Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: new clubs/teams

a tru OG,.. ask somebody

Default new clubs/teams

i was thinking,.. the scene has changed so much in the last 2-3 years.. looking at what is in atlanta now, compared to then,.. there will never be another X-Rated, Perfected Images, International Allstars, like there was back in the day..

95% of the clubs, teams, and cars out there now.. are cookie cutters.. that one looks just like this one, and looks like the one over there too..

there are a few left that i give credit too.. Allstars, ECI, a few left form Xrated, and PI, but.. NOTHING like what was back then... its sad, i had some of the best times at car shows, on car trips, etc guess alot of yall missed out,.. sux for ya.. lol
    Jimmy Blair II
    www.Pinnacleracing.com
    01 Tahoe w/ 'sclade stuff
    99 Grand Cherokee

Yeah the clubs have died that gave the scene a good run, thats for sure. It was clubs like that who kept the scene going, And some of the best looking cars came out of the shops at that time, Its not like that now, thats for sure.
    Brett (One of the true OG's, No really... ask anyone)
    '15 Chevy SS
    '16 K7 SXL SWP

www.facebook.com/brett.lowenthal1

R.I.P Leisa, You are never forgotten - 10/7/08

I hear ya Jimmy:

Good times.
    --RIP Leisa. Forever In Our Hearts--

--Val for President 1979-2007--
    --RIP Val, You will be missed--

Quote Originally Posted by HalfBaked
    Anytime I'm driving south of I-20 in the perimeter, I play spot the white driver.

Generally I don't count past 10.

a tru OG,.. ask somebody

oh , and i forgot about a few cars from SMC.. THATS bringin it back.. lol
    Jimmy Blair II
    www.Pinnacleracing.com
    99 Grand Cherokee

Quote Originally Posted by Big Body Accord
    oh , and i forgot about a few cars from SMC.. THATS bringin it back.. lol
    Oh my! Yep, was in that too. NP Racing, y0!

Anytime I'm driving south of I-20 in the perimeter, I play spot the white driver.

I talk shit, dont ban me

very very very true

Alex, I remember when your RSX was done up.....
    Brett (One of the true OG's, No really... ask anyone)
    '15 Chevy SS
    '16 K7 SXL SWP

www.facebook.com/brett.lowenthal1

R.I.P Leisa, You are never forgotten - 10/7/08

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Brett
    Yeah the clubs have died that gave the scene a good run, thats for sure. It was clubs like that who kept the scene going, And some of the best looking cars came out of the shops at that time, Its not like that now, thats for sure.

yea like uab!!!!

IA KING

hung had a fucking ugly gay ricer body kit... eeewwwww!!!!

IA MEmber

i was thinking,.. the scene has changed so much in the last 2-3 years.. looking at what is in atlanta now, compared to then,.. there will never be another X-Rated, Perfected Images, International Allstars, like there was back in the day..

95% of the clubs, teams, and cars out there now.. are cookie cutters.. that one looks just like this one, and looks like the one over there too..

there are a few left that i give credit too.. Allstars, ECI, a few left form Xrated, and PI, but.. NOTHING like what was back then... its sad, i had some of the best times at car shows, on car trips, etc guess alot of yall missed out,.. sux for ya.. lol
    That could change

a tru OG,.. ask somebody

yea,.. well... no.. it wont.. lol
    Jimmy Blair II
    www.Pinnacleracing.com
    99 Grand Cherokee

Im blunt,Get over it blacknightteg's Avatar

you dont know that
    Canon Nutswinger:
    Canon XS
    18-55mm
    55-250mm
    50mm USM

Man, your forgot to add in Family Creations! That club was the shit!

[80Nine Promotion - GFX Design/Model Sweatshop]
    [DescontrolEnAtlanta.com][coming soon]
    [atlantabikinicarwash.com]

a tru OG,.. ask somebody

ive been in the "scene" for over 10 years... its dead.. lol.. well.. unless you dump real money in your car.. all these people think they can put 5-6 g's in there car, adn have a winning show car.. not the case.. granted, alot of the cars look good, they wont win anything at a real show....
    and the clubs.. HA, cars should accually have to have stuff DONE THO THEM to be in a "car club",.. wait.. oh yea.. all the "new" clubs are just... um.. yea.. i wont finish that.. ill be nice
    Jimmy Blair II
    www.Pinnacleracing.com
    99 Grand Cherokee

no more LEGO MACHINE?

Leisa and S. 4 Life NM?

a tru OG,.. ask somebody

the lego machine was jeff's.. i have the big huge accord .. both of our cars were yellow though.. lol
    Jimmy Blair II
    www.Pinnacleracing.com
    99 Grand Cherokee

Senior Member | IA Veteran quickdodge®'s Avatar

I remember. Later, QD.
    FOR MORE INFO, CLICK THE PIC!!!

IA MEmber

u dont gotta have a $100,000 show car to be cool..... The scene is still here, but with the cars that are out, and the ammount of things u can do to them...what may be considered rice to one person.... may not be to another. Yeah ECI, and allstars have bad ass rides.... but how often to they get together? What the scene has become is very opinionated. but thats my opinion

the lego machine was jeff's.. i have the big huge accord .. both of our cars were yellow though.. lol
    yeah i know!!!

