Thread: homemadeturbos suck?? wha'what??

Default homemadeturbos suck?? wha'what??--now w/ graph!!

spent some quality time w/ charles today at mainstream. i installed my new intercooler and changed oil while he was getting another car ready for me to tune. when i got his car done i finally spent some quality time on the sohc non-vtec homemadeturbo.

203whp/199wtq SOHC POWA' b#tches!!!!

not too shabby from it's humble beginnings of 85-90whp bone stock. today was hot and humid...overall i'm pretty happy w/ the numbers. ordering traction bars next week.

now i gotta get off my a## and build it up for the other turbo and up to 22psi.

if i could've kept it at 12psi instead of rolling back to 10psi i would've been in the 210's to 220 range.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -052105dynoruns-jpg  
    Last edited by scttydb411; 05-25-2005 at 11:05 PM.
    MAINSTREAM PERFORMANCE & DIGITAL BOX TUNING
    ECU CHIPPING/SOCKETING/TUNING-HONDATA, CROME, BRE, TURBOEDIT
    HONDATA DEALER/TUNER
    NISSAN REALTIME-NISTUNE
    MITSUBISHI AND SUBARU TUNING AVAILABLE!

more info should be included with this. Not many people think homemade turbos suck, at least i dont think they do. Include the setup/vehical info. thanks
    "The 1911 is a collection of subsystems that must work together. Each part must be prepared and fit properly not only in and of itself, but also with regard to the other parts with which it must operate for the gun to function and appear as desired."

d16y7 (stock internals), 13g from '02 wrx (tdo4L), std ef manifold w/ adapterplate, dsm 450cc inj, dsm 1g bov, ef resistorbox, 2" jc whitney mandrel bends, aem cai as upper chargepipe, johnnyracecar fmic, 2.5" downpipe, 2.5" highflow cat, 3" pipe from cat to bumper, socketed/chipped ecu w/ uberdata, tuned by me.

i don't think homemadeturbos suck either...i've been running this setup for over 2years and i'm about to bust 100,000 daily driven miles/almost 40,000 boosted. there wasn't a drop of oil in the chargepipes or fmic when i did the work on it yesterday...i'd say it's pretty healthy.
    HONDATA DEALER/TUNER
    NISSAN REALTIME-NISTUNE

XLR8SHEN FOE LizzziFeE iNsTuN nOoDoH's Avatar

yeahhhhh sohc powah! haha

i've got a t3 60 compressor ar .48. Hopefully I can get around those numbers when I get tuned by ya.

Formerly Spyder Man

Homemade turbo's dont suck the people that put them together with a bunch of crappy wore out junkyard parts and then complain because it doesnt last are the problem.. also the fact that some people insist on runing 20 psi with a turbo that is to large on a factory high compression motor then complain "the turbo blew up my car" and i just laugh... no you dumb bastard YOU blew up your car, the turbo did not install it self on there.

btw grats on good numbers for a sohc
    :boobies:

Great job man. I have been following your success for the past couple of years. I believe I bought my kit when you first did your homemade setup. I was too impatient to do it that way and I regret it to this day. Your success will help others along the way who want good power without spending upwards of $3,000 on an untuned kit. Keep up the good work. You also have PM!

Quote Originally Posted by Professor X
    Great job man. I have been following your success for the past couple of years. I believe I bought my kit when you first did your homemade setup. I was too impatient to do it that way and I regret it to this day. Your success will help others along the way who want good power without spending upwards of $3,000 on an untuned kit. Keep up the good work. You also have PM!
    thanks...pm'd back.
    HONDATA DEALER/TUNER
    NISSAN REALTIME-NISTUNE

203whp/199wtq SOHC POWA' b#tches!!!!

very nice.
    yes i am....

Nice man... How much did this setup run you?

Quote Originally Posted by mp5o
    Nice man... How much did this setup run you?
    about $1k including all my gauges...it's all about finding the best deals and being patient. the most expensive part was the fmic.
    HONDATA DEALER/TUNER
    NISSAN REALTIME-NISTUNE