10, Greg told me that Jeff would find his friends number so I can get it done but I was wondering if yall know others who can do good work? I have a 2000 s10 and I am looking to get my sub box, dash, head liner, door panels, and seats all laid. If anyone could PM me some numbers I would like to get some est. asap so I can start everything. I would like to get it all done before christmas. THANKS

also I am in the snellville area so the closer the better. THANKS

IA Member

I havent forgotten, I am checkin for his ph #

cool. THANKS. Also greg, you think I could fit 2 of those 12w3v2-d4's behind the bench seat in a s10? I was looking to put one behind each set and then mount the 2 amps in the middle. I may have to bring the truck by one day after I get the chassis welded back, i was having too much fun with the air ride and I cracked a chassis cross member.

IA Member

The that did my tweed is jason morgan. I talked to him last night and told him about you. His phone #770-896-6065

12" in a standard cab at your height would not be a good idea.
    Greg
    86 Buick GN
    07 Passat Wagon
    01 Frontier

Quote Originally Posted by Allstar3.8T
    12" in a standard cab at your height would not be a good idea.
    damn....well then I am going to have to eigther find someone with 10w3v2d4 subs and trade them for my 12w3v2d4's or just cross my fingers and go with it... I will just have to see what will happen, I have a box for a 12, sort of a stealth box like the one in tims Tahoe, I will see what kind of clearance I will get and get back to you. I would like to finish this truck so I can auctually drive it, I hate have a car/truck that I cannot drive because its taken apart and not finished.

THANKS

Do three 8", or two 10" and a strong amp, thats all anyone needs in a small truck. traffic Jams did one 10" below dash on passengers side, on a similar S-10...a dude in Team FX named Jonathan Chase, a Polk db series, w/ a few hundred watts..it pounds!
    Greg
    86 Buick GN
    07 Passat Wagon
    01 Frontier

well I already have 2 of these

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b2...a/DSC00661.jpg

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b2...a/DSC00664.jpg

i guess if anyone needs the subs hit me up, they are new never used, all I need now are some 10w3v2d4's...anyone got them?

We need to make sure you have room for those also.The depth needs to be measured, heres how;
    1. Get the seat where you want it, measure the distance from the seat to the wall 6" off the floor where the box will sit for a 10" woofer (1/2 of 10" is 5", plus 1" for 3/4" wood and 1/4" covering/carpet) this is to find depth of the woofer on dead center.
    For the sake of #s lets say its 8".
    2. Then that distance needs 2" taken out for 3/4" face, 3/4" rear , and 1/2" of covering and woofer mounting.
    So the first # being 8" minus the 2" gives you 6" depth
    3. Whats left is mounting depth for the woofer. I suspect you will need a shallow mount 10" or maybe 8"s. Now find a woofer thats this #, we used 6" as an example, now also realize this still may be a little off depending on magnets diam also. If you have a 10" woofer w/ a 6" magnet, we need this clearance 3" higher than center point.

If this confuses you, come by the house, and I'll get you some #s. If you think I am insane, call John or Chris at Traffic Jams, and schedule a time to go in and get hooked up! Mention my name for no discount!!
    Greg
    86 Buick GN
    07 Passat Wagon
    01 Frontier

Quote Originally Posted by Allstar3.8T
    Mention my name for no discount!!

i am going to be repairing the chassis this weekend if it dosent rain and I will see if I can throw the bed on and drive it out to your place one of these days.