Leisa and S. 4 Life NM?

IA KING

u dont gotta have a $100,000 show car to be cool..... The scene is still here, but with the cars that are out, and the ammount of things u can do to them...what may be considered rice to one person.... may not be to another. Yeah ECI, and allstars have bad ass rides.... but how often to they get together? What the scene has become is very opinionated. but thats my opinion
    well it all goes on what you want to do in the scene... everyone is different... if you want a nice daily driver ya you don't have to shell out 100k, but if you want to be at the top its gonna take some $$$, doesn't matter if its show/race

I'll never forget the day Jeff's hood flew off at the Track in Alabama...

Yeah he actually ran it at the STREETLEGAL SHOW (Free Runs which made it one of the best experiences ever)

his new Name was "Hoodless" for a day...

Leisa and S. 4 Life NM?

IA MEmber

well if yall think the scene is dying..... quit Judging and start encouraging.... im not pointing fingers... this is really for everyone. The scene will never die... if anything kids these days are buying hondas left and right.... 16, 17, 18, 19 year olds.... this is the future of the import scene. They dont have the money, or maybe the time.... but they still have the same ideas.... Car clubs should take them in and help them rather than turn them away... I think its cool we have elite clubs with nice cars.... but be for real guys.... we dont have that kinda CHEESE lol Not trying to start a war or anything lol but for real, think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by 1SiCKTuNeR
    well if yall think the scene is dying..... quit Judging and start encouraging.... im not pointing fingers... this is really for everyone. The scene will never die... if anything kids these days are buying hondas left and right.... 16, 17, 18, 19 year olds.... this is the future of the import scene. They dont have the money, or maybe the time.... but they still have the same ideas.... Car clubs should take them in and help them rather than turn them away... I think its cool we have elite clubs with nice cars.... but be for real guys.... we dont have that kinda CHEESE lol Not trying to start a war or anything lol but for real, think about it.
    Your wrong. Jimmy is right. Look at all of the old school clubs like East Coast Honda, SMC, X-Rated, NP Racing, etc. THAT is when this scene was at the top of it's game. Everywhere you turned there was a phat ass club with hot as shit cars, and people always were doing something else to their cars to change it up. Hell, I didn't even show that much back in the day and I was still changing shit all the time. My car has had 4 different body kits. My car has had the interior redone 5 times. I've had 4 engines, 5 transmissions, 3 different nitrous setups and 4 different exhausts. I have had 5 different suspension systems! SUSPENSION! Shit you can't even see! And my car has only been shown 11 times, by my choice! You don't see that shit today, with the exception of the elite clubs that are still around.

Now, none of us are trying to say that you younguns are garbage because you don't do that shit, but you are not as hardcore as we were/are.

it's because the new generation is the Fast and the Furious culture....

and when you go out to the meets, it's like a daycare, because you know damn well, half of them are out past curfew.

IA MEmber

Btlfed.... thats exactly the point i was trying to make....

IA MEmber

Quote Originally Posted by AznTraitor
    it's because the new generation is the Fast and the Furious culture....

and when you go out to the meets, it's like a daycare, because you know damn well, half of them are out past curfew.
    you may be right.... but thats what it may be now. THE SCENE MUST GO ON! lol just saying that who cares what the future is????? whatever the scene becomes.... is what it becomes.... as long as everyone is having fun.... either that or ur just burned out.

a tru OG,.. ask somebody

and we didnt have "cheese" eather.. we worked overtime, in to the night, morning, after school.. didnt take time off to go to um.. meets? lol.. we had a blast doing what we did.. the big chicken meets, ONCE a week.. club "meetings" ONCE a month.. otgher than that.. we crused when we could, we chilled anywhere we could.. but only when we had extra time! we would meet on parking lots till 3-4 am, and there would be over 50 people there at a time.. and it was always DIFFRENT people.. it really is sad.. yall wont ever get it.. lol
    Jimmy Blair II
    www.Pinnacleracing.com
    99 Grand Cherokee

and we didnt have "cheese" eather.. we worked overtime, in to the night, morning, after school.. didnt take time off to go to um.. meets? lol.. we had a blast doing what we did.. the big chicken meets, ONCE a week.. club "meetings" ONCE a month.. otgher than that.. we crused when we could, we chilled anywhere we could.. but only when we had extra time! we would meet on parking lots till 3-4 am, and there would be over 50 people there at a time.. and it was always DIFFRENT people.. it really is sad.. yall wont ever get it.. lol

or someone would let us into the rink and watch the fat black man try to skate....

IA MEmber

bigbodyaccord... thats all cool and all... but dont you still see it happening???? you must not be attending the IA meets these days???? there once a week..... just different people.... than 1999.

