Thread: laptop wireless internet connection

Im a guy, not a girl

Default laptop wireless internet connection

Hey all. Im buying a laptop soon but im not sure on something. Not sure how this centrino technology works. Basically I want a wireless connection to the internet anywhere I am (like a cell phone) but not sure if centrino will do this. Not sure if I have to pay a monthly feee either? Thanks for any help

It will not do that. You will have to get a wireless card from a cell phone provider. The laptop with Centrino technology will allow you to connect to 802.11b/g hotspots at places that provide wireless internet like cafes, schools and your house (if you have a wireless router) You will need something like this below, plus service from whichever provider's card you buy, ie, verizon in this case vvvvvvvvvv
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...770819686&rd=1
    05 Chrysler 300 - Kitted on 22s
    06 Quad Cab Dodge Ram 1500

Proud to be Retrosexual Jaimecbr900's Avatar

You should also look into a good firewall and WEP when you are surfing all over the place. I also wouldn't do any financial transactions over a wireless link. Asking for trouble there IMO.

Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaimecbr900
    You should also look into a good firewall and WEP when you are surfing all over the place. I also wouldn't do any financial transactions over a wireless link. Asking for trouble there IMO.

Good luck.
    good advice
    05 Chrysler 300 - Kitted on 22s
    06 Quad Cab Dodge Ram 1500

Im a guy, not a girl

thanks guys