IA MEmber

i think this is a good debate.... lets talk

nah man, it's not happening like it was.

big chicken....those meets were the best, people from all over would come to those....I'm talking people from all over georgia would caravan to just be there. Average was like 100+ cars and that would be on a bad night. and it would be everything from mustang clubs, camaro clubs, and all the different import clubs, like a big melting pot.

the old Kohls + Toys R Us meet, were like mini big chicken meets, something new was always out there, so many people, avg was about 75-100, and again people would travel from all over with their group.

the target meets....the north point meets, you guy are lucky to maybe have 30+ cars, and it's locals mainly, and you've seen their car many of times.

the old meets, people would always roll up with something new, the car would never look the same the next week.

bigbodyaccord... thats all cool and all... but dont you still see it happening???? you must not be attending the IA meets these days???? there once a week..... just different people.... than 1999.
    You are still missing the point. Back then when we had meets, people didn't have to babysit other people so everybody didn't get kicked out. The now infamous Barrett Pkwy? Yeah, I was one of the people that started it. There was usually 5 of us in the parking lot at Texaco, which is now a Shell station. Then everyone had to move over to what is now Starbucks, and not because of stupidity or being kicked out. We were blocking traffic into the gas station. The K-Mart meets at the big chicken? Always AT LEAST 75 cars there. Every Thursday for years. Then the younguns came around acting like assholes and Marietta Police kicked everyone out and guarded the parking lot so we couldn't come back. That shit is not OUR doing.

IA MEmber

nah man, it's not happening like it was.

big chicken....those meets were the best, people from all over would come to those....I'm talking people from all over georgia would caravan to just be there. Average was like 100+ cars and that would be on a bad night. and it would be everything from mustang clubs, camaro clubs, and all the different import clubs, like a big melting pot.

the old Kohls + Toys R Us meet, were like mini big chicken meets, something new was always out there, so many people, avg was about 75-100, and again people would travel from all over with their group.

the target meets....the north point meets, you guy are lucky to maybe have 30+ cars, and it's locals mainly, and you've seen their car many of times.

the old meets, people would always roll up with something new, the car would never look the same the next week.

Ur prob right, i wasnt around back then....but im here now. And i "Grew up" into what it has become.... so what do i do???? exactly what yall did back in the day.... just in a different perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by BTLFED
    You are still missing the point. Back then when we had meets, people didn't have to babysit other people so everybody didn't get kicked out. The now infamous Barrett Pkwy? Yeah, I was one of the people that started it. There was usually 5 of us in the parking lot at Texaco, which is now a Shell station. Then everyone had to move over to what is now Starbucks, and not because of stupidity or being kicked out. We were blocking traffic into the gas station. The K-Mart meets at the big chicken? Always AT LEAST 75 cars there. Every Thursday for years. Then the younguns came around acting like assholes and Marietta Police kicked everyone out and guarded the parking lot so we couldn't come back. That shit is not OUR doing.

nah man, it was more like 100+ cars....

and that's exactly why it was shut down....kids were getting mom and daddy to buy them nice cars and they always wanted to show off in front of crowds....aka the kid that destroyed that M3 he just got.

nah man, it was more like 100+ cars....

and that's exactly why it was shut down....kids were getting mom and daddy to buy them nice cars and they always wanted to show off in front of crowds....aka the kid that destroyed that M3 he just got.
    That's why I said AT LEAST lol. That BMW was the best. Nobody gave a shit. We all just laughed at him. Poles own j00! HAHAHAHA!

Yeah, blame the 18-23 year olds. They all ruined it for us old timers. :lol:

IA MEmber

Yeah we still, have those idiots that do that.... but we can't let them stop us from havin fun right???? if anything if we catch up to em..... drag em outa the car and let him know how u feel about it.... Yeah we get harassed by cops and we may have been given a bad name to the Domestic side.... but look at how many members IA has.... they are out there.... the scene musta went to the internet lol

Ur prob right, i wasnt around back then....but im here now. And i "Grew up" into what it has become.... so what do i do???? exactly what yall did back in the day.... just in a different perspective.

well, I'm not trying to be negative at all...but more of a outsider looking in....

as most of the regulars know me, I didnt fall into the "scene" when it first got going....I was friends with all of them sure.....but never got into it. I did my own thing and wanted to seperate myself from the asian guy with a honda persona....I instead opted for a 94 Mustang GT.....none of my friends liked it, none of my friends thought it was cool....so I had to make another set of friends....I had my mustang/domestic friends and the import friends. Everyone in the mustany community mocked me and made fun of me, calling me "ricer" and said that I need to get a honda....but I proved them all wrong, I made my mark in the domestic scene....I was also in Muscle mustangs & Fast Fords, twice. I always had my import friends, and I've seen how the scene was started, how it grew and then it's fall.....

No, you don't. That is our point. Back then, we got together to hang out. Now YOU people get together to start pissing contests and do worthless burnouts and shit. Why do you think that your generation as a whole is not welcome at Import Lounge meets? Because the last time they let people in, they were kicked out and had to grovel at management for over a month to be allowed to come back.

That's why I said AT LEAST lol. That BMW was the best. Nobody gave a shit. We all just laughed at him. Poles own j00! HAHAHAHA!

I just couldnt understand why his dumb ass wouldnt just get off the gas instead of keeping on it, to sling shot him all over the road ????

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast